Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

35 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

The only sympathetic argument you could make for Rodgers is what happened in the summer.

He'd been led to believe he's get his refresh but it didn't happen as the board became increasingly concerned about FFP. He'd thrown a few players under the bus, and then found he'd have to work with them (e.g. Soumare and Praet). I think his defence will focus on that when/if he leaves. And he was unable to complete deals with players who he'd personally agreed to sign, like Lookman. 

But why we were in danger in the first place is somewhat Rodgers' responsibility with poor signings, especially Vestergaard although Rudkin is clearly complicit too, and the failure to close out a CL place. 

He struggled for the first few weeks to come to terms with the situation but that's on him. Top managers would have adjusted but his whole attitude stank and only once he got out of the victim mentality, we saw our results improve. 

Maybe the board feel guilty about what happened in the summer, hence the loyalty to him. He is a very good coach but it's just not working anymore here. He needs to go for his sake and the club's. 

The best post of the last few days

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hammo said:

He would have nowhere to hide after that

He'd hide behind several excuses which involve the club, finances, facilities, weather, pitch condition and so on. 

Basically, he wouldn't ever acknowledge his own shortcomings. No pun intended. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

All that is opinion. When he announced his big refresh, there is no evidence he had been promised anything. Remember, he was announcing it months after our biggest summer transfer window as a means to throw the team under the bus following the FA cup defeat. 

Is there any evidence he particularly rated Lookman? Went for big periods last season without playing him and I remember at the Randers match Rodgers was shouting at him consistently and Lookman pretty much blanked him.

Not opinion - why would be be talking to players about signing for us when he knew we had no money? It's on the record he was negotiating deals, and he said as much in press conferences. 

He rated Lookman - there's a piece on Lookman about how Rodgers helped him with his game and how they worked together. 

25 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I guess he was always gonna say that about being behind Rodgers, but the worrying thing again is that they think the performances we are giving are acceptable, so by some magic they expect that to be enough in the next game against Brentford.

Maddison and Evans both thinking it, both senior and key figures in that dressing room, just shows we are doomed IMO, clueless.

Isn't it remarkable that we keep putting in great performances and keep losing? We must be the most unlucky team the league has ever seen!

Every manager has a shelf life/specific purpose. That is the nature of the game.

Ranieri steered our title win but would never have got us up from the Championship like Pearson or evidently kept us in the league.

Shakey minded the shop for a few months but was never a long-term manager.

Puel had an eye for talent but could never trancend that to a cup win or even Europe

Brendan did deliver on that front but could not get us into the Champions League.

Being out of the picture last season was the watershed to make a change to go again. We've abandoned the ladder of progression and it's gone stale to the bottom.

We should not have been back at the relegation conversation and it's a huge wakeup call for the Board (or at least it should be!)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Every manager has a shelf life/specific purpose. That is the nature of the game.

Ranieri steered our title win but would never have got us up from the Championship like Pearson or evidently kept us in the league.

Puel had an eye for talent but could never trancend that to a cup win or even Europe

Brendan did deliver on that front but could not get us into the Champions League.

Being out of the picture last season was the watershed to make a change to go again. We've abandoned the ladder of progression and it's gone stale to the bottom.

We should not have been back at the relegation conversation and it's a huge wakeup call for the Board (or at least it should be!)

I think you’re right that managers have cycles and Brendan seems to have outlasted his. But I don’t think we can say we should be nowhere near the relegation conversation. Besides the top 6 I think everybody has to consider it to some degree, then when you look at how much other teams have strengthened over the last few years when our squad has got weaker, repetitive injuries to a few key players has weakened us further and now were in a position where we’re probably a mid table side at best. The clubs that are around us and in the bottom 3 all have players that would comfortably get into our 11. Then it’s not that hard to imagine how we could fall. All that said, we are massively underperforming atm and the form is unacceptable. 

12 hours ago, KFS said:

It’s clear we can’t afford to sack the ****.

I’m not sure these fans, players or manager have it in them to scrape us out of it. 

We were about to pay £20mil for Jack Harrison and it fell through - we have the money, we just for some reason think he's going to turn it around.

Top will get the Championship football he deserves.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Puel stabled us, got rid of some deadwood and bought some good players but could never push us further than mid table. We needed a manager to use the players to push us into Europe and Rodgers was perfect for that.

It's clear Rodgers isn't the manager for a relegation battle though. Ideally we need a manager like Puel now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gravel said:

Wow LCFC-1992. Full marks to you for blatant plagiarism of my post from yesterday and nicking my kudos!

😁

Apologies lol I saw it on Facebook this morning and wasn’t sure if it had been posted already and I wasn’t going to look through to check. Fair play if you came up with it :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not opinion - why would be be talking to players about signing for us when he knew we had no money? It's on the record he was negotiating deals, and he said as much in press conferences. 

He rated Lookman - there's a piece on Lookman about how Rodgers helped him with his game and how they worked together. 

He would have been talking to players because he simply assumed the board would act on his wishes.  What was actually going on was the board were working out how to wrestle control away from him especially in the transfer market. I have no sympathy for him here as blurting out refreshes after the Forest game was nothing more than an a*se covering exercise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

I think you’re right that managers have cycles and Brendan seems to have outlasted his. But I don’t think we can say we should be nowhere near the relegation conversation. Besides the top 6 I think everybody has to consider it to some degree, then when you look at how much other teams have strengthened over the last few years when our squad has got weaker, repetitive injuries to a few key players has weakened us further and now were in a position where we’re probably a mid table side at best. The clubs that are around us and in the bottom 3 all have players that would comfortably get into our 11. Then it’s not that hard to imagine how we could fall. All that said, we are massively underperforming atm and the form is unacceptable. 

Agree but that's the point I'm making. Until now we've made managerial changes to keep progressing us forward. With Brendan, we've broken all that in blind faith to allow us to fall behind the rest of the pack. Our squad has got weaker but why have we allowed it to happen to this extent?

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

I obviously don't want us to get relegated, and sincerely believe, like pretty much everyone else on here, that the best, perhaps only, way to avoid that nightmare scenario is to get rid of Rodgers pronto.

Paradoxically, however, if, heaven forbid, we do go down, there is a part of me that wants Rodgers to still be there steering the sinking ship when it happens. He would have nowhere to hide after that, and the destruction of his insufferable ego, of the 'elite manager' myth, would at least provide a small crumb of comfort.

I agree with you here but l wouldn’t hold your breath on the destruction of his insufferable ego hope.

This man is a proper genius in self promotion, lies and deflection, reminiscent of another master of propoganda from 1930's Germany - as a certain bbc presenter might say.

He will effortlessly escape any responsibility whatsoever for his destruction of our club and walk from the ashes without so much as speck of dust to sullie his utterly unjustified reputation as a top coach.

I really believe this slimy creep has a top PR firm "handling" his media persona.

9 minutes ago, J. James said:

I agree with you here but l wouldn’t hold your breath on the destruction of his insufferable ego hope.

This man is a proper genius in self promotion, lies and deflection, reminiscent of another master of propoganda from 1930's Germany - as a certain bbc presenter might say.

He will effortlessly escape any responsibility whatsoever for his destruction of our club and walk from the ashes without so much as speck of dust to sullie his utterly unjustified reputation as a top coach.

I really believe this slimy creep has a top PR firm "handling" his media persona.

Rodgers is damaged goods now.

Other than maybe Spurs no other high profile is gonna go near him at this stage.

Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal all had chances to take him on before we did and he wasnt chosen by any. And they were at times none of were being run well.

So what chance has he now when they have all picked up.

Arteta has leapfrogged him and all it takes is another 3-4 up and coming types and he is heading for the knackers yard.

Edited by Blue ROI

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

He'd hide behind several excuses which involve the club, finances, facilities, weather, pitch condition and so on. 

Basically, he wouldn't ever acknowledge his own shortcomings. No pun intended. 

He could try... but no one would be listening. Even his media cohorts would be forced to face the reality of his delusion and turn on him. He would be like Ceausescu on the balcony before his fall. Taking this 'too good to go down' Leicester team down would destroy him.

11 minutes ago, J. James said:

I think you exaggerate his capabilities. The only reason he has been able to get away with everything you describe is the protection of that outrageously generous contract that the club gave him when Arsenal came sniffing, effectively making him unsackable. If we go down and he is here at the finish, the finger will point squarely at him. For every deluded narcissist, even one with such thick and slimy skin as Rodgers, there is an end game. His will be relegation with Leicester City.

• Like 1