Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

I still can't believe some on here still describe Brendan as a 'Really good coach '

Do people watch Leicester and think they're well set up,look fit, look organised, look comfortable on the ball or look threatening?

I'd say , the last 18 months,  we've looked shambolic in defence and have done OK in games due to some talented midfielders and a striker the bags at least 15 a season.

Now Vards is on the decline , those goals have dried up and his potential replacement(s) haven't been man managed very well.

Remember Daka scoring 4 in Europe,  then put on the bench for the following league game

When he first came in there were clear signs of an improved style of play- we pressed higher, our counter attacking was fast and I'm sure his substitutions were better and more reactive to what was happening.

I think what the last two years has shown is that he is very limited, sticks to his "ideals" irrespective of whether it suits his team and his talking down of everyone and everything adds to his difficulty in justifying the poor performances.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Oh. In that case it must be true then.

Sorry bud. But you lost me at 'he said it in a press conference'...

The club are hardly going to come out and say 'we are skint' just in case we want to sell a player, and the buying team can then hold us to ramsom.

But there is no way you can be 100% sure he was told by the club he's getting a refresh only for them to pull the plug on it that's purely guesswork..

OK here's my guess.  He knew full well it was never going to happen but said it anyway to sow the seed of "well I didn't get the refresh and backing I need to take us forward"  hence his escape excuse is born when it all goes south and the club sacks him..

I want him out, just presenting the case he’d make. 

And the club did say we were skint in the summer unless we sold players. 

39 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Not heard anything since. 

Here till end of season, more of a gamble to sack him than keep him in the clubs eyes.

I think it comes down to money, if we sack him he walks into another job, if we get relegated then we still get a pay out on him....bonkers thinking I know but the club seem adamant to press the self destruct button.

See how we get on a Brentford, another loss and he's got to face the chop imo.

It feels like people are gaslighting me when they say stuff like this. No one can possibly mean that anymore. 

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

10 million a year.

Absolutely; plus, am sure, a decent car paid for by the club, as well as free medical aid etc..

Admittedly, this feels like a joke from the club now.

Allowing it to get to this stage without, probably, without even any warning given to him.

With that sort of money, you'd expect the club to be in a very decent in the league (yes, he helped to win the FA Cup, but it's about long-term improvement / performance stability).

Edited by Wymsey

46 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Here till end of season, more of a gamble to sack him than keep him in the clubs eyes.

I think it comes down to money, if we sack him he walks into another job, if we get relegated then we still get a pay out on him....bonkers thinking I know but the club seem adamant to press the self destruct button.

I'm sorry but if this is true and we end up going down, there is no way the ownership and board can remain in charge and maintain a good relationship with the fans.

I genuinely cannot believe he's still here, there's not much more anyone can say on the matter.. feels like the only people still with him are the club and press. Fans want him gone!

What was the email address for the club? Tempted to send a shittagram.

Edited by Rusko187
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Similar to what I was told on Sunday then. 

2 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Well if he wants back in the starting line up after being on his sick bed for ages he's hardly going to say something along the lines of..

We all think the manager is a total tw@t and can't be bothered with his stupid tactics that clearly don't work hence the sh1t we served up against Chelsea, and if he stays and instructs us to do the same each match then we are going to be relegated come May...

...pretty sure that it was Evans who gave an interview saying how relieved he was when he came back after the World Cup and found that Rodgers was still at the club!!!

There are some players who would want him out and the ones which are endorsing him are going to be the ones making their voices heard. It would be brave or extremely foolish for a player to come out and undermine Rodgers, it will not end well.

38 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Those madmen are really going to get the club relegated to save a few million pounds. Crazy. Have they actually seen how much less revenue there is in the Championship? It's the equivalent of putting off a roof repair in rainy season because it costs £200, then watching as the water gets in and the whole place falls down, then being shocked when someone tells you it'll cost several hundred grand to rebuild it.

Perhaps they are they so arrogant to think that getting promoted back into the PL will be a formality and going down will allow them to clear out a number of players and staff - they will potentially not lose that much dosh over the two year period

it wouldn’t make any sense to me 

I asked ChatGPT for a post-match interview in the style of Brendan.... nailed it all except for the bit where AI Brendan shoulders some responsibility.

First and foremost, I want to give credit where credit is due. The opposition played really well today and they deserved to come away with the win. We were just not at our best today, and that's on me as the manager.

We came into this game with a clear game plan, but unfortunately, we were not able to execute it the way we wanted to. We struggled to create chances and lacked the sharpness and intensity that we normally have. We need to regroup, analyze our performance and see where we can improve going forward.

Having said that, I have full faith in my players and their ability to bounce back from this setback. We have a strong squad and we will work hard to get back on track in the next game. This is a long season, and we know that there will be ups and downs along the way, but it's important that we stay focused and keep pushing forward.

We have some tough games coming up, but we are up for the challenge. We'll go back to the training ground, work on our weaknesses and come back stronger. As I always say, it's all about the process, and we will continue to trust in our process and our philosophy.

Edited by 21st Century Fox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I asked ChatGPT for a post-match interview in the style of Brendan.... nailed it all except for the bit where AI Brendan shoulders some responsibility.

Yeah apart from that and the bit where he says he's got faith in his players that's pretty accurate

1 hour ago, Corky said:

When he first came in there were clear signs of an improved style of play- we pressed higher, our counter attacking was fast and I'm sure his substitutions were better and more reactive to what was happening.

I think what the last two years has shown is that he is very limited, sticks to his "ideals" irrespective of whether it suits his team and his talking down of everyone and everything adds to his difficulty in justifying the poor performances.

He’s a short term coach really that is past his sell by date. He’s just overrun his time here. I could see him going to Spurs and then having a major upturn in form for 18 months to 2 years, before the wheels start to fall Off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still believe Rodgers to be a decent coach but things have gone beyond stale here. When he first arrived we were so good. The way we outplayed teams and strangled them was incredible. We pressed high, defended well, kept 65/70% possession and passed teams to death. We were devastatingly brilliant. I hope he's sacked today but I'll always treasure the good times in the first 2 years.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Sly said:

He’s a short term coach really that is past his sell by date. He’s just overrun his time here. I could see him going to Spurs and then having a major upturn in form for 18 months to 2 years, before the wheels start to fall Off. 

Yeah that's it I think you've nailed it. He has some value, he can take the work of others and bring it to another level, when he can execute his gameplan well its fantastic. However football works in cycles and he lacks the long term planning and people skills to be able to phase players out and to replenish squads when needed. He is also quite cocksure and so confident in his methods that he seems blinded to his own flaws and that of the way he wishes to play which creates a rigidity and stubbornness. I think its because he is a perfectionist, or ego maniac, however you look at it, and so can't accept periods of transition to rebuild to new heights, he wants all the glory there and now. Not so dissimilar to the likes of Mourinho. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, I am an Ostrich said:

OI RODGERS NOOOO stop clapping like a girl!

Best Paul Whitehouse GIFs | Gfycat

I admire the little dwarf and his ability to fill numerous notepads in 90 minutes while watching a game...BUT!!.... If he should continue to hang on to his job despite being an absolute twat game in game out... I'd say...

RODGERS!!!....NO!!!.

.. and I'd give him a good slap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Sly said:

I reckon what Leicester has shown is that if someone else has done the heavy lifting he'll thrive for a season or so but then when he has to figure out a squad for himself then he gets found out. 

Be interesting (and pleasing) if Spurs did take him. How good would his 'elite' coaching be if a bigshot like Kane wasn't there and he had to find his replacement?

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

I want him out, just presenting the case he’d make. 

And the club did say we were skint in the summer unless we sold players. 

You and me both my friend...

I wasn't having a pop at you and if it came across that way in my frustration, then apologies. 

It just I don't believe a word that falls out of his mouth, so much so that I've stopped listening to his post and pre-match Bull Sh1t fest's well over a year ago..

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 1