Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

I want him out, just presenting the case he’d make. 

And the club did say we were skint in the summer unless we sold players. 

………Which makes the fact that the club put Vardy on a 2 year, £7m a year contract. Absolutely ludicrous. No wonder we’re in such a mess. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

………Which makes the fact that the club put Vardy on a 2 year, £7m a year contract. Absolutely ludicrous. No wonder we’re in such a mess. 

Does anyone know what salary vards is on next year ? This year he would be in the final year of his ‘140k deal’. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Does anyone know what salary vards is on next year ? This year he would be in the final year of his ‘140k deal’. 

I read that he was given a new deal last August. 2 years. £7m per year. Sounds too good to be true if I’m totally honest. 

• Like 1

Tanner made an interesting comment on Radio Leicester tonight…

He mentioned how all of the academy teams play the same style as Rodgers wants and that he is embedded in the club. 

When we did a training ground tour post-Moscow it was also clear that he was heavily involved in how the training ground had been planned and that the club was determined to give him what he asked for.

I wonder if they think there’s no one else out there like him that they can find that wouldn’t require ripping up all of the plans they’ve put in place over the last few years. It potentially feels like a bigger change (and therefore a bigger decision) than just sacking the first team manager.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He mentioned how all of the academy teams play the same style as Rodgers wants and that he is embedded in the club. 

When we did a training ground tour post-Moscow it was also clear that he was heavily involved in how the training ground had been planned and that the club was determined to give him what he asked for.

I wonder if they think there’s no one else out there like him that they can find that wouldn’t require ripping up all of the plans they’ve put in place over the last few years. It potentially feels like a bigger change (and therefore a bigger decision) than just sacking the first team manager.

...when he came in it was said that he was going to have the team structured in a certain way all the way through the different ages!!!

Just looking at the U21s,  they look disjointed and you wonder what the are trying to achieve.  Players being played in wrong positions with perhaps only Popov as a striker.  We just do not have anyone that looks like the understand the position. 

• Like 2

It's simple really. They have all bent over backwards to give Rodgers exactly what he wants and how he sees how the club should be run, its his way or nothing.

Now he has ruined the club, all teams playing cr*p football.

He will leave before we go down blaming everyone but himself.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lozzyblue fox said:

It's simple really. They have all bent over backwards to give Rodgers exactly what he wants and how he sees how the club should be run, its his way or nothing.

Now he has ruined the club, all teams playing cr*p football.

He will leave before we go down blaming everyone but himself.

...very true...!!!

They will have to come to terms that what they saw as someone who could set up this club to be a first class operation to match the big boys, and they have to come to terms that what was promised cannot be delivered because he did not know how to do it in the first place.

Do they want the new manager to reorganise the whole club or get a manager to run the first team, which means some to put in place a structure for our future developement.

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Not heard anything since. 

Here till end of season, more of a gamble to sack him than keep him in the clubs eyes.

I think it comes down to money, if we sack him he walks into another job, if we get relegated then we still get a pay out on him....bonkers thinking I know but the club seem adamant to press the self destruct button.

See how we get on a Brentford, another loss and he's got to face the chop imo.

They haven't got a clue what they're doing. I'm already worried we're going to blow bouncing back up under these inept plonkers.

I don't think Spurs would have this great upturn. Maybe but I'm not sure that things are well enough set up there like they were here, especially with Kane likely to want out as well. Would be glorious to watch him crash and burn at Spurs but not convinced we're going to get that lucky.

8 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

I reckon what Leicester has shown is that if someone else has done the heavy lifting he'll thrive for a season or so but then when he has to figure out a squad for himself then he gets found out. 

Be interesting (and pleasing) if Spurs did take him. How good would his 'elite' coaching be if a bigshot like Kane wasn't there and he had to find his replacement?

They have Richardlason, who in theory plays that role for Brazil.

Although I like Tanner and Piper on RL, I think they both have it wrong last night. 

Piper scared of pulling the plug because nobody better and Tanner because Brendan ball is integrated in the club. 

Sorry guys it is easily changeable over a few weeks and to be honest right now a traffic cone wearing a Gucci belt would have the same effect as Rodgers on the sideline.

He is done here. Simple. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

It was a PR stunt after we let Kasper walk…whelp

8 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Oh so he's ****ed us for a few generations then

8 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It was something Brendan made a big point about after the Watford FA cup win last season. Saying the academy teams play the same system so they when players come in they can slot into the system seamlessly. 

Would make some sort of sense if that’s what actually happens (beyond that fa cup game). Reality has meant all sides form simultaneously fallen off a cliff and players from all squads suffering similar injuries. 

I really think the club have bought into his statement ‘there is no plan b because plan a always works’. I think they can’t get their head around the fact that plan a doesn’t work. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Phenom said:

It was a PR stunt after we let Kasper walk…whelp

Kasper was asking for more than we were prepared to pay….and over the previous season he got criticised every game (poor kicking, not dominating his box etc etc) we were running out of love for him, we offered him one year, he wanted two…..Kasper went because he wanted to….no other reason

• Like 1

Brendan leaving should’ve happened months ago. It’s now just torture. 

What I’m worried about now is any replacement and the process will be led by Top. That is an another disaster. It’s got to a stage now that we not only need Rodgers to leave - that doesn’t fix our problems. The idiots above him also need to leave for us to have any chance.