Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Tanner made an interesting comment on Radio Leicester tonight…

He mentioned how all of the academy teams play the same style as Rodgers wants and that he is embedded in the club. 

When we did a training ground tour post-Moscow it was also clear that he was heavily involved in how the training ground had been planned and that the club was determined to give him what he asked for.

I wonder if they think there’s no one else out there like him that they can find that wouldn’t require ripping up all of the plans they’ve put in place over the last few years. It potentially feels like a bigger change (and therefore a bigger decision) than just sacking the first team manager.

Its a very dangerous tactic for any club unless you've got someone at the absolute highest level like Sir Alex or Pep since it would cost a lot of time and money to undo it all.

Or you are Barca and want the manager to fit round the style of the club rather than the other way around.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He mentioned how all of the academy teams play the same style as Rodgers wants and that he is embedded in the club. 

When we did a training ground tour post-Moscow it was also clear that he was heavily involved in how the training ground had been planned and that the club was determined to give him what he asked for.

I wonder if they think there’s no one else out there like him that they can find that wouldn’t require ripping up all of the plans they’ve put in place over the last few years. It potentially feels like a bigger change (and therefore a bigger decision) than just sacking the first team manager.

What a ridiculous way to do things in this day and age, when pretty much all managers work under a structure - as opposed to the manager setting the structure, the infrastructure and all the other things.

Aren’t our academy and U23 sides getting beaten week in week out? When will this vanity project end? And yet we’re led to believe by Rodgers that none of this regression is down to him? Hilarious, delusional… psychopathic? 

If he’s clearly not just another employee; I’m starting to think he’s positioned himself in some way as filling the void left by Vichai. Has he cosied up to Top to the point where he’s pretty much untouchable? Or perhaps I’m going a bit bonkers.

I was chatting to some guys I play football with about him, and how it all falls apart after 2 years or so. And he said he’s spoken to Liverpool and Celtic supporters, who say the same. Just perhaps he has a life cycle like the vast majority of managers who manage at a high level.

Its so evident that this blind faith will only end in one outcome…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

No.

To those who say it is too late, why is it too late (to atleast try)? Only a few weeks ago it was “be careful what you wish for”, so which is it? Make your mind up.

Do we go down with a whimper under Rodgers or die trying?

Absolutely this. Get a manager in who would stick with us in the championship if the worst happened. The burying our heads and doing nothing approach has gone on for far too long 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Suffolk exile said:

I honestly think that it is too late to sack him. Whoever came in, would be expected to win virtually half of the remaining games in order for us to stay up. Surely that isn't realistic??

Which makes me more certain than ever before, that we will be relegated. All of a sudden we have accumulated quite a few factors which have weakened us and made me less confident we can survive,

1.Injuries to key players, Youri, Wilf, JJ, et al

2. Vardy dropping off a cliff

3. Faes being suspended - even though he hasn't been same player since the WC

4. Goals scored drying up

5. Not to mention other teams in the bottom 3 picking up unlikely points. A few weeks ago it started to look like Southampton and Bournemouth being cut adrift and then one 5-6 teams vying of the third relegation spot.......now not so much  

I don't see BR being able to change things to make harder to beat or more able to win or even inspire the team. As has been noted on here before, it is almost as though he has been deliberately trying to get the sack all season. I am starting to believe that this is the case, what with persisting with Ward, frankly bizarre subs and incompetent team selections and tactics and his refusal to Cags and playing Big Dan all amount to where we are. He is to blame. Plain and simple. And to think that would see us go down and continue in this vein is something I don't think I will ever forgive him for. I didn't think I could possibly feel so angry about a Leicester manager as I did Peter Taylor, but at the moment BR exceeds how I felt about him!

Faes is only suspended for 1 game tbf. Having a game watching Evans play with more composure might do him a favour. Assuming of course that Rodgers plays Evans. I wouldn’t be surprised if he went with Amartey as that’s a Rodgers thing to do. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

No.

To those who say it is too late, why is it too late (to atleast try)? Only a few weeks ago it was “be careful what you wish for”, so which is it? Make your mind up.

Its part of the fear driven process that he has instilled. For so long the rhetoric has been that we are lucky to have him and that we won't get anyone else of his caliber.  Then the problems have been investments rather than Brendan's brilliance. Then is was be careful what you wish for. Now its too late and you may as well persist. Was the sacking window a mere few hours in these peoples eyes?

Yesterday would have been the perfect time to sack him. His stock is low and i doubt it would have featured much in the media beyond a few media faithfuls who love him. The teams head clearly dropped and i think the players who have most bought into him (Madders, Youri, Evans and Ward) are either crocked, sh!te or off at the end of the season regardless. 

We could have got rid yesterday and put Knudsen for Brentford. Now, Brendan is going to be stinking the place out all week with his usual 'its in our hands, play like we did and it will be just fine' nonsense. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What a ridiculous way to do things in this day and age, when pretty much all managers work under a structure - as opposed to the manager setting the structure, the infrastructure and all the other things.

Aren’t our academy and U23 sides getting beaten week in week out? When will this vanity project end? And yet we’re led to believe by Rodgers that none of this regression is down to him? Hilarious, delusional… psychopathic? 

If he’s clearly not just another employee; I’m starting to think he’s positioned himself in some way as filling the void left by Vichai. Has he cosied up to Top to the point where he’s pretty much untouchable? Or perhaps I’m going a bit bonkers.

I was chatting to some guys I play football with about him, and how it all falls apart after 2 years or so. And he said he’s spoken to Liverpool and Celtic supporters, who say the same. Just perhaps he has a life cycle like the vast majority of managers who manage at a high level.

Its so evident that this blind faith will only end in one outcome…

And to think that Fans where dissing the prospect of having Dyche !  Everton and even Bournemouth can wring out narrow wins something we seem unable to do. I too believe it's too late now and unfortunately we look like having to completely rebuild in the Championship next seson.

43 minutes ago, jet64 said:

:blink:

“It’s not straightforward but we’ll analyse the (Chelsea) game and then we’ll help the players to gain their confidence back. That’s my job as a leader to ensure that happens.

“We’ll get in and we’ll be working again and working hard. I always think if you work hard then your confidence will return and that gives you a greater chance to succeed.”

What the flying **** is this? I actively hate him at this point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Suffolk exile said:

I honestly think that it is too late to sack him. Whoever came in, would be expected to win virtually half of the remaining games in order for us to stay up. Surely that isn't realistic??

Which makes me more certain than ever before, that we will be relegated. All of a sudden we have accumulated quite a few factors which have weakened us and made me less confident we can survive,

1.Injuries to key players, Youri, Wilf, JJ, et al

2. Vardy dropping off a cliff

3. Faes being suspended - even though he hasn't been same player since the WC

4. Goals scored drying up

5. Not to mention other teams in the bottom 3 picking up unlikely points. A few weeks ago it started to look like Southampton and Bournemouth being cut adrift and then one 5-6 teams vying of the third relegation spot.......now not so much  

I don't see BR being able to change things to make harder to beat or more able to win or even inspire the team. As has been noted on here before, it is almost as though he has been deliberately trying to get the sack all season. I am starting to believe that this is the case, what with persisting with Ward, frankly bizarre subs and incompetent team selections and tactics and his refusal to Cags and playing Big Dan all amount to where we are. He is to blame. Plain and simple. And to think that would see us go down and continue in this vein is something I don't think I will ever forgive him for. I didn't think I could possibly feel so angry about a Leicester manager as I did Peter Taylor, but at the moment BR exceeds how I felt about him!

Some of his decisions are like the dodgy managers placing a bet on their team losing on Dream Team.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No.

that's an absolutely baffling suggestion. we're fast running out of time to sack him, but this week would have been the perfect time. Let Knudsen and Stowell take Brentford on Saturday while interviewing for a new gaffer who can watch Saturday and take 2 weeks to drill in ideas before his first game with quarter of a season left. 

does feel like we're gonna wait until it's too late then keep waiting though, and if the suggestion that Rodgers is responsible for the overall club structure going down into the youth teams then Rudkin needs to go with him, because that should never be set by the manager, the structure should be set by the head of footballing operations and managers recruited into that structure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No.

We was in a worse position in 14/15. Most on here said we were down but a few of us believed. Difference is we competed in every game with a will to win, with a manager willing to change tactics.

Sadly even though we are in a better position atm I see us going down. This manager won't change his tactics.

So any manager coming in with different ideas stands a chance. It will also lift the squad and give written off (by rodgers) players a chance and hope to be involved.

He may not have lost the dressing room but he must have pissed off a few players.

FFS TOP SHOW HIM THE DOOR.

Before he shows us championship football.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He don't want to be here judging by his comments we are a small team punch in above our weight.. we should be in the championship.

Of course there are other managers out there 

Where there are points to be won and the maths still means we can stay up. We absolutely have to sack him…

This excuse of it’s too late is sooooo this current Leicester. I don’t think people are grasping the severity of the situation, we go down and we are up a creek with a spork and a canoe made of tissue paper. 

Couple if managers mentioned last night by @Ric Flair and Alex on the BSLP are all good shouts.

If the board are bothered about the future of this club, then they will sack him after the Brentford game, regardless of the result and seek to get someone else in to change the dynamic. 

The naivety Top has displayed is both shocking and frighting….. Pep is possibly one of the only managers you’d allow such leeway. Not a man who hangs portraits of himself in his hallway. 

1 hour ago, jet64 said:

:blink:

“It’s not straightforward but we’ll analyse the (Chelsea) game and then we’ll help the players to gain their confidence back. That’s my job as a leader to ensure that happens.

“We’ll get in and we’ll be working again and working hard. I always think if you work hard then your confidence will return and that gives you a greater chance to succeed.”

Rodgers is the type of person that thinks saying "ahh, just try not to worry about it" actually helps people feel better.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Where there are points to be won and the maths still means we can stay up. We absolutely have to sack him…

This excuse of it’s too late is sooooo this current Leicester. I don’t think people are grasping the severity of the situation, we go down and we are up a creek with a spork and a canoe made of tissue paper. 

Couple if managers mentioned last night by @Ric Flair and Alex on the BSLP are all good shouts.

If the board are bothered about the future of this club, then they will sack him after the Brentford game, regardless of the result and seek to get someone else in to change the dynamic. 

The naivety Top has displayed is both shocking and frighting….. Pep is possibly one of the only managers you’d allow such leeway. Not a man who hangs portraits of himself in his hallway. 

What Manager would wish to take us on now ? Half the squad leaving in the Summer the majority of which lack any motivation, saddled with debt. A disgruntled fan base who will soon turn if the almost inevitable happens and we are still relegated. Not an appealing prospect is it ?