Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Clearly he is going nowhere. At this point, Top can **** off out of the club aswell. Whatever game he is playing is clearly for his own benefit. Bloke is a disgrace.

My goodness we soon forget all the owners have done for the club and City in general. With comments like that I am not bothered if we are relegated, ungrateful b......s.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jerry said:

What Manager would wish to take us on now ? Half the squad leaving in the Summer the majority of which lack any motivation, saddled with debt. A disgruntled fan base who will soon turn if the almost inevitable happens and we are still relegated. Not an appealing prospect is it ?

Don't worry, if we advertised the job , there would be a queue round the King Power. Managers are under every stone. In fact by doing that we could get a nice cheap deal. I sometimes think Watford are doing it right. Three managers a season , all on short term contracts.

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

“Its too late” “who are we gonna get” 

A rancid Southampton team have managed to chisel out 7 points under a randomly generated caretaker manager. It’s no argument whatsoever - get him out. 

But is he elite!!

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

“Its too late” “who are we gonna get” 

A rancid Southampton team have managed to chisel out 7 points under a randomly generated caretaker manager. It’s no argument whatsoever - get him out. 

Agreed.

14/15 bottom and 6pts adrift of safety with 9 games to go. But with a team that loved a fight and a manager willing to change tactics and formations.

This muppet is in a better position, but blindly walking towards the drop.

New manager bounce no borefest tactics, and willing to use the squad with all given a chance.

It's not to let atm but we do need to act soon.

5 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

That is a very dangerous strategy, my honest view is getting rid of Brendan now and even with a caretaker team from within the club would be enough to lift the squad and get us the results needed to survive, whilst looking at candidates to then take over in the summer. 

in truth whilst Spurs may be sniffing around Brendan I am not sure they will risk replacing Conte with Rodgers, as I think it’s a massive downgrade especially taking into account how we have performed over the last 15 months or so. 

He is now on his 3rd sackable run of form in this season alone, not taking into account last season. I really do not understand what the board are thinking in continuing with Rodgers, you could see last season that he was losing his way and his time of being a positive influence on the club was waning, this season has been a disaster, 16 losses in the league and our exits from both domestic cup competitions were awful and an insult to the fans. 

On top of all this, he has proceeded to throw the players, club, owners and supporters under the bus on regular occasions to divert focus and attention away from the absolute shitshow he is presiding over. 

There are no redeeming features, no credit in the bank and certainly no evidence that he deserves or warrants another day or game in charge of our club. I cannot begin to explain the anger, frustration and hurt in watching the incompetence of Rodgers being accepted by the board and owners. 

No one person is bigger than the club, so I implore the board to act today and get rid of this manager before he takes us down into the championship and quite possibly another lengthy spell of mediocrity. 

Great post 

• Like 1

This season has been awful. We have had a tough run of games. If we had beaten Blackburn and Southampton it would not look so bleak. How can he be elite, when he has not been able to alter the.outcomes of those games. Blackburn he conceded the tie with his selections. All we get is we played well but did not take.our chances. Football is simple. Concede less than you score. We are doing the polar opposite.

42 minutes ago, jerry said:

My goodness we soon forget all the owners have done for the club and City in general. With comments like that I am not bothered if we are relegated, ungrateful b......s.

Maybe a disgrace in general is harsh. Youre right, you can't fault their past generosity. The way he is handling (or not handling) this current situation is a disgrace which will most probably see us relegated

Edited by Larry_LCFC

1 hour ago, jerry said:

So because of what his Dad did for us we should just let him take us down and let the club carry on running like a shitshow? If we used that same logic with Ranieri we would have been in the Championship a long time ago

• Like 1

If you are reading this Brendan, here is what you need to do to stay up.

1. Write this on your pad "Plan to stay up"

2. Show some passion in the technical area. It may not be your style but just act for a bit. Pretend to lose your temper. For instance on Saturday when Fofana handled the ball and we should have had a penalty. Get in the face of the 4th official, shouting, waving and pointing.

See Klopp and Arteta for how to do this to the best effect.

We might actually start to get some decisions in our favour and this attitude might have a knock-on effect and rub off on the players. Showing passion and fight influences those around you.

3. Play Iverson in goal. He did well at Preston and deserves a chance. He’s young and will get better with experience. Some Preston fans can’t believe we aren’t playing him and those are the ones who haven’t seen Ward play.

4. Play attacking football. Anyone who has seen anything of Leicester in the last 5 years knows we are far better going forward than we are defending. The simple fact is we can’t defend. Most fans would prefer we lost 5.4 and gave it ago than losing 1.0 and not managing a shot.

Anyway, we don't usually lose 5.4. We’re more likely to win if we score a few. We’re also less likely to concede when we attack.

5. I’m not saying just boot the ball forward but there has to be something in between that and us just slowly passing the ball around the back until we lose it. Some players aren’t even looking to see if there is a forward pass on and just automatically pass it backwards.

6. When the system isn’t working, like in the Blackburn game change it.

7. When the system is working, like in the Chelsea game, don’t change it.

8. Don't ever play Soumare again.

Just these simple tips will get us more points than if we carry on as we are.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Matt said:

No.

To those who say it is too late, why is it too late (to atleast try)? Only a few weeks ago it was “be careful what you wish for”, so which is it? Make your mind up.

Do we go down with a whimper under Rodgers or die trying?

Tanner is wrong. Nobody is torn. There's a unanimous agreement that BR should leave now. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

does feel like we're gonna wait until it's too late then keep waiting though, and if the suggestion that Rodgers is responsible for the overall club structure going down into the youth teams then Rudkin needs to go with him, because that should never be set by the manager, the structure should be set by the head of footballing operations and managers recruited into that structure 

...you have to realise, when Top recruited Rodgers he believed he had struck gold!!!

He had everyone around him telling him, we had found the next best thing. It would not be any wonder that Top entrusted the family silver to him, and with the whiff of Arsenal approaching, Top handed over the keys to the Palace.

King Power took a major gamble to invest so highly in keeping Rodgers here, that is why, it is so hard to hear the calls for Khun Top to stand down or better still stand up to Rodgers.

It looks like he (Khun Top) is rolling the dice again, he is hoping for some luck, aren't we all?

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

Tanner is wrong. Nobody is torn. There's a unanimous agreement that BR should leave now. 

Wishful thinking.

Speaking to a colleague earlier today and his response is the typical 'Who do you get' and when you present a list of names they are all 'rubbish'.

I'd say this is at least 80% of the match day going fans thinking as well. 

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

Doesn’t seem that way in the ground with people literally willing to fight someone who dares to suggest he should lose his job. 

• Like 1

Seems to be growing pressure for Conte to leave Spurs.

I can only hope Spurs go for him. Perhaps the likelihood he goes is low. But even so, it's something to cling on to! 

Just also hope that the club don't reject any approach... 

1 hour ago, jerry said:

So because of previous money spent and successes, largely built under the leadership of Vichai I might add, people are just supposed to doff their hats and sit idley by and watch a car crash of mismanagement?

Going down this season and selling our better players and possibly rebuild under the leadership of Rodgers, has the distinct possibility of causing our club great harm for many years to come. 

It's not about being ungrateful, it's about being realistic. I'm convinced under Vichai, Rodgers would have been long gone by now. So how are Top's leadership skills? Notwithstanding a world wide pandemic, I wonder how the family business is doing also without Vichai's guiding hand? Just because you inherit a football club and multimillion pounds business doesn't mean you're going to be as good as the last bloke. It's easy to see outward wealth and assume competence. 

Just now, Dames said:

Wishful thinking.

Speaking to a colleague earlier today and his response is the typical 'Who do you get' and when you present a list of names they are all 'rubbish'.

I'd say this is at least 80% of the match day going fans thinking as well. 

Probably the thinking out our club as well. After all we are the ones who went back for an old manager as we couldn’t think of a new one (Pearson). And basically just gave the job to a name who applied (Ranieri), and then seemingly got Puel without watching his teams play. 

None of them had an ounce of long term planning or originality about them. 

1 hour ago, jerry said:

No sentimentality in sport I'm afraid, I won't be abusive to the family as we're forever connected by a tragedy and they have brought us unimaginable glory.

They can however be questioned when they don't act in what appears to be the correct manner, and questions can be asked over whether they can continue. Very easy to resolve the situation and we can all move forwards as a united fanbase... sack the manager, once he's gone, this whole situation moves forward.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Maybe a disgrace in general is harsh. Youre right, you can't fault their past generosity. The way he is handling (or not handling) this current situation is a disgrace which will most probably see us relegated

He disagrees with you, that hardly a disgrace.