Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

As much as I desperately want him gone, I desperately want him to win !   Hopefully we can stay up and some kind of mutual agreement can be reached in the Summer. Rodgers will not want to hang around at a bottom half club.

Absolutely this. It's a really difficult one to know what you want to happen. Obviously I want us to win every week, but If he was by some miracle to completely turn the back end of our season around and win a bunch of games to propel us up the league, there's no way he gets sacked and we probably go through it all again next season.

Best case scenario would be if he does just about enough to both keep us up and somehow convince Tottenham that he's the man to replace Conte.

• Like 4

So hard being a city fan now. Painful watching the side face the prospect of relegation. Also, really struggling to put my all into the side when Brendan is in charge. I really cant stand him now. Short stocky tw*t. Just feel when the manager, players and fans are not working together, failure is inevitable. 

• Like 1

To be honest, I get the feeling that if we do survive in the Premier League this season, having said that he would see that as being his greatest achievement BR would then be expecting to stay on into next season - and that Top would be daft enough to let him stay.

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

He would jump at the chance to go, so I am for all for it. 

Dear #Happy Fox, i sympathise with your post, however due to the complete backing of the Board at LCFC, and Top's unwavering loyalty during these difficult times, I can confirm that I wouldn't jump at the chance of managing the Spuds. I will stay here as long as the owners want me.

Best wishes

Brendan 🦊 "Foxes Never Quit" 

Can just imagine that's what he would do.

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

I know being a journalist isn't easy but I wish one would really challenge Rodgers about this situation. Might even catch him out on his bullshit in the process.

This is what I’m thinking. Last week was perfect. Vestegaard coming out and basically telling us what we all think. So many Leicester based journalists in there. Stringer, Bourne and  Tanner. On Twitter, you have Geoff Peters and the guy who went crazy over the Fofana transfer. Even Lineker (granted he had other issues) and Arlo White.

Putting aside the rest who seem to be in his pocket.

Why can’t one of them ask this prat, “So Brendan, you said you sign off on transfers. Janick is clearly saying you chased him for over a year. Why has a player you signed off on and chased deemed surplus to requirement 1 month after signing. What did you see in that 1 month that you couldn’t see for over a year (ridiculous given Saints play in the PL) ? Is that incompetent ? “

We’ve tried to replace Fofana twice and spent north of £30 million on two players seriously below the standard we’ve had this club for the last 5 years and the manager is openly saying he signs off on the deals (bar the January window). 

• Like 4

Last September I emailed Susan Whelan and the board asking for Brendan's sacking.  A few days ago I sent similar emails, expressing the view that the situation was now critical.

I haven't even received an automatic acknowledgement from the club, never mind a reply.  I'm beginning to think our club now stinks all the way through.  Such bad manners and disrespect (I did make the point that I've been a supporter for over 65 years, but even that cut no ice)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Journos would be far better speaking to Top or Rudkin, talk to someone who can actually illicit change, talking to Rodgers is useless.

.. why would speaking to Rudkin make any difference!!!

Rudkin could threaten to jump off the empire state building if Rodgers is not sacked, and it would make no difference. 

Only one person holds the reins, and that is neither Rudkin or Whelan.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. why would speaking to Rudkin make any difference!!!

Rudkin could threaten to jump off the empire state building if Rodgers is not sacked, and it would make no difference. 

Only one person holds the reins, and that is neither Rudkin or Whelan.

Top holds the reins, but he is not in day to day charge of footballing matters I thought. :dunno:

21 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Last September I emailed Susan Whelan and the board asking for Brendan's sacking.  A few days ago I sent similar emails, expressing the view that the situation was now critical.

I haven't even received an automatic acknowledgement from the club, never mind a reply.  I'm beginning to think our club now stinks all the way through.  Such bad manners and disrespect (I did make the point that I've been a supporter for over 65 years, but even that cut no ice)

Did you think the club should reply to every email sent by a supporter? The club’s email system probably has auto filters set for certain words (and for good reason). 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is what I’m thinking. Last week was perfect. Vestegaard coming out and basically telling us what we all think. So many Leicester based journalists in there. Stringer, Bourne and  Tanner. On Twitter, you have Geoff Peters and the guy who went crazy over the Fofana transfer. Even Lineker (granted he had other issues) and Arlo White.

Putting aside the rest who seem to be in his pocket.

Why can’t one of them ask this prat, “So Brendan, you said you sign off on transfers. Janick is clearly saying you chased him for over a year. Why has a player you signed off on and chased deemed surplus to requirement 1 month after signing. What did you see in that 1 month that you couldn’t see for over a year (ridiculous given Saints play in the PL) ? Is that incompetent ? “

We’ve tried to replace Fofana twice and spent north of £30 million on two players seriously below the standard we’ve had this club for the last 5 years and the manager is openly saying he signs off on the deals (bar the January window). 

Honestly I prefer that Rodgers benched him after a month and accepted that he made a mistake to him being stubborn and sticking with his favourites even when they aren't working ie. Ward.

Obviously we shouldn't have bought him in the first place but him not doubling down on a mistake for once is one of the last things we should direct criticism towards.

4 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Did you think the club should reply to every email sent by a supporter? The club’s email system probably has auto filters set for certain words (and for good reason). 

Examples of suspect words...

Midget

Dwarf

Notepad 

Twat

Imbecile

Knobhead

• Like 1
  • Haha 3