Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

23 hours ago, Sly said:

It’s emerging that Rodgers isn’t even on Spurs shortlist, so the plan by the board, might be ridiculous anyhow.

He’s damaged his own brand and inevitably being found out to be the a short term coach. 

Basically anybody who can take him from us can see through him but our own board / media / anybody with any serious sway in this can't so we're stuck with him regardless.

I'm beyond frustration with it all now. It's just depressing.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lfu said:

His wages would probably be as much as the other 23 in the division combined anyway!

We're paying those wages whether he's managing or not.  If Top refuses to fire him it's his call whether he stays or not.

24 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

For those who have been supporting us pre the latest PL years we've got our club back, always able to take promising situations and shoot ourselves in the foot. Would the real Leicester please stand up. Just glad we got to experience a few years of glory before the inevitable descent back to mid table in the Championship. Any real Leicester fans knew our time in the top flight wouldn't last let's be honest.

I'll always treasure the time from when Pearson joined to the covid years. A true golden era. We have achievements nobody can take from us and that's what matters.

Yes BR is the bogeyman who has taken us there but underachieving and herioc failure is just in the DNA of this club I'm afraid and that's the contract you sign supporting Leicester. 

The Johnny come latelys can find a new club and we'll go back to being able to get tickets to watch 0-1 defeats to Rotherham and Blackpool, like the good old days.

Difficult to call the club with the biggest achievement in sporting history the underachievers. No matter what happens from here on in.

And I didn't hear no bell

26 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

For those who have been supporting us pre the latest PL years we've got our club back, always able to take promising situations and shoot ourselves in the foot. Would the real Leicester please stand up. Just glad we got to experience a few years of glory before the inevitable descent back to mid table in the Championship. Any real Leicester fans knew our time in the top flight wouldn't last let's be honest.

I'll always treasure the time from when Pearson joined to the covid years. A true golden era. We have achievements nobody can take from us and that's what matters.

Yes BR is the bogeyman who has taken us there but underachieving and herioc failure is just in the DNA of this club I'm afraid and that's the contract you sign supporting Leicester. 

The Johnny come latelys can find a new club and we'll go back to being able to get tickets to watch 0-1 defeats to Rotherham and Blackpool, like the good old days.

I've never wished I could dislike a post more than this one :D

You'll have to settle for Pascal :plancque:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

How and why is he still our manager? Does anyone actually think he is the future of our football club? Surely no supporters still have his back? 

Sadly, I think you might be surprised. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Sadly, I think might be surprised. 

I think even those on here who have been extremely patient and only just turned will be surprised.

I know I’ve joked about our happy clappy fanbase, even if my attitude is coming across as “arrogant” as described the other week but I was shocked at the looks I got and how many people started shouting at me for joining in with Rodgers Out chants on Saturday.

• Like 2

On 12/03/2023 at 21:27, Finnegan said:

It was made clear right from the day they turned up that Top was the football fan and that Vichai had wanted to buy a football club "for" him. He clears cares a lot about football and I'd say cares a lot about the club.

He's also a relatively young guy in his 30s, thrust in to the role of Chairman after the tragic death of his father, lacking (understandably) a lot of the experience his dad had.

Vichai being more ruthless and decisive isn't necessarily an indicator that Top isn't passionate about the project here. I'd say that's an unfair assertion. 

Unfair assertion or not, there's a common theme running through the relationships of successful fathers not having sons who inherit their fathers business acumen or drive - usually because they (the sons) haven't had to struggle to build a business.

Sentiment aside, a man of thirty should be well-equipped to be able to take up the reins - if he's been mentored well enough.

The question remains, in spite of your refutation, why is he so reluctant to fire Rodgers when the proof of his failure to consolidate a solid position in the Prem mounts weekly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I think even those on here who have been extremely patient and only just turned will be surprised.

I know I’ve joked about our happy clappy fanbase, even if my attitude is coming across as “arrogant” as described the other week but I was shocked at the looks I got and how many people started shouting at me for joining in with Rodgers Out chants on Saturday.

....the Arsenal supporters "The Black Shirts" who marched on game day were roundly booed by the majority of their supporters!!!

They were viewed as disloyal and an embarrassment to their club. The only problem with that was they were right, and Wenger's tenure should have been curtailed some time ago.

The clamour became so loud and the marches persisted for so long, even Wenger and his board had to take notice. Apparently the Arsenal board had a contract on the table for him to sign, blindly believing that he was the person, who would bring back the glory days. Wenger himself felt that his supporters had stabbed him in the back and could not continue to work for a club unappreciated. 

Wenger's refusal to step down at an appropriate time had set Arsenal back years.

Arteta now holding the reins has now put them where they had been some time ago. Wenger stepping down was the best thing that happened to Arsenal.

It is very strange what a show of integrity (Wenger stepping down) and a minority of dissenting voices (The Black Shirts) can achieve , if you whole heartedly believe in something. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I wouldn't get to dissapointed, with the fanbase, I have a feeling if we lose 2 more on the bounce the noises for dismissal will be greater, and louder, from every corner, the Media as well.

Once we end up in the bottom 3, it will become untenable, the issue is not everyone is as passionate as FT, er's and can see the writing on the wall early enough, or are bothered enough once in the bottom 3 attitudes will change wholesale. I hope!!

Martin Allen, Jon Rudkin, Steve Beaglehole, Mike Stowell, Gary Megson, Frank Burrows, Gerry Taggart, Ian Holloway.

I’d take any of them over Rodgers.

Not even lying for effect.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Martin Allen, Jon Rudkin, Steve Beaglehole, Mike Stowell, Gary Megson, Frank Burrows, Gerry Taggart, Ian Holloway.

I’d take any of them over Rodgers.

Not even lying for effect.

Bring back flat cap Frank.