Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

Is he officially worse than Peter Taylor now? We're getting very close to that territory.

I'm all for criticism but no not compare him to Peter Taylor.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I think even those on here who have been extremely patient and only just turned will be surprised.

I know I’ve joked about our happy clappy fanbase, even if my attitude is coming across as “arrogant” as described the other week but I was shocked at the looks I got and how many people started shouting at me for joining in with Rodgers Out chants on Saturday.

Keep shouting mate. What else can you do, this chump has to take things beyond relegation, if allowed to rebuild in the Championship, it could turn from relegation to ruination!

• Like 1

I can't understand the misguided loyalty the owners have for Rodgers. It's as if they don't mind Championship football and the loss of revenue.

I presume the fans are the last thought on the board's mind, it really is utter incompetence.

34 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Is the fact we've not sacked him yet more or less painful than his tactics?

Infact can anyone think of anything more painful than Rodgers?

Standing on a Lego?

33 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I know what you're saying here. I understand it. Just our place in the food chain. 

However, I am also a young fan who watched Tony James save us - I didnt understand it at the time. I adored and then hated Brian Little. I thought we were like a mini Barca for a short period under McGhee (WBA away - first half - even Brendan hasnt got us playing that good), I watched Kevin Poole kick it out to Lars Bohinen TWICE at the City Ground where we got utterly spanked. Every time Joachim got on the ball on the half way line I stood up in anticipation. I appreciated a full moon as much as a Heskey goal. I watched Taylor dismantle a team in less than 18 months. I watched Adams build dad's army - twice! I watched Levein sign the wrong LB from Plymouth. I watched us go down to League One. I watched the rebuild under Pearson. The dismantlement under Sousa/Sven and rebuild again under Pearson. 

I love all those memories. That is the Leicester City I grew up watching but that is not the Leicester City of today. When I got into football. Chelsea were happy with a 13th place finish - Glenn Hoddle got the England job on the back of it. Man City were lower PL. That perhaps isnt their norms now either - significantly more investment but for our level, we are not exactly paupers. 

Looking at this period as it was going to happen at some point is just not on. This is a club that sold three players. £60m, £80m and £50m. We sold fourth in the summer for £70m - Brian Little's Leicester sold Kitson for £1m plus Gee and Ormonroyd - apply all the inflation you can and that still comes to about £5m in today's prices - significantly lower than our Ulloa transfer. 

The club with the investment - the salaries - the off pitch development should be aiming for top 10 and aspiring for top 6. I mean Man City for most of my life were a lower PL, Championship team. They've had significant investment to get them beyond their "norm". In the same way but to a lesser extent, so have we. Being where we are is an underachievement. Getting relegated and playing the Championship will be one of the biggest, if not the biggest disasters to hit this club in my time of supporting them and yes, I am taking into account League One relegation. The levels we are at is significantly different. And we can't say, its just Leicester being Leicester. 

I've seen this club go down 4 times. 3 times from the Prem and once from the championship. The first time, Little left us and McGhee had very little chance - we were apart from one or two a team not good enough stay up. The season we went down under Bassett, the team we were left with wasnt good enough for the league - I was angry because of where we were 12 months prior but realistically watching Martin Reeves air shot an open goal v Blackburn suggested our squad was punching above its weight. The third relegation under Adams - we bought anyone who would play for us but again, great attack (Ferdinand, Bent and Dickov) and kudos to the manager on putting that together on a shoe string budget but defensively we shouldnt have been anywhere near the PL. The league one relegation was also deserved - we had a poor squad with a disgusting mentality. The thing about all those seasons, it was hard to accept but I could understand why we were where we were. It was normal for the budget, investment and squad. 

We could go down this year with players like Maddison and Tielemans part of our roster. We have effectively blown £260m in transfer fees on what ? two seasons and a FA Cup. Oh and a training ground consider as THE BEST IN EUROPE.  

Brendan, the board and the owner have carried out a monumental **** up if we go down - probably the biggest in our history. Every one will go back to supporting Leicester at Rotherham. Perhaps watch Chelthenham fans do the conga in the away end again but this, what is happening right now, regardless of our history is not the current Leicester's norm. Not by a long shot. 

Sounds like we're a similar age. Great post. This team should be nowhere near relegation.

39 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Is the fact we've not sacked him yet more or less painful than his tactics?

Infact can anyone think of anything more painful than Rodgers?

The wife talking, or deciding to go through Diary dates, when your trying to watch a match 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Rodgers is on the cusp of taking down a team that was capable of finishing in the top 4.

Whilst spending the kind of money that Taylor could only have dreamt of.

Rodgers just walked into a team of much higher calibre than Taylor did, so its taken longer for him to destroy things 

Had this debate with someone on here on Saturday.

I don't believe the team Rodgers inherited in March 2019 was of "much higher calibre" than the one Taylor took over in 2000. It was probably better, yes, but not by that much. O'Neil's final team had just won the league cup and may have got top 5 without injuries and the cup run. Worth remembering too that Taylor spent a relatively large amount of money over two seasons on utter dross. 

One thing I would agree with is that our decline from the Cup win to now is probably greater than from summer 2000 to 2001/02. However, that decline under Taylor should not be underestimated either, especially in the way he shipped out or alienated senior players and replaced them with "ones for the future" from the lower leagues. 

Imo Rodger's time here may be remembered as badly as Taylor's tenure, but I still can't accept we've ever had a manager worse than Taylor. Look at the guy's CV, it's shit for a reason.

Perhaps we need a poll on the matter....

Edited by bovril

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Rodgers is on the cusp of taking down a team that was capable of finishing in the top 4.

They were once close to, but they certainly are not now!!

I don`t think we need exaggeration to lambast Rodgers, as I actually think it undermines the point

...but perhaps this is your real end game  :ph34r: #secretrodgein

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lost-dressing-room-question-denied-8246005?fbclid=IwAR25Ij1AS-2caf9ZScagTxqm65jAkSshjOKlTIdzDfE8elKdlqU5j-lnFOw

Lost dressing room question denied as Leicester City captain reacts to Brendan Rodgers chants
A section of Leicester City fans chanted for Brendan Rodgers to lose his job during and after the club's 3-1 defeat to Chelsea at the King Power Stadium on Saturday

ByJordan Blackwell
13:33, 13 MAR 2023UPDATED13:50, 13 MAR 2023
Leicester City fans hold up a banner calling for Brendan Rodgers to be sacked during the 3-1 loss to Chelsea
Leicester City fans hold up a banner calling for Brendan Rodgers to be sacked during the 3-1 loss to Chelsea (Image: Michael Regan/Getty Images)
The Leicester City dressing room are united behind manager Brendan Rodgers and remain confident they can secure Premier League survival.

That is the message from City skipper Jonny Evans after a fourth successive league defeat dragged them to within inches of the drop zone. Now, just goal difference separates City from the bottom three.

While fans are increasingly nervous, and increasingly angry with Rodgers, directing chants his way during and after Saturday’s 3-1 defeat to Chelsea, the squad remain on the boss’s side. Evans is also optimistic that City can pick up the points they need to retain their Premier League status.

Asked if the dressing room had been lost, Evans said: “To be honest I haven't heard anyone say that and I don't feel like we're in that position at all. I actually feel really positive, even more so after seeing the performance of the boys (against Chelsea).

“I came in at half-time and I was pleased with how we were performing – the application, our desire, everything. I'm positive going forward. I think we've got quality players and a great spirit here. I have no doubt we'll be fine come the end of the season.”

Chants from supporters calling for Rodgers to be removed had been a feature of the whole season, but this was the first time they were audible at the King Power Stadium, even if they only came from a section of the crowd. Evans says fans are entitled to use their voice, but wants them to remain on the players’ side.

The 34-year-old added: “The supporters are free to say what they want. It's their club, we're here to do a job. As a captain I was looking at the game and I felt that we were competitive.

"After the game was analysed, there's not really much you can say. Like I say it was a game of moments, maybe our concentration slipped once or twice. But it's very difficult to maintain it for 90 minutes and top teams punish you.

“I've no doubt the fans are behind us and they will really support the club like they always do.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I know what you're saying here. I understand it. Just our place in the food chain. 

However, I am also a young fan who watched Tony James save us - I didnt understand it at the time. I adored and then hated Brian Little. I thought we were like a mini Barca for a short period under McGhee (WBA away - first half - even Brendan hasnt got us playing that good), I watched Kevin Poole kick it out to Lars Bohinen TWICE at the City Ground where we got utterly spanked. Every time Joachim got on the ball on the half way line I stood up in anticipation. I appreciated a full moon as much as a Heskey goal. I watched Taylor dismantle a team in less than 18 months. I watched Adams build dad's army - twice! I watched Levein sign the wrong LB from Plymouth. I watched us go down to League One. I watched the rebuild under Pearson. The dismantlement under Sousa/Sven and rebuild again under Pearson. 

I love all those memories. That is the Leicester City I grew up watching but that is not the Leicester City of today. When I got into football. Chelsea were happy with a 13th place finish - Glenn Hoddle got the England job on the back of it. Man City were lower PL. That perhaps isnt their norms now either - significantly more investment but for our level, we are not exactly paupers. 

Looking at this period as it was going to happen at some point is just not on. This is a club that sold three players. £60m, £80m and £50m. We sold fourth in the summer for £70m - Brian Little's Leicester sold Kitson for £1m plus Gee and Ormonroyd - apply all the inflation you can and that still comes to about £5m in today's prices - significantly lower than our Ulloa transfer. 

The club with the investment - the salaries - the off pitch development should be aiming for top 10 and aspiring for top 6. I mean Man City for most of my life were a lower PL, Championship team. They've had significant investment to get them beyond their "norm". In the same way but to a lesser extent, so have we. Being where we are is an underachievement. Getting relegated and playing the Championship will be one of the biggest, if not the biggest disasters to hit this club in my time of supporting them and yes, I am taking into account League One relegation. The levels we are at is significantly different. And we can't say, its just Leicester being Leicester. 

I've seen this club go down 4 times. 3 times from the Prem and once from the championship. The first time, Little left us and McGhee had very little chance - we were apart from one or two a team not good enough stay up. The season we went down under Bassett, the team we were left with wasnt good enough for the league - I was angry because of where we were 12 months prior but realistically watching Martin Reeves air shot an open goal v Blackburn suggested our squad was punching above its weight. The third relegation under Adams - we bought anyone who would play for us but again, great attack (Ferdinand, Bent and Dickov) and kudos to the manager on putting that together on a shoe string budget but defensively we shouldnt have been anywhere near the PL. The league one relegation was also deserved - we had a poor squad with a disgusting mentality. The thing about all those seasons, it was hard to accept but I could understand why we were where we were. It was normal for the budget, investment and squad. 

We could go down this year with players like Maddison and Tielemans part of our roster. We have effectively blown £260m in transfer fees on what ? two seasons and a FA Cup. Oh and a training ground consider as THE BEST IN EUROPE.  

Brendan, the board and the owner have carried out a monumental **** up if we go down - probably the biggest in our history. Every one will go back to supporting Leicester at Rotherham. Perhaps watch Chelthenham fans do the conga in the away end again but this, what is happening right now, regardless of our history is not the current Leicester's norm. Not by a long shot. 

Great Post. Hugely depressing to read. It's not over yet but we are blowing such an opportunity to establish ourselves at a higher level than all our history... Gah. 

It is amazing that any players that speak now sound like a puppet with Rodgers hand up their arse.

It's not even a case of them making generic comments backing him, they're actually talking like he does. Stockholm syndrome has 100% set in lol

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1