Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It is amazing that any players that speak now sound like a puppet with Rodgers hand up their arse.

It's not even a case of them making generic comments backing him, they're actually talking like he does. Stockholm syndrome has 100% set in lol

Yes, it’s horrible you see these people pulling in the same direction going into a relegation fight…

• Like 3

Just now, filbertway said:

It is amazing that any players that speak now sound like a puppet with Rodgers hand up their arse.

It's not even a case of them making generic comments backing him, they're actually talking like he does. Stockholm syndrome has 100% set in lol

Look at what happened to Vestergaard. Deviate away from the messaging and you will become a cast off. I have no actual proof, but im pretty sure this has happened to Cags in one way or another.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's like a driving instructor refusing to brake or correct a student that is about to cause a crash. "Oh don't worry, at least they're in it together"

Even though it's clear to everybody that the attitude and way of working has seen a steady decline in standard, at least they're all thinking the same way. What a comforting thought that they're all quite content with how things are going.

I find it wild that anybody sees people being in agreement on failing as a positive. Literally nobody wants to correct it because they're all utterly deluded.

I can only hope and assume you're making ill-thought throwaway comments like that to wind me up :D

No but I can hold two seemingly conflicting ideas, which actually are not, in my head at the same time, and I am also not so arrogant to think I speeak for others.

In turn I can hope that for you, wisdom increases with age  :thumbup:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lost-dressing-room-question-denied-8246005?fbclid=IwAR25Ij1AS-2caf9ZScagTxqm65jAkSshjOKlTIdzDfE8elKdlqU5j-lnFOw

Lost dressing room question denied as Leicester City captain reacts to Brendan Rodgers chants
A section of Leicester City fans chanted for Brendan Rodgers to lose his job during and after the club's 3-1 defeat to Chelsea at the King Power Stadium on Saturday

ByJordan Blackwell
13:33, 13 MAR 2023UPDATED13:50, 13 MAR 2023
Leicester City fans hold up a banner calling for Brendan Rodgers to be sacked during the 3-1 loss to Chelsea
Leicester City fans hold up a banner calling for Brendan Rodgers to be sacked during the 3-1 loss to Chelsea (Image: Michael Regan/Getty Images)
The Leicester City dressing room are united behind manager Brendan Rodgers and remain confident they can secure Premier League survival.

That is the message from City skipper Jonny Evans after a fourth successive league defeat dragged them to within inches of the drop zone. Now, just goal difference separates City from the bottom three.

While fans are increasingly nervous, and increasingly angry with Rodgers, directing chants his way during and after Saturday’s 3-1 defeat to Chelsea, the squad remain on the boss’s side. Evans is also optimistic that City can pick up the points they need to retain their Premier League status.

Asked if the dressing room had been lost, Evans said: “To be honest I haven't heard anyone say that and I don't feel like we're in that position at all. I actually feel really positive, even more so after seeing the performance of the boys (against Chelsea).

“I came in at half-time and I was pleased with how we were performing – the application, our desire, everything. I'm positive going forward. I think we've got quality players and a great spirit here. I have no doubt we'll be fine come the end of the season.”

Chants from supporters calling for Rodgers to be removed had been a feature of the whole season, but this was the first time they were audible at the King Power Stadium, even if they only came from a section of the crowd. Evans says fans are entitled to use their voice, but wants them to remain on the players’ side.

The 34-year-old added: “The supporters are free to say what they want. It's their club, we're here to do a job. As a captain I was looking at the game and I felt that we were competitive.

"After the game was analysed, there's not really much you can say. Like I say it was a game of moments, maybe our concentration slipped once or twice. But it's very difficult to maintain it for 90 minutes and top teams punish you.

“I've no doubt the fans are behind us and they will really support the club like they always do.”

Johnny Evan's as team captain is hardly going to say anything derogatory in public is he, and his comments on the match are simply drone answers youd expect, tell you what Johnny give us a performance to get excited about, and let's see you on the pitch with the Captain armband giving some of the Fearless Foxes never quite dynamic to it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Johnny Evan's as team captain is hardly going to say anything derogatory in public is he, and his comments on the match are simply drone answers youd expect, tell you what Johnny give us a performance to get excited about, and let's see you on the pitch with the Captain armband giving some of the Fearless Foxes never quite dynamic to it.

Couldn’t agree more, anyone expecting any one of the playing squad to come out say/show anything other than complete solidarity is going to be disappointed. 

Regardless of what is going on behind the scenes and whether Rodgers has lost a minority, majority or the entirety of the playing squad, the players will have been briefed and be fully aware of the need to show a united front. 

• Like 1

Personally the thing that scares me the most is not relegation (70 on the sh!t yer pants scale)

Or keeping the fraud as manager till the end of the season (80 syp)

It's keeping him and letting him "rebuild"(IOW totally fcuk us up) no matter where we finish- that rates a 100.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, izzymuzzet said:

Sounds like we're a similar age. Great post. This team should be nowhere near relegation.

Yes, great post Mickeyblueyes.  I started following City when Arthur Rowley was banging them in and have followed through all the ups & downs since.  No club should accept a perceived position in the league but should strive to improve and to continually build on it.  We have done that so well but it has been undone simply by inattentive and ill-judged  management decisions throughout the club over the last 3 years.

I just hope the board wake up and come to their senses before it's too late but their inaction so far  means we're right on the edge of that now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Keep shouting mate. What else can you do, this chump has to take things beyond relegation, if allowed to rebuild in the Championship, it could turn from relegation to ruination!

As I keep saying, we can all email Susan Whelan and the board.  It may have no effect at all ... but it just might if a huge number do it.  What else can people do so easily from the phone/laptop/tablet that they're using right now?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

No but I can hold two seemingly conflicting ideas, which actually are not, in my head at the same time, and I am also not so arrogant to think I speeak for others.

In turn I can hope that for you, wisdom increases with age  :thumbup:

Ahh screw it, let's break it down. Why do you believe that it's a good thing that they're all the same page and in agreement that things will be fine because of how we played in the past 2 games.

Like actual reasoning other than just making a generic statement that is applicable in certain scenarios.

I rarely see you back your thinking up with reasoning, so it'd be good to hear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vazman said:

As said, the message is fine. But the actual wording reads like a Brendan Rodgers interview, which means his way of thinking has permeated into the playing squad. Either that or they likely don't care what happens to this club as they've had their money so it's easier to just tow the line.

Either way, it's certainly not a positive.

4 hours ago, Vazman said:

I agree he wouldn’t say anything derogatory but he has publicly disagreed with Brendan before in a post match interview. Can’t remember which game but was earlier in the season at home - he essentially said he disagreed with Rodgers’ assessment of us not being brave on the ball and said it was a strange comment. 

Is he really not as involved in the contract side of things as he makes out? And doesn't talk to the "club" side like it seems in his press briefing.

If he really is supposed to be focused on the training, coaching and match day, then he really is failing badly. 

We need someone who is can influence the whole club. He seems so passive, just as the team seem on the pitch.

28 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ahh screw it, let's break it down. Why do you believe that it's a good thing that they're all the same page and in agreement that things will be fine because of how we played in the past 2 games.

Like actual reasoning other than just making a generic statement that is applicable in certain scenarios.

I rarely see you back your thinking up with reasoning, so it'd be good to hear.

Because if they all are aligned in their thinking, there mindset and determination, then there is more chance they will succeed. 

:D There is no I in team. (Sorry, couldn't help that last bit) 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Is he really not as involved in the contract side of things as he makes out? And doesn't talk to the "club" side like it seems in his press briefing.

If he really is supposed to be focused on the training, coaching and match day, then he really is failing badly. 

We need someone who is can influence the whole club. He seems so passive, just as the team seem on the pitch.

I imagine it's Rudkin's job to deal with the contracts. I'm not surprised if he isn't involved in the contract stuff.

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I imagine it's Rudkin's job to deal with the contracts. I'm not surprised if he isn't involved in the contract stuff.

There's being involved and being involved. Yes, Rudkin sorts the details out. But what input of at all does Rodgers have or want? It seems like he doesn't give af.

Need him to say, I want Madders to stay... Or something interesting. I don't think he's capable of interesting though.

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because if they all are aligned in their thinking, there mindset and determination, then there is more chance they will succeed. 

:D There is no I in team. (Sorry, couldn't help that last bit) 

And yet they clearly aren't succeeding.

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

As I keep saying, we can all email Susan Whelan and the board.  It may have no effect at all ... but it just might if a huge number do it.  What else can people do so easily from the phone/laptop/tablet that they're using right now?

.. not sure what you expect Susan Whelan to do!!!

She could resign and come out to the press to say how much she hates the football on the pitch at this moment and say Rodgers is not delivering,  but it would be only one desenting voice in the board room, and as you can  see from the stadium attendees, she would not be speaking for the majority. 

The only one who can break this impasse is Khun Top, and there are no signs that he is about to tear up any contracts, any time soon.