Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because if they all are aligned in their thinking, there mindset and determination, then there is more chance they will succeed. 

:D There is no I in team. (Sorry, couldn't help that last bit) 

lol :D

Apologies if that came off a bit aggressive btw, it certainly read it. I should really focus on doing one thing at a time lol

I don't at all agree with that in this instance where the "thinking" is demonstrably wrong.

I'd rather we had a proper leader who'd give them a kick up the arse and say how it is. Clear we have very different philosophies though and we will only get to see how yours plays out, so all we can do is come back at the end of the season and see if it worked :D

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd rather we had a proper leader who'd give them a kick up the arse and say how it is

One can only hope this happens behind the scenes but what gets laid out in public is different. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

lol :D

Apologies if that came off a bit aggressive btw, it certainly read it. I should really focus on doing one thing at a time lol

I don't at all agree with that in this instance where the "thinking" is demonstrably wrong.

I'd rather we had a proper leader who'd give them a kick up the arse and say how it is. Clear we have very different philosophies though and we will only get to see how yours plays out, so all we can do is come back at the end of the season and see if it worked :D

Not sure if you are talking about Top, Rodgers or players, but in all cases, this is something that gets a lot of backing I imagine, someone who calls them out, who is open to being called out themselves, accompanied by a on field leader, this would be a dream scenario,

50 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure if you are talking about Top, Rodgers or players, but in all cases, this is something that gets a lot of backing I imagine, someone who calls them out, who is open to being called out themselves, accompanied by a on field leader, this would be a dream scenario,

At his point I don't care if it's the tea lady or Birch haha, someone needs to snap the team/club out of the current malaise.

Unfortunately while everyone is buying into Rodgers trying to pull off one the greatest managerial achievements of his career. I can understand them coming out with standard boring statements, even if they're pointless. As a lot of people freak out whenever a player shows an iota of charisma or individuality. 

I do  find it very concerning that they're parroting the kinds of things Rodgers says week in week out. That tells me he has full buy in. Which suggests a collective agreement that the current standards are acceptable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I do  find it very concerning that they're parroting the kinds of things Rodgers says week in week out. That tells me he has full buy in. Which suggests a collective agreement that the current standards are acceptable. 

Not sure it tells us that tbh. Recognition is not the same as acceptance thankfully, but either way, we are approaching end game and we will see if the collective have the balls for the fight.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

At his point I don't care if it's the tea lady or Birch haha, someone needs to snap the team/club out of the current malaise.

Unfortunately while everyone is buying into Rodgers trying to pull off one the greatest managerial achievements of his career. I can understand them coming out with standard boring statements, even if they're pointless. As a lot of people freak out whenever a player shows an iota of charisma or individuality. 

Sorry for diverting the topic a bit, but he didn't look too good on Saturday..

Edited by Wymsey

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because if they all are aligned in their thinking, there mindset and determination, then there is more chance they will succeed. 

there is a me though

This has probably been mentioned lots of times but not in the two most recent pages I just read but……

Ranieri was sacked for being 1 place above relegation with 13 games to go and while still being in the tie in the last 16 of the champions league - so what’s changed?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Vazman said:

Johnny Evan's as team captain is hardly going to say anything derogatory in public is he, and his comments on the match are simply drone answers youd expect, tell you what Johnny give us a performance to get excited about, and let's see you on the pitch with the Captain armband giving some of the Fearless Foxes never quite dynamic to it.

I said something similar a day or so back  (Pg2084) that he wouldn't want to contradict the little sh1t if he wanted back in the starting 11.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. not sure what you expect Susan Whelan to do!!!

She could resign and come out to the press to say how much she hates the football on the pitch at this moment and say Rodgers is not delivering,  but it would be only one desenting voice in the board room, and as you can  see from the stadium attendees, she would not be speaking for the majority. 

The only one who can break this impasse is Khun Top, and  are no signs that he is about to tear up any contracts, any time soon.

Pity you didn't take more care in reading my contribution.  I suggested emailing not just Susan Whelan but the board too.  They are, clearly, among the most influential voices in the running of the club, and their input to Top must surely be taken into consideration by him.

My point is that sending emails of dissent is the most obvious way for those on here to get their feelings known by the board.  There is so much moaning on here, many are exhorting others to take action on their behalf, but few who are prepared to do something themselves, even when all it takes is a few keystrokes in order to send emails.

No matter how small the chance of having an effect (and nobody can say for certain either way), it is surely better to try to do something positive.

It would be interesting to know how many on here have taken this step.

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Someone had better tell that to Rodgers, because in his warped little mind it's a case of him, him or and him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Pity you didn't take more care in reading my contribution.  I suggested emailing not just Susan Whelan but the board too.  They are, clearly, among the most influential voices in the running of the club, and their input to Top must surely be taken into consideration by him.

My point is that sending emails of dissent is the most obvious way for those on here to get their feelings known by the board.  There is so much moaning on here, many are exhorting others to take action on their behalf, but few who are prepared to do something themselves, even when all it takes is a few keystrokes in order to send emails.

No matter how small the chance of having an effect (and nobody can say for certain either way), it is surely better to try to do something positive.

It would be interesting to know how many on here have taken this step.

...I  re-read your previous post and yes you included the board, but my take on all this is, if all the board members came out and said they wanted Rodgers gone, Khun Top is still the man with the final say!!!

If he says no, then Rodgers will be here for the duration. Someone posted last year that there is only one person who is keeping Rodgers in his post. Whether that is correct or not, the real thing is if Top says no, the answer is no.

There have been several post on this forum detailing Whelan's email address and I have emailed her several times. So far nothing has come from it, I wouldn’t believe it would make any difference should we all do it again. 

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

This has probably been mentioned lots of times but not in the two most recent pages I just read but……

Ranieri was sacked for being 1 place above relegation with 13 games to go and while still being in the tie in the last 16 of the champions league - so what’s changed?

The big difference is that Khun Vichai was in charge. I doubt he would have stood by and watched the dismantling all that he had built.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Smudge said:

The big difference is that Khun Vichai was in charge. I doubt he would have stood by and watched the dismantling all that he had built.

It's a convenient argument...

We don't know what Vichai,. Would of done...

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It's a convenient argument...

We don't know what Vichai,. Would of done...

Of course it’s hypothetical but Vichai was owner for six years. This means that we have a high level of evidence to judge it on. His ruthlessness was demonstrated through Ranieri, Pearson and Puel - Rodgers has the club in a worst state than any of those three. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Of course it’s hypothetical but Vichai was owner for six years. This means that we have a high level of evidence to judge it on. His ruthlessness was demonstrated through Ranieri, Pearson and Puel - Rodgers has the club in a worst state than any of those three. 

Yup...he wants his own..."Great Escape"

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ahha...Rodgers talk..:P

Sorry @Smudge, just enjoy  being obstroculus...

adjective. noisy or rough, esp in resisting restraint or control.

Is that what you think of me assuming that's the word you were using?
Edited by Smudge

Just hate how with all his interviews it's shit like "great coaching challenge". I want my manager to feel like my manager. Not a coach enjoying a challenge. Other clubs have managers who take everything on and become their manager.

Brendan's interviews feel like he's opened up a save on Football Manager and can just move onto another one if he relegates us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As his interview yesterday was another great BS spinning bonanza, we now have another contradictory comment in that we haven’t set a points target.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/03/brendan-rodgers-enters-leicester-survival-mode-to-set-40-point-target

Now, we either believe 40 points is no longer achievable, which lets be honest was a pretty low bar anyway so speaks volumes that he has managed to lead us further into the shit. He may have forgotten that he set this points target? Previous actions and comments do hint towards a lack of a mental capacity. Or he just knows he can down right lie because no one in the media will challenge him about any previous comments.

Of all the managers in the world, how did our club end up with someone so toxic.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

:ph34r:

793813ccbaa1e1612810510b46cae88f.jpg

• Haha 1

2,100 pages in. Most of it filled with the same people making the same sad, unfunny and derogatory comments for the umpteenth time. The overwhelming majority of us want him gone, but this thread is just desperately sad. 

• Like 2