Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

27 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Grown adults ‘releasing frustration’ by slinging insults at other grown adults is pathetic and embarrassing to be honest. By all means crack on, but it’s pretty damning if this is where we are as a fanbase.

To be clear I’d like him gone, based on his performance and merits as a manager of the club. Not because I don’t like the way he looks, or speaks, or some other reason for a playground insult.

Sadly it looks like FT is a playground then, as the majority of the posts (not all)  on here by the looks of it seem to enjoy the insult slinging.

I too want him gone, as I think he's a poor excuse of a manager, but also want him out for the way he has conducted himself in the media  His BS discusts me (and quite a few others by the looks of it)..and IMO by the way he portrays himself he doesn't seem a nice chap and certainly not someone I'd want too meet or be around 

However the chances of that happening are probably Nil, so I don't need to worry about it.

On 16/03/2023 at 09:55, Mickyblueeyes said:

I know what you're saying here. I understand it. Just our place in the food chain. 

However, I am also a young fan who watched Tony James save us - I didnt understand it at the time. I adored and then hated Brian Little. I thought we were like a mini Barca for a short period under McGhee (WBA away - first half - even Brendan hasnt got us playing that good), I watched Kevin Poole kick it out to Lars Bohinen TWICE at the City Ground where we got utterly spanked. Every time Joachim got on the ball on the half way line I stood up in anticipation. I appreciated a full moon as much as a Heskey goal. I watched Taylor dismantle a team in less than 18 months. I watched Adams build dad's army - twice! I watched Levein sign the wrong LB from Plymouth. I watched us go down to League One. I watched the rebuild under Pearson. The dismantlement under Sousa/Sven and rebuild again under Pearson. 

I love all those memories. That is the Leicester City I grew up watching but that is not the Leicester City of today. When I got into football. Chelsea were happy with a 13th place finish - Glenn Hoddle got the England job on the back of it. Man City were lower PL. That perhaps isnt their norms now either - significantly more investment but for our level, we are not exactly paupers. 

Looking at this period as it was going to happen at some point is just not on. This is a club that sold three players. £60m, £80m and £50m. We sold fourth in the summer for £70m - Brian Little's Leicester sold Kitson for £1m plus Gee and Ormonroyd - apply all the inflation you can and that still comes to about £5m in today's prices - significantly lower than our Ulloa transfer. 

The club with the investment - the salaries - the off pitch development should be aiming for top 10 and aspiring for top 6. I mean Man City for most of my life were a lower PL, Championship team. They've had significant investment to get them beyond their "norm". In the same way but to a lesser extent, so have we. Being where we are is an underachievement. Getting relegated and playing the Championship will be one of the biggest, if not the biggest disasters to hit this club in my time of supporting them and yes, I am taking into account League One relegation. The levels we are at is significantly different. And we can't say, its just Leicester being Leicester. 

I've seen this club go down 4 times. 3 times from the Prem and once from the championship. The first time, Little left us and McGhee had very little chance - we were apart from one or two a team not good enough stay up. The season we went down under Bassett, the team we were left with wasnt good enough for the league - I was angry because of where we were 12 months prior but realistically watching Martin Reeves air shot an open goal v Blackburn suggested our squad was punching above its weight. The third relegation under Adams - we bought anyone who would play for us but again, great attack (Ferdinand, Bent and Dickov) and kudos to the manager on putting that together on a shoe string budget but defensively we shouldnt have been anywhere near the PL. The league one relegation was also deserved - we had a poor squad with a disgusting mentality. The thing about all those seasons, it was hard to accept but I could understand why we were where we were. It was normal for the budget, investment and squad. 

We could go down this year with players like Maddison and Tielemans part of our roster. We have effectively blown £260m in transfer fees on what ? two seasons and a FA Cup. Oh and a training ground consider as THE BEST IN EUROPE.  

Brendan, the board and the owner have carried out a monumental **** up if we go down - probably the biggest in our history. Every one will go back to supporting Leicester at Rotherham. Perhaps watch Chelthenham fans do the conga in the away end again but this, what is happening right now, regardless of our history is not the current Leicester's norm. Not by a long shot. 

Superbly put!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.businesslend.com/sports/leicester-and-brendan-rodgers-are-spiralling-towards-total-failure/ 

"If this season has introduced the definitive finish for Leicester’s best technology, the title-winning workforce, with Schmeichel offered, Marc Albrighton loaned out and Vardy benched, the higher hazard is that has a unique type of finality. Rodgers mentioned final week that holding Leicester up can be “one of my biggest achievements”. That can be overegging it. More precisely, taking them down can be his and their best failure."

• Thanks 3

Hearing Patrick Viera has been Sacked by Palace 3 points above us with the chairman stating the sacking will improve Palace’s chances of beating the drop, Hope Top has listened to Steve Parish’s statement taking note of that and going to do the same to Brendan to save our Chances of Survival ??

27 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

https://www.businesslend.com/sports/leicester-and-brendan-rodgers-are-spiralling-towards-total-failure/ 

"If this season has introduced the definitive finish for Leicester’s best technology, the title-winning workforce, with Schmeichel offered, Marc Albrighton loaned out and Vardy benched, the higher hazard is that has a unique type of finality. Rodgers mentioned final week that holding Leicester up can be “one of my biggest achievements”. That can be overegging it. More precisely, taking them down can be his and their best failure."

Was that written by a broken AI bot?!

On 16/03/2023 at 10:55, Mickyblueeyes said:

I know what you're saying here. I understand it. Just our place in the food chain. 

However, I am also a young fan who watched Tony James save us - I didnt understand it at the time. I adored and then hated Brian Little. I thought we were like a mini Barca for a short period under McGhee (WBA away - first half - even Brendan hasnt got us playing that good), I watched Kevin Poole kick it out to Lars Bohinen TWICE at the City Ground where we got utterly spanked. Every time Joachim got on the ball on the half way line I stood up in anticipation. I appreciated a full moon as much as a Heskey goal. I watched Taylor dismantle a team in less than 18 months. I watched Adams build dad's army - twice! I watched Levein sign the wrong LB from Plymouth. I watched us go down to League One. I watched the rebuild under Pearson. The dismantlement under Sousa/Sven and rebuild again under Pearson. 

I love all those memories. That is the Leicester City I grew up watching but that is not the Leicester City of today. When I got into football. Chelsea were happy with a 13th place finish - Glenn Hoddle got the England job on the back of it. Man City were lower PL. That perhaps isnt their norms now either - significantly more investment but for our level, we are not exactly paupers. 

Looking at this period as it was going to happen at some point is just not on. This is a club that sold three players. £60m, £80m and £50m. We sold fourth in the summer for £70m - Brian Little's Leicester sold Kitson for £1m plus Gee and Ormonroyd - apply all the inflation you can and that still comes to about £5m in today's prices - significantly lower than our Ulloa transfer. 

The club with the investment - the salaries - the off pitch development should be aiming for top 10 and aspiring for top 6. I mean Man City for most of my life were a lower PL, Championship team. They've had significant investment to get them beyond their "norm". In the same way but to a lesser extent, so have we. Being where we are is an underachievement. Getting relegated and playing the Championship will be one of the biggest, if not the biggest disasters to hit this club in my time of supporting them and yes, I am taking into account League One relegation. The levels we are at is significantly different. And we can't say, its just Leicester being Leicester. 

I've seen this club go down 4 times. 3 times from the Prem and once from the championship. The first time, Little left us and McGhee had very little chance - we were apart from one or two a team not good enough stay up. The season we went down under Bassett, the team we were left with wasnt good enough for the league - I was angry because of where we were 12 months prior but realistically watching Martin Reeves air shot an open goal v Blackburn suggested our squad was punching above its weight. The third relegation under Adams - we bought anyone who would play for us but again, great attack (Ferdinand, Bent and Dickov) and kudos to the manager on putting that together on a shoe string budget but defensively we shouldnt have been anywhere near the PL. The league one relegation was also deserved - we had a poor squad with a disgusting mentality. The thing about all those seasons, it was hard to accept but I could understand why we were where we were. It was normal for the budget, investment and squad. 

We could go down this year with players like Maddison and Tielemans part of our roster. We have effectively blown £260m in transfer fees on what ? two seasons and a FA Cup. Oh and a training ground consider as THE BEST IN EUROPE.  

Brendan, the board and the owner have carried out a monumental **** up if we go down - probably the biggest in our history. Every one will go back to supporting Leicester at Rotherham. Perhaps watch Chelthenham fans do the conga in the away end again but this, what is happening right now, regardless of our history is not the current Leicester's norm. Not by a long shot. 

I am a tad older than you,stood around all our own terraces/seats Filbert street & Walkers-KP…plus 100 odd oppo grounds  plus having own intensive sports path,and sacrifices…Interfacing in a couple of eras closely to our then players.

.I am still sold on these owners, they too are going through a crisis,so they need some type of balancing act…which we are totally clueless to.

Besides that..well done lad..

:appl:  :appl: This belongs in the top 5 posts,

ever posted,on any topic,since FT began. A bloody good read and a short preci of The Leicester story ,well put together…

even beating best ever goals…or equal to @davieG  nostalga memoirs.lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

I just read that of the remaining champions league teams’ managers, only Pep is higher paid than Rodgers…

(I don’t know if it’s true, but sounds believable) 

lol Brilliant.

• Like 1

I do think Palace sacking Viera could have an impact on the club hierarchy's position.  I think if we lose to Brentford, then the pressure really increases and there will be immense pressure even within the club to make a change.  Maybe wishful thinking.  

44 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

lol Brilliant.

There are no reliable sources for salaries imo, journos quote this stuff, was just expressing my doubt 

It is entirely possible given he is supposedly on roughly the same pay as Potter, less than pep, and prem pays more than the other leagues in general. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

26 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

I do think Palace sacking Viera could have an impact on the club hierarchy's position.  I think if we lose to Brentford, then the pressure really increases and there will be immense pressure even within the club to make a change.  Maybe wishful thinking.  

Yes, especially if we slip into the bottom three as a consequence that we'll then be occupying for two weeks! Maybe a crucial decision about Rodgers may well be made over the international break if we lose tomnorrow and in the light of Viera's sacking today. Then again how many times have we said that this season now?! - plenty!

Edited by Guy
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Go on KansasFox say the immortal phrase which begins "if we lose this then..."

You know you want to.🤣

18 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

if Rodgers is on more than Ancelotti at real Madrid then we've proper ****ed it 

Funnily enough, I don’t think Carlo went back to Madrid for financial reasons - whilst you’d expect him to be on a wedge and a half, it’s possible he isn’t. 

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

if Rodgers is on more than Ancelotti at real Madrid then we've proper ****ed it 

L'equipe reported a while ago that Ancelotti was on £780k per month which equates to £9.35 per annum.

But we dont need Carlo to realise we've proper ****ed it do we.

3 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

There no point even talking about him nothing changes we lose he stays we win win he say see I told and still stays we draw he stays, fans walk out he stays, owner give freebies he stays, we play championship football he goes

With us...