Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, TeamRocket said:

Nah back to Celtic and then a new dim wit owner comes and gets wowed by how many Scottish cups he's won, wins a fa cup get triple the money and stays with till the cycle starts again

With us 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Show us your pay slip then 

What you on about?

I was specifically replying to "I don't know if it sounds true, but sounds believable". Not much of an argument that one is it.

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

There are no reliable sources for salaries imo, journos quote this stuff, was just expressing my doubt 

It is entirely possible given he is supposedly on roughly the same pay as Potter, less than pep, and prem pays more than the other leagues in general. 

I wasn't debating that, it was just your comment that was funny. 

You are right the PL pays more so I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers, or other managers, in this league are paid more than Italian clubs plus Benfica. I wouldn't expect him to be paid more than Ancelotti though, or even Potter.

But, as with everything, it's not Rodgers fault he is on a wage that people always refer too. If someone offers me a great wage I'm not gonna turn it down.

Edited by Fox92

21 minutes ago, Guest said:

"Before I came here this club was happy to just stay in the league" -> "our target for this season is 40 points". Puel would have been absolutely hammered for stuff like that.

Back to where we started, then? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I wonder if the boss has a relegation clause in his contract 

No doubt about it but regardless of the clause he won't be anywhere near this place if we drop. Wouldn't surprise me to see him fk off to Spurs in May when Conte is binned off.

13 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I wonder if the boss has a relegation clause in his contract 

He won’t need one. If we’re relegated and Top still doesn’t sack him then he’ll do a runner no doubt about it.

56 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What you on about?

I was specifically replying to "I don't know if it sounds true, but sounds believable". Not much of an argument that one is it.

Reading your posts and your reactions to other posts, it’s clear you still have a soft for Brendun. Or you are the man himself 

Please spare us the, ‘I can appreciate what he’s done for the club unlike others’

He fluked his way to an FA Cup win, something I’ll be forever grateful for, but he’s caused much more harm here than good 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Reading your posts and your reactions to other posts, it’s clear you still have a soft for Brendun. Or you are the man himself 

Please spare us the, ‘I can appreciate what he’s done for the club unlike others’

He fluked his way to an FA Cup win, something I’ll be forever grateful for, but he’s caused much more harm here than good 

A very weird and irrational post aimed at a poster who probably doesn’t count “disliking Brendan Rodgers” as part of his personality lmao 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We surely must have a short list of replacements or at the very least be drawing up a short list of potential managers to take over.

He seems lost at the minute but when you target players for the cold shoulder it rarely ends well for the Manager.

Look at Viera at Palace.

Vieira goes, so that leaves us , West Ham and Notts Forest as the only clubs in the bottom 9 to not fire the manager. Forest are meant to be near the bottom. It'll be interesting to see who blinks first, us or West Ham.

11 minutes ago, l444ry said:

A lot of waffle in that article.

Basically the major point that should be driven home is that Rodgers is doing an exceptionally poor job with the resources at his disposal.

This is not a bottom 3 squad, not in a million years but that is where Rodgers has us.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Some of my posts might be daft but I like to think I'm fair in terms of criticising and being positive of everybody. I post praise, or criticism, when I think it's needed and that applies to the players and managers whoever they may be at the time.

I don't just have all this anger towards him like some people on here. I post about football on an internet forum ffs.

Also, maybe we were the worse team in the FA Cup final but that happens. That's cup finals. Did Chelsea deserve to win their first Champions League trophy? No, they were the worse team, but that's what happens.

But if we could "fluke" any more trophies that would be great :thumbup: Considering we've been playing football since 1884 and Rodgers was the first manager to "fluke" it, I don't think it's actually as easy as you like to think. 

I’ve never said your posts were daft. You’re a good poster. But I think you definitely have a bit of a soft spot for Bodgers still. 

I don’t know how or why you don’t. He’s single handedly destroying the football club, your football club, my football club, potentially permanently. All whilst slandering our owner, the players who actually elevated Rodgers’ standing here and everyone else associated with the club, just to protect himself. And he’s getting away scot free. It’s pretty despicable behaviour really.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

32 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Interesting that the media is suddenly starting to wake up to the fact that Rodgers is a busted flush, also a very interesting article in the mail by Tom Collamose, about the clubs predicament but more interestingly about Jamie Vardy and his frustrations, unfortunately I don’t have a clue how to post links 😂 it would seem that stories are starting to be planted/leaked and makes me think the tide is starting to turn against Rodgers 

• Like 2