Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I want Rodgers out but I’m struggling with the opinion of flucking winning the fa cup after beating Man Utd and Chelsea. I’ll accept var helped us in the final but credit where credit is due. 

It wasn't a fluke. The only game we were lucky in was probably Brighton in the 5th round. "VAR helped us" in that it correctly ruled out a goal for offside. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Samilktray said:

A very weird and irrational post aimed at a poster who probably doesn’t count “disliking Brendan Rodgers” as part of his personality lmao 

Do you really think his comments are borne out of dislike? Even if true, what made him dislike him so much?

Not irrational to me, there's much about Rodgers managerial incompetence, disloyalty towards his own players, club owners, board and even supporters to make him a dislikable and a snivelling little self seeking creep. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...let us not get carried away, he has a name it doesn't follow that he will be a good manager!!!

He came here when we were so poor and desperate and he came for a draw, from the first whistle. Absolutely no ambition, and an inability to read a situation. 

If you look at his squad, it is full of talent, so many attacking players and wingers coming out of his ears.

Eze, Zaha,Olise and even Schlupp.

Chris Richards is in that team, we should be looking to pick him up.

But he bought those players, our manager bought Vestergaard, perez, Bertrand, Danny ward. 

You've convinced me, viera in. 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, so1 said:

Just a form of mental medication though. Much more stressful to hate them all.

Just think of the sheer amount of posts. Does Ric get paid by traffic and/or post count.lol. Drama has its rewards. Just not for us.

True, I just need to ‘get with the programme’. :D

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Corky said:

He has changed his mind so many times on what our expectations should be that I've no idea what we are aiming for.

Update - 19th - which will be his best professional achievement and one of the best managerial achievements in the history of the game 

I don’t want to see any i told you so’s today if we win. A minimum 5 match winning streak needs to happen before the he’s turned it around and I told you so’s start flying about. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Will get laughed at by some, but really think Rodgers will turn this around.

I and many others, I'm sure, hope he does for the sake of the Club we all love, I dont hate him, as a person, because I don't dissect everything he says, I just hate the lack of fight, ambition and inaction on the pitch and at board level, he will go regardless  of turning it round or not, it's just a matter of time, that time is now whilst we can fight to stay in the Prem, he doesn't have the ability to turn it round consistently.

• Like 1

Of the bottom 11, only 3 clubs have not sacked a manager this season: us, Forest and West Ham.

Imo, Villa and Wolves, and possibly Everton have replaced well.

The only other managerial change is Brighton.

Our board must have a list of possible replacements for Rodgers.

2 hours ago, majaco said:

Of the bottom 11, only 3 clubs have not sacked a manager this season: us, Forest and West Ham.

Imo, Villa and Wolves, and possibly Everton have replaced well.

The only other managerial change is Brighton.

Our board must have a list of possible replacements for Rodgers.

I wouldn’t even assume they have thought about it.  They’ve gone all in with Rodgers and it seems now that we have slept walked into this situation and the club still feel we are going to be just fine. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Reading your posts and your reactions to other posts, it’s clear you still have a soft for Brendun. Or you are the man himself 

Please spare us the, ‘I can appreciate what he’s done for the club unlike others’

He fluked his way to an FA Cup win, something I’ll be forever grateful for, but he’s caused much more harm here than good 

You don't fluke beating Man U and Chelsea at full strength on the way to a FA Cup win.

• Like 2

It doesn't matter if the FA Cup win was a fluke or not, the credit for that win has been used with interest, let's focus on the here and now, hopefully we can get out the mess we are in with some guts and determination, to be honest if we fluke our way to safety who gives a sh&t let's push on, if we lose today he HAS to go.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I want Rodgers out but I’m struggling with the opinion of flucking winning the fa cup after beating Man Utd and Chelsea. I’ll accept var helped us in the final but credit where credit is due. 

I didn't say it was a fluke, I said it was down to the squad. The fact we were lucky doesn't downplay it at all - even the best teams need a lot of luck to win knockout tournaments.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Update - 19th - which will be his best professional achievement and one of the best managerial achievements in the history of the game 

And we should be ecstatic and more grateful because before he came the best we could have hoped for was 20th (might have been a 24 team league back then and that meant we stayed up, but still...). Cvnt

1 hour ago, Mythyaar said:

Lose today and I'd imagine that will be that for Rodgers?

I'd be very surprised if he kept his job, especially after Palace's decision to dispense with Vierra's services this week.

I have convinced myself of the same, it will be the end. Ready to be disappointed again.