Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Hello from Rome.

They still love Ranieri.

This Irish pub is owned by someone from Highfields of all places.

The Guinness is still good.

They are Rodgers Out.

SALUTI, NERDS :beer:

IMG-20230318-WA0003.jpg

Is this a Haiku? If so it's my favourite Haiku.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Stinky said:

That's great but one, playing midweek at Southampton is a bit different than playing midweek in Europe, and two I'm on about the fans (like yourself possibly) who didn't buy the excuse last season and believe that midweek games make no difference, but will happily change their tune on the situation today

A very naive way at looking at it. It shows a genuine misunderstanding of what the issues have been for 18 months now. I understand that it is difficult to make the mental gymnastics work at the moment because there is very little to play with but our problems extend far deeper than tired legs.

Did I buy the excuses last season (as you say). Well yes, sometimes. But I still can’t get over leaving a man free on the edge of the box from a corner though. There isn’t some agenda against this team/Brendan. For 18 months each and everyone of them have been a waste of space. The manager, his players, his coaches, his medical staff - a waste. They’ve let their professional standards drop and consistently been below the requisite level. 

On todays game we undoubtedly benefitted from the extra few days rest. It was no surprise to see them tire in the last 25 minutes - we had a bit of a spell around ten minutes or so where we looked a bit better. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’m afraid it doesn’t work like that ….. they didn’t olay very well in the second half but a point there is decent. They haven’t lost at home since arsenal in mid September - their only defeat ……but yeah we should be winning these games ….

Objectively speaking, a draw away in the premier league is generally a good result (aside for a small number of poor teams at the bottom who’d you’d expect to beat). Win your home game and draw away right?

Plus all that you have said there is true re Brentford and I don’t agree with the posts saying we should have won ‘no excuses’.

However, this manager/team have surrendered so many opportunities in home games we should be winning and those few away games (Southampton and Bournemouth) that you would expect to win, that games are running out so we’re going to need to start winning somewhere to stand a chance :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A very naive way at looking at it. It shows a genuine misunderstanding of what the issues have been for 18 months now. I understand that it is difficult to make the mental gymnastics work at the moment because there is very little to play with but our problems extend far deeper than tired legs.

Did I buy the excuses last season (as you say). Well yes, sometimes. But I still can’t get over leaving a man free on the edge of the box from a corner though. There isn’t some agenda against this team/Brendan. For 18 months each and everyone of them have been a waste of space. The manager, his players, his coaches, his medical staff - a waste. They’ve let their professional standards drop and consistently been below the requisite level. 

On todays game we undoubtedly benefitted from the extra few days rest. It was no surprise to see them tire in the last 25 minutes - we had a bit of a spell around ten minutes or so where we looked a bit better. 

I'm not trying to state a case for him to stay. I'm just fed up of seeing people make shit up and twist things when as you say, there are plenty of genuine problems out there for people to point fingers at him without having to clutch that the FA Cup win was a fluke, VAR helped us out (it did its job), Rodgers did his best to make us lose it etc.

• Like 1

He's now reaping the Seeds of what he's sown. We're now looking worse than 3 years ago and he's struggling big time.

All of his own making. He took over a decent squad and instead of filling the gaps in the squd by signing the quality players needed.

He chose to buy versatlie players who are just average wherever they play but not quite good enough for this league.

We've lost the strong characters in the squad Morgan and Kasper and now morale and confidence is ebbing away from the players.

We need to win a few games ugly if that's what it takes to avoid relegation.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Objectively speaking, a draw away in the premier league is generally a good result (aside for a small number of poor teams at the bottom who’d you’d expect to beat). Win your home game and draw away right?

Plus all that you have said there is true re Brentford and I don’t agree with the posts saying we should have won ‘no excuses’.

However, this manager/team have surrendered so many opportunities in home games we should be winning and those few away games (Southampton and Bournemouth) that you would expect to win, that games are running out so we’re going to need to start winning somewhere to stand a chance :dunno:

Indeed, our last win was a few games ago now over an out of sorts Spurs - 11th February, gulp! I'd have taken a draw before KO today but in the light of others around us picking up points, most notably Leeds then a win was a must really. Anyway that must be the order of the day against Palace next,, especially in their predicament after the international break....

• Like 1

He will be massively pleased with a point today. To him its a win and a great performance. He can wax lyrical to the press about how we won the second half and came back from 1-0 down to a good team away from home pushing for Europe. When Top hears that he will think 'Yeah, Brendan is right' and as such he's bought himself a load more time (not that he didn't already stil have a load of time in the bank by the looks of it).

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

I'm not trying to state a case for him to stay. I'm just fed up of seeing people make shit up and twist things when as you say, there are plenty of genuine problems out there for people to point fingers at him without having to clutch that the FA Cup win was a fluke, VAR helped us out (it did its job), Rodgers did his best to make us lose it etc.

That's the second time you've lied about this.

Will you respond to me this time? Why do you get a kick out of making things up?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Hello from Rome.

They still love Ranieri.

This Irish pub is owned by someone from Highfields of all places.

The Guinness is still good.

They are Rodgers Out.

SALUTI, NERDS :beer:

IMG-20230318-WA0003.jpg

What a shit tele

OK he's slowly getting there 

A) Iverson for Ward ✓

B) Bring Cags back for Amartey 

C) stop playing Soumaré 

D) Stop dropping Mendy

E) You can make subs at other times except 60 mins 

F) Stop the stupid clap

G) Bin the notepad 

H) Fix your issue with Nacho - half ✓

• Like 1

Today, particularly 2nd half we were pretty decent. All in all a decent point against a side in good form and have a terrific home record. If we play like that for the remainder we will be okay, however I have said that a few times this season for it to be followed by false dawns and shite runs. Again though his subs baffle me. Mendy should be ahead of both Ndidi and Soumare currently. Vardy for Daka is pretty unimaginative and not going to change the game, and Praet is so limited I would rather play Tete who has been useless since his debut. 

I think the point and performance sadly has kept him in a job, I think with the international break upcoming a defeat and us dropping into the bottom 3 would have forced Top into action, give him time to get a replacement in and get some coaching into the players for the run in. Which to my mind means he is here til the end of the season. Sackings with less than 10 games to go almost always result in failure. If we had acted when we should have we could have got Emery/Lopetegui or even Dyche to give us a better chance of survival. If we pull the trigger we're going to shopping in the bargain bin and will likely end up with Benitez.

I'm still firmly Rodgers out, but it's not happening so as fans reckon our best chance of survival is to get behind the players and be as positive as possible, whilst almost ignoring Rodgers.

Ideal situation is he keeps us in by the skin of our teeth, gets offered another job/mutually agree to part ways and we can have a proper rebuild. Hopefully Boro blow up in the play offs and we can steal Carrick from them as his results and style have play have been fantastic.