Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 hours ago, TJQuik said:

That's the second time you've lied about this.

Will you respond to me this time? Why do you get a kick out of making things up?

On 17/03/2023 at 18:33, The Year Of The Fox said:

Reading your posts and your reactions to other posts, it’s clear you still have a soft for Brendun. Or you are the man himself 

Please spare us the, ‘I can appreciate what he’s done for the club unlike others’

He fluked his way to an FA Cup win, something I’ll be forever grateful for, but he’s caused much more harm here than good 

There you go. Don't worry about an apology, I'm sure you'll conveniently not receive your quote notification and miss this post anyway. 

Ps. There are thousands of posts on here everyday. Just because you haven't seen something posted doesn't mean it didn't happen 👍

11 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

How dare someone in the media write something negative about Brendan. I’m sure he will be getting his team on this pretty quick with a very positive article in the telegraph tomorrow.

Pity it's taken so long for just a few of the journos to come up with insightful artcles like this.  It's right on the ball.  If these had started to gather a few weeks ago there might have been a chance of Top and the board sitting up and taking notice.  I agree with others here that the point at Brentford, though lacking if you look below the surface, is probably enough with a Brendan-spin on it to ensure that he keeps his job till the end of the season.

17 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

How dare someone in the media write something negative about Brendan. I’m sure he will be getting his team on this pretty quick with a very positive article in the telegraph tomorrow.

37 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

As soon as the Spurs job becomes available you just know he will pay his media buddies to write a glowing article about him and his credentials he’s doesn’t give a shite about LCFC so why should we?

In all honesty, do you genuinely believe this is true? That besides being a football manager, he’s also some media mogul that controls everything that’s being said about him? 

35 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Hallelujah at last the media are scratching beyond the surface and seeing things are far from rosy and that the issues sit largely with Rodgers. I hope and pray something miraculous happens over these next few days that leads to a parting of the ways but off the back of a draw, I really cannot see it, I have now resigned myself that he will be here for the rest of the season and that we will do very well to stay in the division in spite of him rather than because of him. 

40 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

what I would give to have a manager with half of his drive at the helm of our side 

...I  totally understand where your coming from,  but Conte is looking for a way out as usual!!!

He finds ways of engineering a way out if his contracts.

For the Spurs board to accept this it would appear to be weakness, it is certainly what their supporters want to hear and they will back him (Conte).

A decision will have to be made, and the longer it is delayed, it will fester.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Hallelujah at last the media are scratching beyond the surface and seeing things are far from rosy and that the issues sit largely with Rodgers. I hope and pray something miraculous happens over these next few days that leads to a parting of the ways but off the back of a draw, I really cannot see it, I have now resigned myself that he will be here for the rest of the season and that we will do very well to stay in the division in spite of him rather than because of him. 

...he has already set the spin in motion as "possible  his greatest achievement...." should he keep us in the league.!!!

He has strategies in place and uses the media to his advantage. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

3 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Rodgers was criticised but throwing the club under the bus and now we wish he was more like Conte who just threw his club under a bus

Do you think Conte is the problem at spurs? He has hit the nail on the head, imo. He is a serial winner that can’t accept the attitudes of some players there, I don’t blame him for wanting to hit out. He’s clearly hoping to illicit a reaction from the players and/or the board.  

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

Conte was more loudly doing what Rodgers has been. Tactics aren't working, has spent good money and is trying to shift blame.

Both looking for a way out and attempting to make sure people think they have been hard done by.

I reckon Conte will be gone by midweek if not sooner, his rant in the press conference was with the sole intention of making his position untenable and he has most certainly achieved that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Credit to those who unfurled the Rodgers Out banner when he came over ar full time despite some idiots trying to rip it off them.

And bravo to those who booed during his patronising little t-rex arm hand clap towards them.

lol

That made me laugh far too much.

The reaction to a point at Brentford sums up how much Rodgers has dumbed down expectations amongst many.

How many of that Brentford side would get into Leicester’s best eleven? Toney, Raya and one of the midfield maybe? I would say with confidence that if you’d offered Thomas Frank our squad or his own at the start of the season, he’d have taken ours every day of the week. 

So what’s the difference? It’s the man in the technical area and how he’s utilising the resources at his disposal. A manager squeezing every ounce out of his squad vs one that is enabling serial underperformance.

Yet all I’m hearing is how it’s a great point against a side doing really well this season. It’s a baffling drop in standards with no change other than the manager spitting his dummy out and talking down everything to the point that those gullible enough to believe him suddenly have an embarrassingly low expectation bar.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Do you think Conte is the problem at spurs? He has hit the nail on the head, imo. He is a serial winner that can’t accept the attitudes of some players there, I don’t blame him for wanting to hit out. He’s clearly hoping to illicit a reaction from the players and/or the board.  

Not the only problem no but he's had 3 windows there, spent a lot of money and signed a fair few players. He is a top manager and because of that he should be doing better. It's not as though he's still working with somebody else's squad. That said because of his track record I feel Spurs would be daft to not be giving him what he wants

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The reaction to a point at Brentford sums up how much Rodgers has dumbed down expectations amongst many.

How many of that Brentford side would get into Leicester’s best eleven? Toney, Raya and one of the midfield maybe? I would say with confidence that if you’d offered Thomas Frank our squad or his own at the start of the season, he’d have taken ours every day of the week. 

So what’s the difference? It’s the man in the technical area and how he’s utilising the resources at his disposal. A manager squeezing every ounce out of his squad vs one that is enabling serial underperformance.

Yet all I’m hearing is how it’s a great point against a side doing really well this season. It’s a baffling drop in standards with no change other than the manager spitting his dummy out and talking down everything to the point that those gullible enough to believe him suddenly have an embarrassingly low expectation bar.

How many of that Brentford side would get into our side based off this seasons form between the two clubs? 9 or 10? I get what you're saying but we are where we are, and based off everything we've seen this season, the result was alright. The fact some are satisfied with that result when two or three years ago it'd have been a must win is another story.

7 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Not the only problem no but he's had 3 windows there, spent a lot of money and signed a fair few players. He is a top manager and because of that he should be doing better. It's not as though he's still working with somebody else's squad. That said because of his track record I feel Spurs would be daft to not be giving him what he wants

...the front door!!!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Obviously I don't watch much of Spurs but taking into account their bottling big games since 2016 rather surprised that Davies and Dier still a major part of their squad and not replaced. Still our problems are far worse