Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The reaction to a point at Brentford sums up how much Rodgers has dumbed down expectations amongst many.

How many of that Brentford side would get into Leicester’s best eleven? Toney, Raya and one of the midfield maybe? I would say with confidence that if you’d offered Thomas Frank our squad or his own at the start of the season, he’d have taken ours every day of the week. 

So what’s the difference? It’s the man in the technical area and how he’s utilising the resources at his disposal. A manager squeezing every ounce out of his squad vs one that is enabling serial underperformance.

Yet all I’m hearing is how it’s a great point against a side doing really well this season. It’s a baffling drop in standards with no change other than the manager spitting his dummy out and talking down everything to the point that those gullible enough to believe him suddenly have an embarrassingly low expectation bar.

In isolation a point at Brentford this season is OK. That other teams near us in league got points is a factor and we are drifting nearer the drop zone. A single point since the Spurs game is just dismal. We don't seem to be able to put in a performance across 90mins plus.

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

This is exactly my point though. The difference is form. And the main person responsible for that is the manager.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. I believe there is more quality in this Leicester squad than the Brentford one so let’s get rid of the cause of our poor form: Brendan Rodgers.

The biggest myth in football ever as footballers get old and decline, yes I am being a pedant I know, and I am not excusing Brendan, we are better than 25 points as a squad of players, we are assembled and coached as a group, badly, and as much as the manager is not a psychologist, his lack of dynamism and player motivation seems poor from the outside at least.

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Was arguing with two lads at full time who were saying 'We've just got a ****ing good point away at Brentford' when I said he needs to go.

My argument was that yes a point away at Brentford is decent, but in the context of the season it isn't enough and I'm thinking long term rather than 90 minutes. It'll be a good point if we beat Palace, but failing to beat them we're ****ed. It would have been a good point had we gotten something against Chelsea, but we didn't, context matters.

The Rodgers out crew are told to save it for after the game, they're then abused when they do so, they're told to sing it away from the pitch, they sing it in the concourse and are abused, sounds like they're being silenced to me...

Didn't hear much Rodgers out, yet on the tube back with other groups of Leicester and all 7 of them (100% of them) were all in agreement that he needs to go.

Major difference between ourselves and teams like Everton, their fans get on the back of the club alot more, they hound the manager out, ours are blinded by loyalty to the chairman, the manager and past glories. They think being against the manager makes you a bad fan, being for the manager makes you a great fan.

Bloke at HT was telling me you support Leicester through thick and thin, couldn't comprehend that us saying Rodgers Out meant that we still supported the club.

The same lot will stand up for the cameras clapping the lads for the last ten minutes as our relegation is about to be confirmed. 

Being Rodgers out. Being critical of the owners. Calling the players out for their shit IS supporting the club. I wouldn’t be happy with a 2 points over 2 games against Brentford even in League One. There’s this group of fans who have this weird obsession/loyalty towards Top/Brendan and will let them sell the club to Notts County, redevelop the stadium as a ice rink and charge them £90 a week to just be associated with the club - I guarantee you these same fans will be sat there screaming SUPPORT THE CLUB. 

Their loyalty is to Top and Brendan

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The same lot will stand up for the cameras clapping the lads for the last ten minutes as our relegation is about to be confirmed. 

Being Rodgers out. Being critical of the owners. Calling the players out for their shit IS supporting the club. I wouldn’t be happy with a 2 points over 2 games against Brentford even in League One. There’s this group of fans who have this weird obsession/loyalty towards Top/Brendan and will let them sell the club to Notts County, redevelop the stadium as a ice rink and charge them £90 a week to just be associated with the club - I guarantee you these same fans will be sat there screaming SUPPORT THE CLUB. 

Their loyalty is to Top and Brendan

And what does your brand of loyalty achieve compared to those others?

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

what I would give to have a manager with half of his drive at the helm of our side 

I would be livid if Rodgers said this and I'm sure most other fans would be as well. I remember his "before I came in, Leicester were happy with surviving relegation" nonsense which is similar to what conte has said and that didnt go down well.

9 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I would be livid if Rodgers said this and I'm sure most other fans would be as well. I remember his "before I came in, Leicester were happy with surviving relegation" nonsense which is similar to what conte has said and that didnt go down well.

I agree. Conte’s comments yesterday were very poor. 

fraud  /ˈfrɑːd/  noun
plural frauds
Britannica Dictionary definition of FRAUD

: the crime of using dishonest methods to take something valuable from another person
[noncount]
  • He was found guilty of bank fraud.
  • credit card fraud
[count]
  • He was the victim of an elaborate fraud.
 see also wire fraud
[count]
: a person who pretends to be what he or she is not in order to trick people
  • He claimed he was an elite football manager, but he turned out to be a fraud.
: a copy of something that is meant to look like the real thing in order to trick people
  • The UFO picture was proved to be a fraud.
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Was arguing with two lads at full time who were saying 'We've just got a ****ing good point away at Brentford' when I said he needs to go.

My argument was that yes a point away at Brentford is decent, but in the context of the season it isn't enough and I'm thinking long term rather than 90 minutes. It'll be a good point if we beat Palace, but failing to beat them we're ****ed. It would have been a good point had we gotten something against Chelsea, but we didn't, context matters.

The Rodgers out crew are told to save it for after the game, they're then abused when they do so, they're told to sing it away from the pitch, they sing it in the concourse and are abused, sounds like they're being silenced to me...

Didn't hear much Rodgers out, yet on the tube back with other groups of Leicester and all 7 of them (100% of them) were all in agreement that he needs to go.

Major difference between ourselves and teams like Everton, their fans get on the back of the club alot more, they hound the manager out, ours are blinded by loyalty to the chairman, the manager and past glories. They think being against the manager makes you a bad fan, being for the manager makes you a great fan.

Bloke at HT was telling me you support Leicester through thick and thin, couldn't comprehend that us saying Rodgers Out meant that we still supported the club.

I believe there is hell of a lot of misconceptions,misunderstanding between fans,

most even agreeing with each other,somewhere along those 2 lines within little differing perspectives…

It the toxicity and vile repetative,frustrated posts from adults who should be able to show some knee-jerk game day reaction,but more decorum over the week..

lies and spoap-opera personal agendas,going way OTT every week,loses the forum and argument credibility….Shoving phrases or thoughts he has not shown only in the minds perspective of some posters…Many that over the years have shown a better restraint and logic…now have gone dooalli..!
This is what has created the vast space of perspectives on the forum…

where on the fencers,or moderate but strongly out, hate the lynch mob mentality,so put up a sort of club defensive wall,not on Rodgers but the way people go around with it…keep crying shite,crap,imbecile,becomes a sort of

cry wolf storm…And then over analysing the young & new players,try to find their way after stars have failed..

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I believe there is hell of a lot of misconceptions,misunderstanding between fans,

most even agreeing with each other,somewhere along those 2 lines within little differing perspectives…

It the toxicity and vile repetative,frustrated posts from adults who should be able to show some knee-jerk game day reaction,but more decorum over the week..

lies and spoap-opera personal agendas,going way OTT every week,loses the forum and argument credibility….Shoving phrases or thoughts he has not shown only in the minds perspective of some posters…Many that over the years have shown a better restraint and logic…now have gone dooalli..!
This is what has created the vast space of perspectives on the forum…

where on the fencers,or moderate but strongly out, hate the lynch mob mentality,so put up a sort of club defensive wall,not on Rodgers but the way people go around with it…keep crying shite,crap,imbecile,becomes a sort of

cry wolf storm…And then over analysing the young & new players,try to find their way after stars have failed..

Christ That was a tough read. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It the toxicity and vile repetative,frustrated posts from adults who should be able to show some knee-jerk game day reaction

You literally called me an idiot a few weeks ago and a troll yesterday 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

The biggest myth in football ever as footballers get old and decline, yes I am being a pedant I know, and I am not excusing Brendan, we are better than 25 points as a squad of players, we are assembled and coached as a group, badly, and as much as the manager is not a psychologist, his lack of dynamism and player motivation seems poor from the outside at least.

Hang on… up until about a year ago BR used youth and inexperience (even though average age was just under 27) as the reason we capitulated so often!! 

If the same players have gone from inexperienced to past it in one season they’ve completely bypassed their prime years!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

And what does your brand of loyalty achieve compared to those others?

Hopefully, combined with others and being extremely vocal instead of burying heads in the sand, possibly, just possibly, Top might just wake from his slumbers, see sense and sack the charlatan. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Hang on… up until about a year ago BR used youth and inexperience (even though average age was just under 27) as the reason we capitulated so often!! 

If the same players have gone from inexperienced to past it in one season they’ve completely bypassed their prime years!

I was more referring to our perpetual get-out-if-jail card, Vardy.

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Hopefully, combined with others and being extremely vocal instead of burying heads in the sand, possibly, just possibly, Top might just wake from his slumbers, see sense and the charlatan. 

So you think this will do what? Top sacking Rodgers I assume? Don’t you think the fact that players are seemingly still playing for him, yesterday was arguably better than the last four games for example, and supporting the team now might cause us to survive? I get it’s looking like it’s going to be fine margins either way, so a new manager may indeed reinvigorate this team, but if the players are invested already, the bounce equally could not be as pronounced as would be hoped.  :dunno:

• Like 1