Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

This is an interesting insight into how many think.

Lots of people criticising or saying things contrary to my personal belief? Fake news. Bots. Can’t state why but will just try and discredit.

The mood not being sunshine, lollipops and rainbow happiness? I personally can’t handle that so I’m going to show my intolerance to anything other than positivity.

It’s why a discussion about Rodgers right now will often divide into those who are using facts (like win rates, league position or in-game statistics) and criticising based on factors like wage spend, recruitment success and expected performance. Those who want him out.

And then those who want everyone to “get behind the lads” or who question who better we could get right now or believe the narrative he’s spun in his press conferences and interviews. They can’t bear the thought of ‘negativity’ and they want him to remain.

At this point, it feels very much a line between those objectively assessing the situation and those who are subjectively holding on to some belief or opinion in the face of all logic.

Sorry, it’s not that at all, I just find being negative about things beyond your control is unwise as it’s self perpetuating. The bot comment was a bit childish I admit and a failed attempt to be light hearted.

Edit Although reading it again your response was very condescending and eye wateringly self righteous, but the bot comment probably was no better so alls fair, etc!  :thumbup:

I edited this after your reaction I think, so it’s only fair that I re tag you @Freeman's Wharfer

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

The longer he stays the worse his legacy will be. I currently have him as our second GOAT but if he relegates us or even survives but continues this dismal run into next season he will just be remembered as a total fraud who inherited a beautiful team but couldn't rebuild when several players were either sold, gold old or injuries killed them. Puel really handed an amazing crop of players on his lap.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ceebeefox said:

Watching Sheff Utd and Blackburn tells you that they can’t be playing for him! This game is 5 yards quicker than we play at!!

I'm pretty sure that's how the twat wants us to play, just doesn't realise that only man city can play like that with confidence, but even they don't, they close you down and attack like madmen. I'm reading all the pleas for balanced discussion. But what's not balanced about we are playing shit, he has made us this way, get rid of him. Etc. Etc. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Those that want to back the club through thick and thin and keep faith with a manager for as long as possible don't half have a very passive way of doing so at games, other than to argue with fans who have a lower pain threshold for misery and anguish. 

I wouldn't mind if the staunch support was just that and the positivity spurred the team on but it couldn't be further from the truth. They don't want to hear anything either way, just a soulless and characterless vacuum. 

I don't necessarily blame our fans this time around though, they've often been like it. This is on the board.

Under Ranieri it was the board that acted and not because of a large swathe of vitriol week in, week out on the terraces.

It was the board who acted when Shakespeare was sacked as all the fans had fell asleep and it was the board who acted when Puel had lost the plot for months and months. Our fanbase would politely clap themselves in to an abertoire and I don't ever see that changing.

This is on the board to do what's right. 

100%

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Those that want to back the club through thick and thin and keep faith with a manager for as long as possible don't half have a very passive way of doing so at games, other than to argue with fans who have a lower pain threshold for misery and anguish. 

I wouldn't mind if the staunch support was just that and the positivity spurred the team on but it couldn't be further from the truth. They don't want to hear anything either way, just a soulless and characterless vacuum. 

I don't necessarily blame our fans this time around though, they've often been like it. This is on the board.

Under Ranieri it was the board that acted and not because of a large swathe of vitriol week in, week out on the terraces.

It was the board who acted when Shakespeare was sacked as all the fans had fell asleep and it was the board who acted when Puel had lost the plot for months and months. Our fanbase would politely clap themselves in to an abertoire and I don't ever see that changing.

This is on the board to do what's right. 

I think this stems from the whole, football? Completed it mate, kinda attitude from the fans, The ambition should have been to kick on, I’ll say it again, if Vichai was still alive 100% this wouldn’t be happening now. 

• Like 4

So, it's yet another Monday we've gained a whole point and the Fraud is still leading us into the promised land of the Championship. Please just fcuk off somewhere else Rodgers, anywhere will do.

• Like 3

Saw a post on Reddit saying the girl who took the “Rodgers Out” banner was not only given verbal abuse, but spat at (see: assaulted) 

Is this the case? Fvcking beggars belief if true.

It's a catch 22 situation with Rodgers. Really don't want us to get relegated as it could seriously impact us financially and the majority of our squad will leave but if we do stay up, there is a chance Rodgers stays and oversees the rebuild which would also be disastrous. If we stay up he should do the honourable thing and say he's done all he can and resign. We all know that won't happen though and if we do get rid, it's going to cost us. Only was he resigns is if we're relegated. 

22 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Was arguing with two lads at full time who were saying 'We've just got a ****ing good point away at Brentford' when I said he needs to go.

My argument was that yes a point away at Brentford is decent, but in the context of the season it isn't enough and I'm thinking long term rather than 90 minutes. It'll be a good point if we beat Palace, but failing to beat them we're ****ed. It would have been a good point had we gotten something against Chelsea, but we didn't, context matters.

The Rodgers out crew are told to save it for after the game, they're then abused when they do so, they're told to sing it away from the pitch, they sing it in the concourse and are abused, sounds like they're being silenced to me...

Didn't hear much Rodgers out, yet on the tube back with other groups of Leicester and all 7 of them (100% of them) were all in agreement that he needs to go.

Major difference between ourselves and teams like Everton, their fans get on the back of the club alot more, they hound the manager out, ours are blinded by loyalty to the chairman, the manager and past glories. They think being against the manager makes you a bad fan, being for the manager makes you a great fan.

Bloke at HT was telling me you support Leicester through thick and thin, couldn't comprehend that us saying Rodgers Out meant that we still supported the club.

I had similar where I was sat. As soon as the banner came out, the lad in front of me shouts “fvck off man, support your team”.

I said hang on, but they’re calling for the manager to go? Not the players? His response was “yeah true but still gotta support the team”. 

The most bizarre interaction. You’ve hit the nail on the head with your last point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Saw a post on Reddit saying the girl who took the “Rodgers Out” banner was not only given verbal abuse, but spat at (see: assaulted) 

Middle aged men doing it as well. Our fanbase is on arse.  

Horrid Tory mentality in our fanbase at the minute. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Middle aged men doing it as well. Our fanbase is on arse.  

Horrid Tory mentality in our fanbase at the minute. 

It really is a fetish for the idea that things can’t get better and to accept mediocrity. Reflects our current society and is almost akin to the USSR. 

Guest Col city fan

I’m confused that anyone is torn over whether to back Bodgers or not!?

Can’t everybody see the gradual decline that has happened during his tenure?

It’s as clear as crystal to me.

@Ric Flair got it spot on. Even if we DO avoid relegation, it’ll still have been a shocking season all told.

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Pond life. Unfortunately quite a lot following our club at the moment.