Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It really is a fetish for the idea that things can’t get better and to accept mediocrity. Reflects our current society and is almost akin to the USSR. 

Always the same bootlicking demographic that demand you are grateful no matter what. 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Too many into the little old Leicester trope as well. 

I know its a meme but a certain demographic really defines themselves by the ‘we were in league one not so long ago’ fact/comment. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Too many into the little old Leicester trope as well. 

You have to know the history of the city and its people to understand this mentality. My father"s family have been here for centuries. They are undemonstrative and extremely disinclined to make a fuss. Its deep in their nature and the match day crowds will reflect that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I want relegation because it’s the only way this guy leaves. 

You should never want your own club to be relegated, and it's sad that you hate Rodgers that much. 

Either that or you're lying. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I want relegation because it’s the only way this guy leaves. 

whilst I don't want us to be relegated, if we stay up, Rodgers is likely still gonna be here and perhaps most worryingly will have money to spend again. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

You should never want your own club to be relegated, and it's sad that you hate Rodgers that much. 

Either that or you're lying. 

I don't instinctively want us to get relegated. I want what's best for the club.

• Like 2

Just now, westernpark said:

I don't instinctively want us to get relegated. I want what's best for the club.

I don't understand how relegation would be what's best for the club. Literally just the fact you want Rodgers gone? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

I don't understand how relegation would be what's best for the club. Literally just the fact you want Rodgers gone? 

Those are the reasons for on the pitch. You are clearly pro-Rodgers, so there's no point elaborating on the damage he is doing to the club. In the stands, there needs to be a purge of supporters who only come to watch us because it's a Premier League game. The atmosphere needs restarting and the club may rebuild trust again with supporters, once they realise they need the ticket money more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Best for the club would have been Rodgers out after the poor start in the summer. Now he's not going anywhere, the 2nd best option is to start in the PL and get rid of him in the summer.

Yeah I agree, but the statement is made with my opinion that he won't leave if we stay up.

6 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yeah I agree, but the statement is made with my opinion that he won't leave if we stay up.

This is where people shouldn't be worried about being vocal about him not being good enough.  Seeing bubbling of it in the press now, and its possible to support the team and let Rodgers know he's not up to scratch. 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Dames said:

Always the same bootlicking demographic that demand you are grateful no matter what. 

It’s very much a British thing at the moment. I’ve noticed it becoming moreso over the past few years with fewer people giving a toss and more people accepting the bare minimum.

Certain posters have ridiculed me for suggesting this (probably kids I suspect) but I think it’s very apparent. The way that Leicester fans have just seemed to accept the decline of the club, without real protest (the odd isolated banner, for which the holder gets spat on!) is a case in point.

These ‘stars’ earn more money in one week than most of us earn in a year. Yet they’ve been under/performing now for a long time in a City shirt. And don’t get me started on Rodger’s salary! It’s a disgrace to be quite honest.

Yet, the bulk of Leicester fans STILL just sit there, spouting keep the faith.

That’s their choice. But it shows apathy and an acceptance of ‘Little old Leicester’.

38 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Best for the club would have been Rodgers out after the poor start in the summer. Now he's not going anywhere, the 2nd best option is to stay in the PL and get rid of him in the summer.

This is indeed the best plan, but do you have any faith in this happening?? 

My feeling is that if we aren’t relegated the board will feel vindicated for sticking with BR and will restructure the squad with him at the helm.

I hate this thought - a whole summer of realisation that he’s here to stay

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s very much a British thing at the moment. I’ve noticed it becoming moreso over the past few years with fewer people giving a toss and more people accepting the bare minimum.

Certain posters have ridiculed me for suggesting this (probably kids I suspect) but I think it’s very apparent. The way that Leicester fans have just seemed to accept the decline of the club, without real protest (the odd isolated banner, for which the holder gets spat on!) is a case in point.

These ‘stars’ earn more money in one week than most of us earn in a year. Yet they’ve been under/performing now for a long time in a City shirt. And don’t get me started on Rodger’s salary! It’s a disgrace to be quite honest.

Yet, the bulk of Leicester fans STILL just sit there, spouting keep the faith.

That’s their choice. But it shows apathy and an acceptance of ‘Little old Leicester’.

It’s how thick people accept their lot in life. 

33 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Those are the reasons for on the pitch. You are clearly pro-Rodgers, so there's no point elaborating on the damage he is doing to the club. In the stands, there needs to be a purge of supporters who only come to watch us because it's a Premier League game. The atmosphere needs restarting and the club may rebuild trust again with supporters, once they realise they need the ticket money more.

I'm not sure things will get better on the pitch if we do go down. 

Take Burnley, yes they're having a great season in terms of being top of the Championship, and this side play more attractive football than the teams they had in previous season's under Dyche, but is the team better? I wouldn't say so. Before they had players like Mee, Tarkowski, McNeil, Pope - all of them are probably better than anyone they have at the club at the moment. Nathan Tella is scoring goals for fun for them currently, but he's not a Premier League quality forward. They'll have to spend a decent wedge if they want to be competitive next season in the league. 

Imagine if we go down and we lose the likes of Barnes, Maddison, Castagne, Ricardo, Iheanacho, KDH, Ndidi, on top of Youri already going - we're not going to replace them with players of anywhere near the same quality, so I really don't think things will be better on the pitch. At least if we stay up, we can have a good go at rebuilding this side, as long as we spend wisely. 

The Premier League is a commercial juggernaut, too. Parachute payments won't last forever, and if we didn't come straight back up then the club would be in a very shit position. Going down will cause us a lot of issues. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

My feeling is that if we aren’t relegated the board will feel vindicated for sticking with BR and will restructure the squad with him at the helm.

If we stay up he's going nowhere IMO.

So we're in for another 12 months of this.

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I don't have complete faith it will happen. But, if we keep the Rodgers out chants going, and make it clear that survival shouldn't be vindicated, then the board are going to have to do something come the summer. I don't think a knight in shining armor like Spurs are coming calling either, so this giant reset we have needs to be the club looking at different options. I don't trust Rodgers with a rebuild, because i think he looks at mini projects withing the bigger project (trying to 'fix' players) and i don't think his style gets the best out of people anymore.

On 19/03/2023 at 13:28, Leicester_Loyal said:

Was arguing with two lads at full time who were saying 'We've just got a ****ing good point away at Brentford' when I said he needs to go.

My argument was that yes a point away at Brentford is decent, but in the context of the season it isn't enough and I'm thinking long term rather than 90 minutes. It'll be a good point if we beat Palace, but failing to beat them we're ****ed. It would have been a good point had we gotten something against Chelsea, but we didn't, context matters.

The Rodgers out crew are told to save it for after the game, they're then abused when they do so, they're told to sing it away from the pitch, they sing it in the concourse and are abused, sounds like they're being silenced to me...

Didn't hear much Rodgers out, yet on the tube back with other groups of Leicester and all 7 of them (100% of them) were all in agreement that he needs to go.

Major difference between ourselves and teams like Everton, their fans get on the back of the club alot more, they hound the manager out, ours are blinded by loyalty to the chairman, the manager and past glories. They think being against the manager makes you a bad fan, being for the manager makes you a great fan.

Bloke at HT was telling me you support Leicester through thick and thin, couldn't comprehend that us saying Rodgers Out meant that we still supported the club.

Should have started to sing "Stand by your man" at him. Terse, accurate, mocking. No nonsense.