Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, ParkerPen said:

whilst I don't want us to be relegated, if we stay up, Rodgers is likely still gonna be here and perhaps most worryingly will have money to spend again. 

I agree to a point..  My perception of things is that the club seems to have clawed a bit of power back with new player acquisitions so hopefully there is a chance we'll get some half decent players in as the January window showed it was possible (I've not given up on Tete just yet, I just don't think Rodgers tactics and setup play to his and quite a few others strengths)

However we may still have to put up with the BrendanBall even with the new crop of players, (oh fooking joy on that front, I so can't wait to be bored to death for yet another season) and all of his personality traits of being an  arrogant, egotistical, blame shifting.....yeah we all know them by now, won't dissappear overnight, in fact his promotion of Brand Brendan will probably go into HyperDrive. 

Look my greatest achievement of keeping us up has been realised. 

See I told you how I was the right man for the job.

The board were so right in sticking by me. 

The only good thing is if he does get his long overdue refresh he has  bitched about not having and we are no better off then hopefully it will be enough rope to finally hang himself.

However he's such a media spinning, snake oil salesman he'll probably plant the seed very early on in pre-season that such a re-build will need time to gel, or time for my wonderfull brilliance to sink in  eveyone need to reconnect to the lost philosophy of the club ....  etc, etc.

Edit. I must point out that if he's still here next season  and after the refresh I Don't want us to fail  lin any form,  just so I can say 'I Told You So' .

If the toad does manage to pull it around and we start getting results then I'll be happy as pig in poo (and just have to live with my dislike of the cretin) because he's finally doing what he's paid to do.

Edited by Guppys Love Child

44 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s very much a British thing at the moment. I’ve noticed it becoming moreso over the past few years with fewer people giving a toss and more people accepting the bare minimum.

Certain posters have ridiculed me for suggesting this (probably kids I suspect) but I think it’s very apparent. The way that Leicester fans have just seemed to accept the decline of the club, without real protest (the odd isolated banner, for which the holder gets spat on!) is a case in point.

These ‘stars’ earn more money in one week than most of us earn in a year. Yet they’ve been under/performing now for a long time in a City shirt. And don’t get me started on Rodger’s salary! It’s a disgrace to be quite honest.

Yet, the bulk of Leicester fans STILL just sit there, spouting keep the faith.

That’s their choice. But it shows apathy and an acceptance of ‘Little old Leicester’.

I don't think age actually has much to do with it, the year we got relegated to League One was probably the year me and my mates started following us properly and going to games regularly as a group, having gone sporadically from probably 2000 onwards with parents or whatever. As good as League One and the subsqequent Championship campaign were following years of dull football, I wouldn't be happy to watch us drop down again just because we've been there before. Then factor in there will be a whole generation who probably can't even fathom Leicester not being in the top flight, so I don't think you can label it as being kids accepting mediocrity, it probably just comes down to each individual and what they get out of football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Staggered reading some of the replies to that girl on twitter. 

A lot of absolute wronguns in our away ends. 

I am convinced after the last two matches in particular that the fanbase isn't split, it's about 70/30 in favour of Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

It’s very much a British thing at the moment. I’ve noticed it becoming moreso over the past few years with fewer people giving a toss and more people accepting the bare minimum.

Certain posters have ridiculed me for suggesting this (probably kids I suspect) but I think it’s very apparent. The way that Leicester fans have just seemed to accept the decline of the club, without real protest (the odd isolated banner, for which the holder gets spat on!) is a case in point.

These ‘stars’ earn more money in one week than most of us earn in a year. Yet they’ve been under/performing now for a long time in a City shirt. And don’t get me started on Rodger’s salary! It’s a disgrace to be quite honest.

Yet, the bulk of Leicester fans STILL just sit there, spouting keep the faith.

That’s their choice. But it shows apathy and an acceptance of ‘Little old Leicester’.

From my experience its actually the younger fans that are less willing to accept the bare minimum and are the most vocal about the decline. Its the older fans that demand we be grateful. You should see some of the headloss they have when you dare question the direction of the ownership of the club. Its like you've pissed on the family dog. Also its the ones that are more likely to moan about free speech but are then spitting on a girl exercising her right to her own. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I don't think age actually has much to do with it, the year we got relegated to League One was probably the year me and my mates started following us properly and going to games regularly as a group, having gone sporadically from probably 2000 onwards with parents or whatever. As good as League One and the subsqequent Championship campaign were following years of dull football, I wouldn't be happy to watch us drop down again just because we've been there before. Then factor in there will be a whole generation who probably can't even fathom Leicester not being in the top flight, so I don't think you can label it as being kids accepting mediocrity, it probably just comes down to each individual and what they get out of football.

Age has 100% everything to do with it. The fans that started off as working class in the 80s/90s and have all moved out to the villages and become middle class now make up a huge chunk of our match going support. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Age has 100% everything to do with it. The fans that started off as working class in the 80s/90s and have all moved out to the villages and become middle class now make up a huge chunk of our match going support. 

It was more aimed at the kids point

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

You have to know the history of the city and its people to understand this mentality. My father"s family have been here for centuries. They are undemonstrative and extremely disinclined to make a fuss. Its deep in their nature and the match day crowds will reflect that.

...I think you will find that there was a vociferous clamour for Martin O'neil's head at that Sheffield game, and Brian Little did not think it was a tea party when he came back to us with his new team!!!

We have a voice, the majority are just not inclined to use it. The game has become sanitised to an extent and homogenous in it's outlook.

The distribution of tickets has impacted on the feel of the club. In the attempt to eradicate the undesirables coming through the doors, there is a certain passion and emotion that is left walking down the street, and we need that energy back into the club.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I think you will find that there was a vociferous clamour for Martin O'neil's head at that Sheffield game, and Brian Little did not think it was a tea party when he came back to us with his new team!!!

We have a voice, the majority are just not inclined to use it. The game has become sanitised to an extent and homogenous in it's outlook.

The distribution of tickets has impacted on the feel of the club. In the attempt to eradicate the undesirables coming through the doors, there is a certain passion and emotion that is left walking down the street, and we need that energy back into the club.

This really nails it for me I think. Thinking more about it, I think it is the sanitisation of the game that has had the biggest impact.

You’re right. I was at the game where fans were spitting on O’Neill. That’s not something I’d have done personally (cos it’s feckin disgusting) but Christ, the hostility at that game was palpable. 
And I actually do agree. It’s probably us ‘older lads’ who are generally less bothered about LCFC now. I’ve stated before that winning the league for me and my mates was the pinnacle.. it would always go downhill from that point onwards. And it has, although faster than we predicted!

So age has probably got little to do with it actually. It’s more I guess that frustration is vented in different ways nowadays. Going back in time, there was no Foxes Talk, for example, so a forum like this couldn’t be used as a platform for offloading or keyboard warriorism.

I guess I AM still somewhat surprised at the younger generation of fans amongst us though. There seems to be so little direct confrontation/protest against what is happening at the club. But again, I guess it’s just ‘easier’ for people to come on here and to slag off Brendan, Top, and Col for his views, than it is to actually try to do something about it eg protest, boycotting matches etc. 
That’s the part that’s changed I reckon. Social media enabling keyboard protest rather than actual protest.

3 hours ago, Pete52 said:

I don't understand how relegation would be what's best for the club. Literally just the fact you want Rodgers gone? 

If we'd stayed up under Holloway and Pearson didn't come in, would we have been better off? Obviously we cannot answer that for certain but I understand the principle.

Survival this season is critical but it doesn't resolve the short or long term future of this club. Survival may mean Brendan stays and that could be as detrimental to our future as relegation and the financial headache. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Did I see someone spat at her? Vile cvnts. 

Apparently yes. Although to be fair she didn't see it or realise at the time.

But you are right. Lowest of low behavior. And grim not only because it's proper wrong un activity in the 1st place. But I presume they don't watch football with their eyes if they still believe the Irish moaner is the man for the job.

And also theyare probably the same cretins who love Gary Lineker and his right to freedom of speech. But God for bid you raise a banner attacking the decisions made by free donut FC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

whilst I don't want us to be relegated, if we stay up, Rodgers is likely still gonna be here and perhaps most worryingly will have money to spend again. 

I just cant believe how deluded you bunch are. its not even funny anymore to troll.

:plancque:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Best for the club would have been Rodgers out after the poor start in the summer. Now he's not going anywhere, the 2nd best option is to stay in the PL and get rid of him in the summer.

2nd best option is get rid now , and stay in the PL, which would happen.

• Like 1

I think that irrespective of staying up or being relegated that Brendon will go at the end of the season.

It's clear his time is up here. There will be plenty of takers if we stay up and he can leave with his reputation enhanced (blame it all on lack of recruitment)

Put yourself in his shoes, what makes sense? Staying on for the pay-off? or joining Spurs....

3 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

I think that irrespective of staying up or being relegated that Brendon will go at the end of the season.

It's clear his time is up here. There will be plenty of takers if we stay up and he can leave with his reputation enhanced (blame it all on lack of recruitment)

Put yourself in his shoes, what makes sense? Staying on for the pay-off? or joining Spurs....

I dont wanna be grateful to spurs for anything !

that wont happen though

5 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i think if BR wasnt so stubborn etc and could change, IE tactics/formation and actually give the team so backbone and fight he'd be alright

but you cant make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

Never going to happen. He's a system man and is not going to change given the success he's had when he has the right players in place. At any club. Its one thing against Man.City or Liverpool when your outgunned but on a regular basis its not going to happen. Teams play a particular style because they have to be at their optimum level in this league. Think instinctual=fast vs.having to think=slower. Wish I could find the Arsenal Amazon series where they were playing like crap for 3 or 4 matches and Arteta comes out and says he's not going to change the way they play. These guys spend so much time training in a particular system for months(optimization) that it has to be impossible to change the whole thing up in a couple of weeks. Tweaking or making a small change is something entirely different. Seen Rodgers do this all the time.

This club made a decision at the highest level to commit to a way of playing when they hired Puel and Rodgers. Its on the club if they want to change and start over because they are unable to supply the level of investment required to play this style of football at this level.

Life without a Vardy firing on all cylinders was always going to be issue and until that giant hole is filled its going to be a struggle.

Still think Rome wasn't built in a day and covid didn't help the owners or the players. Commitment is hard when things aren't going well. 

• Like 2

Rodgers is going to be on Undr the Cosh in a few years with the most hilarious part being how despite various attempts, he just couldn’t get the sack at Leicester. 

Pre World Cup didn’t he say something along the lines of “the owner may need to make a difficult decision and I understand” even then our fool of an owner didn’t take the hint. 

Rodgers isn’t anywhere near this club if we go down. The only positive scenario for us as a club includes/m: 1) staying up by any means necessary: 2) Rodgers going; 3) Top either selling up or his mummy calling him back in for tea. We don’t have a positive future with dumb and dumber at the helm. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

If we stay up and keep Brendan we'll have another miserable season but there's a chance Rudkin might make a good decision with the next manager.

If we go down they'll be more of a financial crisis, Top and Rudkin may still be making poor decisions, and I'm not sure we'll come back straight up away.

I'll berudgingly take the first option were I forced. I'd hope Brendan would **** off if we avoid relegation.

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we'd stayed up under Holloway and Pearson didn't come in, would we have been better off? Obviously we cannot answer that for certain but I understand the principle.

Survival this season is critical but it doesn't resolve the short or long term future of this club. Survival may mean Brendan stays and that could be as detrimental to our future as relegation and the financial headache. 

That is my concern - if we stay up, what is actually going to change to mean we don't just continue to circle the drain? Are we going to operate any differently? Are any of the people whose repeated failings have led us here going to be in any danger of being replaced? If instead all that happens is we just get Rudkin to hand out silly money to another batch of players for Rodgers to drain of all confidence and complain about then I fear we are just delaying the inevitable.

This is also why I find the "nah just keep doing what we're doing and we'll be fine" rhetoric coming from manager and players a little concerning, bland thoughtless positivity for PR purposes though it may be. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

i think if BR wasnt so stubborn etc and could change, IE tactics/formation and actually give the team so backbone and fight he'd be alright

but you cant make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

I’m really not happy with where he’s led the club over the last two seasons but we’re four years into the Rodgers era and we have to stop saying that he doesn’t change formations when he constantly changes formations. 

https://www.footballcritic.com/leicester-city-fc/formations/489/65452

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Sorry if posted elsewhere, but Jordan Blackwell has published a lovely assessment of Saturday in the Merc. 

Fair points made and well written 

Thanks for letting us know, Jordan! :P

I’ll definitely read it today. 

• Haha 1