Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

15 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I agree to a point..  My perception of things is that the club seems to have clawed a bit of power back with new player acquisitions so hopefully there is a chance we'll get some half decent players in as the January window showed it was possible (I've not given up on Tete just yet, I just don't think Rodgers tactics and setup play to his and quite a few others strengths)

However we may still have to put up with the BrendanBall even with the new crop of players, (oh fooking joy on that front, I so can't wait to be bored to death for yet another season) and all of his personality traits of being an  arrogant, egotistical, blame shifting.....yeah we all know them by now, won't dissappear overnight, in fact his promotion of Brand Brendan will probably go into HyperDrive. 

Look my greatest achievement of keeping us up has been realised. 

See I told you how I was the right man for the job.

The board were so right in sticking by me. 

The only good thing is if he does get his long overdue refresh he has  bitched about not having and we are no better off then hopefully it will be enough rope to finally hang himself.

However he's such a media spinning, snake oil salesman he'll probably plant the seed very early on in pre-season that such a re-build will need time to gel, or time for my wonderfull brilliance to sink in  eveyone need to reconnect to the lost philosophy of the club ....  etc, etc.

Edit. I must point out that if he's still here next season  and after the refresh I Don't want us to fail  lin any form,  just so I can say 'I Told You So' .

If the toad does manage to pull it around and we start getting results then I'll be happy as pig in poo (and just have to live with my dislike of the cretin) because he's finally doing what he's paid to do.

We're already there. He was backed in January and it's no better. He's just not a very good manager.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Think this season has probably cost Rodgers the chance of a big 6 club.

Noooo.

We’re lucky to have him, we’ve not backed him and couldn’t possibly hold him back, he deserves another opportunity, at a big club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're already there. He was backed in January and it's no better. He's just not a very good manager.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly with you on that bud.  The guys a total fraud when it starts to get a bit sticky.

But the backing /refresh in Rodgers' eyes will need to be 5 or 6 players and not just a very cleverly worded  "2 new acquisitions and 1 on loan"  

Edited by Guppys Love Child

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Ahhh case solved people! It's not Brendan's fault after all. Close the thread

It's amazing how unimportant managers are when their teams not winning. But we must credit him for the FA cup win

Guardiola has said , managers are overrated and he is right. Their main job is motivation . He is good at it and so was Clough. Rodgers on the other hand...........

23 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Guardiola has said , managers are overrated and he is right. Their main job is motivation . He is good at it and so was Clough. Rodgers on the other hand...........

So right. In what other job could a guy be sacked for poor results and then get rehired days or weeks later in a similar post.

Motivation and the instilling of self-belief is by far the major part of a manager's job. Clough was the prime example of a man exuding so much confidence in himself that it transferred to his players year after year. Revie, who apparently hated Clough, managed to collect one of the great footballing squads together, yet was an introvert by nature. This resulted in a strange club mentality. Leeds United never won the number of trophies their excellence warranted. That they were unwilling and unable to adapt to Clough showed how Revie had created closed mentality in his squad.

Rodgers own peculiar, self-interested psyche has subdued the confidence and expressiveness of the squad.

I wonder whether even Guardiola could rescue the team.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is what he's done to large parts of the fanbase - genuinely made out like we're a Bournemouth, Huddersfield level club and one that's lucky to even be here. If any of this bullshit was true he'd never have cme here in the first place. This relegation would be as big a disgrace as Everton going - probably worse given what we've recently achieved. I could almost live with a shocker of a season if it was being treated as such, but large parts of the fanbase just seem OK with it. If we survive they still deserve virtually an empty ground for a lap of 'honour' and if we're relegated they deserve substantially worse. There's no plucky underdog here. Relegation would be a complete and utter disgrace.

This is it, isn’t it. 

He came here and the Celtic fans couldn’t believe he gave up the chance to make history with them. 

His stock was high and that was after a rebuild.

He could quite easily have been in the running for a few top7 - top 10 clubs. 

So why did he choose Leicester who “were just happy to stay up”. What a kind fella to give us his genius and beat the odds. 

It’s all rubbish. The squad, the investment etc. what was achieved was EXACTLY what all parties concerned were aiming for and more importantly, invested for. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 4

If they did want him, I think we'd do a deal. The club are praying we get to the summer still in the PL and they go their seperate ways IMO. If they came for him now and we thought we could get someone else to steady the ship then I'd not be surprised to see it happen and be badged as a great opportunity for both parties.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If they did want him, I think we'd do a deal. The club are praying we get to the summer still in the PL and they go their seperate ways IMO. If they came for him now and we thought we could get someone else to steady the ship then I'd not be surprised to see it happen and be badged as a great opportunity for both parties.

I think you are right mate I think the original plan was Conte would be staying at Spurs till the end of the season and then Brendan would take over in the summer.

I hope Rodgers has the same agent as Jenas because that man works harder than the devil himself. 

Either way I can see us playing hardball with Spurs over the fee and Levy moving on very swiftly. As much as people want this to happen our board are very naive and will assume that because a big 6 club might want Rodgers they'll be able to fleece them. 

This could all end in a new deal for Rodgers and it wouldn't surprise me. 

The thing is, if he does go to Spurs, what the hell do we do? Feels like we would be better off waiting till the summer for a permanent appointment, as we won't be able to get anyone decent in immediately. Would there be anyone half decent who would come in as caretaker until the end of the season?

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Ahhh case solved people! It's not Brendan's fault after all. Close the thread

It's amazing how unimportant managers are when their teams not winning. But we must credit him for the FA cup win

Do you not accept the players' responsibility in all of this or do you put it all on the manager?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Do you not accept the players' responsibility in all of this or do you put it all on the manager?

Well yeah if the managers job is so minimal let's get someone in on a tenth of what we're paying this clown. Tye players have been shit but it's a hell of a coincidence that so many of them have dropped off at the same time. I just find it interesting that these kind of excuses haven't been afforded to our other failing managers