Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It won’t happen but can you imagine if it came out in a few months that spurs made an approach for rodgers and we didn’t allow it because they weren’t prepared to pay any level of compensation ??

On a serious level - would you believe that was possible ??

Yes.

26 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

The thing is, if he does go to Spurs, what the hell do we do? Feels like we would be better off waiting till the summer for a permanent appointment, as we won't be able to get anyone decent in immediately. Would there be anyone half decent who would come in as caretaker until the end of the season?

Whilst it’s valid point it’s not necessarily about that for me, it’s about stopping the suffocation.

Like the “it’s too late” argument (of which I still don’t understand), too late for what? We need to stay up, it’s stick or twist and I don’t see that under Rodgers, so I’d rather twist and die trying.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The mental gymnastics people try to use to defend this bloke is almost cult like

"Mental gymnastics", can't get my head around that one.

The fact of the matter is everyone at the Club have made mistakes from the owner through the board to the manager, training staff and not least the players.

I am just staggered, given all of that, the blame has to stop at one person's door and that his head should role, absolutely barmy!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is what he's done to large parts of the fanbase - genuinely made out like we're a Bournemouth, Huddersfield level club and one that's lucky to even be here. If any of this bullshit was true he'd never have cme here in the first place. This relegation would be as big a disgrace as Everton going - probably worse given what we've recently achieved. I could almost live with a shocker of a season if it was being treated as such, but large parts of the fanbase just seem OK with it. If we survive they still deserve virtually an empty ground for a lap of 'honour' and if we're relegated they deserve substantially worse. There's no plucky underdog here. Relegation would be a complete and utter disgrace.

Truly agree with a lot of this. 

I know there's been some talk of older fanbase but it does feel as though we have a large amount of supporters who are thankful for where we and think it's just a flash in the pan as opposed to wanting more success. Honestly, yes we have over achieved but we are still capable of being a top half team pushing for European places. Anything short of that should be considered a bad season given our spend, wage budget and you have to say facilities available. Already our training ground should be punching the higher ends of the league, laughable to think it would be owned by a potential Championship club who are lucky to be in the Prem.

Ranieri dared us to dream, Rodgers does not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

The fact of the matter is everyone at the Club have made mistakes from the owner through the board to the manager, training staff and not least the players.

I am just staggered, given all of that, the blame has to stop at one person's door and that his head should role, absolutely barmy!!

It's no more staggering than you trying to absolve him of any blame. You're quite right, there's blame throughout the club but that shouldn't be used as a defence of Rodgers

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's no more staggering than you trying to absolve him of any blame. You're quite right, there's blame throughout the club but that shouldn't be used as a defence of Rodgers

You haven't read a thing I've written. I have not absolved BR of any blame at all. Please read my post again instead of trying to misconstrue what I've said.

The one thing we probably do agree on is this thread should be closed.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

You haven't read a thing I've written. I have not absolved BR of any blame at all. Please read my post again instead of trying to misconstrue what I've said.

The one thing we probably do agree on is this thread should be closed.

Isn't that exactly what you did with my post? 

Yeah it does. We're stuck with him whether we want him or not and every side of the argument has been exhausted 

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

"And gentlemen outside Leicester now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Ranieri’s day."

Leicester City FC circa 2015-1016

"Your fault, Your fault, it's definitely not my fault"

Leicester City FC circa 2021-2023

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

“The proven track record: Brendan Rodgers.

Leicester may be in a slump but, under Rodgers, they have won more trophies in the past 15 years than Tottenham. Rodgers has experience of rebuilding struggling teams and a title challenge with Liverpool, a treble with Celtic and a FA Cup with Leicester show he is quite good at turning things round with limited resources.”

:crylaugh: 

:nigel:

Crikey, I mean where do you start with that.

Bit in bold is true and that’s all down to Rodgers innit…

45 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Imagine Levy trying to justify why he’s taken the bloke managing Leicester in 17th. 

Not a chance.

Levy has wanted Brendan for a long time I don’t think we will stand in their way should they come calling. Please God they do and we can appoint Tuchel

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It won’t happen but can you imagine if it came out in a few months that spurs made an approach for rodgers and we didn’t allow it because they weren’t prepared to pay any level of compensation ??

On a serious level - would you believe that was possible ??

the board still seem fully in support of Rodgers, could genuinely see them trying it on for big compensation from Spurs or worse, offering him a new contract to deter spurs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As mad as this might seem, Rodgers would do quite well there.

Depends. His footballing philosophy has changed a lot. He's not an attacking coach anymore. If his negativity and suicidal tactics faltered at Spurs he would be under intense scrutiny much quicker.

Thinking on this today I am worried for our survival if Spurs do sack Conte and Rodgers doesn't get the job. I imagine he and his agent will be working on getting the job as Rodgers will know this will be the closest he'll ever be again to getting back to managing a top club. If he's rejected it will no doubt send him into another tantrum and his last one at the start of the season did enormous damage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Who would have thought it, someone like Brendan Rodgers, paid all that money to Manage, Oversee Training, establish tactics, and gameplan for each match, depending on who we play, and setting  the tone, and being held accountable for the performances, and not be criticised or called out for failing on just about every level. You are correct in that those above him who have kept him here are just as much to blame, but he shoulders 50% those above the other 50%, the players shoulder some as well but most the time they follow his instructions.

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I’ve never seen anyone say nobody else in the club is at fault. The general consensus is the problem are at owner/board level and with the manager.

I think the reason Rodgers gets the brunt is quite honestly that he is responsible for first team performance and results. This is the 90 minute per week that supporters see the results of. 

Also, the very fact that so many managers get sacked every season at every level shows that they are usually held accountable for teams underperforming/having collapsed in form.

I would therefore say it’s far from staggering that Rodgers gets the bulk of the pelters. 

He is actually the luckiest manager going in terms of the level of scrutiny he is facing even from his own fan base in terms of what he is providing on field, relative to the salary he is on and the backing he has had (last summer aside).

Edited by LCFCJohn

1 hour ago, Matt said:

From the article:

“The proven track record: Brendan Rodgers.

Leicester may be in a slump but, under Rodgers, they have won more trophies in the past 15 years than Tottenham. Rodgers has experience of rebuilding struggling teams and a title challenge with Liverpool, a treble with Celtic and a FA Cup with Leicester show he is quite good at turning things round with limited resources.”

:crylaugh: 

:nigel:

Crikey, I mean where do you start with that.

What we do is we encourage this craziness and agree wholeheartedly!!

• Haha 1