Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

You can't argue with facts, and I see you've made the effort to prove that he is better than Puel, which I agree wholeheartedly. 

We have historically not been a title contender, it is sadly true. This doesn't mean we can not be going forward. Some will think, who do you think we are? I think we are Leicester Fu cking City mate!

I am sure if you look hard enough, you can find incompetence anywhere, and also achievements like the Charity Shield, which is of no significance to me...

I don't believe BR to be incompetent, but I do believe he is underachieving (therefore this warrants serious analysis to see if someone could be doing a better job), also I do not believe him to be humble enough to search within (A major flaw), to see why the team is under performing (that would be a progressive manager), thus, I have my opinion, that I believe it best for LCFC, and possibly himself that we are to end the working agreement.

I see a VERY worrying trends continued from the last 2 seasons.

We create very few goal scoring opportunities from open play! 

We believe we will out pass the opposition defence its becoming cringeworthy, like playing Hey Jude when either of the Scousers come to town.

We are over reliant on our star player to produce a "moment" from nothing to win a game.

We can not defend well any set piece.

We very rarely score from a set piece.

We can punish when we press, but we are passive far too often.

We only start playing when the game is gone, or almost gone.

We are becoming an arrogant team, one that I do not like, this comes from the Manager.

I believe we are sleepwalking into a crisis!!!!!!!!!

Against Arsenal we deserved to lose. We can not defend from a set piece.

Against Brighton we deserved to lose, we punished 2 errors, yet created noting from open play.

Against Brentford we deserved nothing (saved by Tielemans).

Against Spartak we were saved by Daka

Against Man U we deserved to win (Yet they were terrible) Nice to see us press from the front, but have to acknowledge we were allowed too.

Against Palace we crumbled in defence, very very unconvincing...

Against Legia it was a thoroughly disgraceful performance! This is where BR lost me.

Against Burnley we deserved nothing, lucky to escape with a point at home.

Millwall deserved win. (Job done, but it's Millwall in a cup that is no ones priority)

Against Brighton I actually thought we were the better team (but we can not defend set pieces).

Against Napoli we couldn't defend against a physical opponent, threw away 2 goals, see Palace.

Man City are better at being Old Barcelona than we are. No complaints.

Norwich were punished for 2 errors, we created nothing in open play. See Brighton.

Wolves couldn't score, a little like the Brentford game, their attack let us off the hook.

It gave me no joy to write the above. I want us to be the best we can be in all aspects of football. Our club has some wonderful aspects, but I believe these are diminishing with every poor result. That I am unable to Forgive BR for, in this "golden age" as a Leicester fan, because the potential at the club is so high, but the results are so lacking. We all know where our best players will be if we finish mid table, it will not be with a fox on their chests, and the Recruitment department, Academy or both, will have a huge job to do, and do it very well, for us to return to the higher places within this division.

Bang on

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Personally I think it’s excellent management being shit early in the season with a plan to be brilliant towards the end…. He’s addressed our issues in that sense ;) 

If his plan is to do what he has done the past 2 seasons, but in reverse, how is that 'Progression'?

Standing still in this league, is going backwards.

As long as Levy doesn't upset Conte, that's Conte/Pep/Tuchel/Klopp cementing the top 4 for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Well he's made us a top 5 side for 2 seasons. I'm not sure why you think this squad is definitely a top 4 side, when there's around a 30 year trend of it being incredibly difficult to break into the top 4. 

I'd kinda argue the opposite and say that BR has got this squad overachieving by finishing 5th twice and winning the FA Cup. 

Of course he’s got it over achieving, It’s not even a debate. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Did I say it had? I said at the moment! Going on what people are saying they shouldn’t even be there because their squad isn’t as strong as the big 6 

Yeah, fair point. It’s weird, because surely we recognise, more than most, that there are outliers. The link between money and success is disgustingly clear in football, but there are occasional exceptions.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

We absolutely did not deserve to lose the Brighton game.

We absolutely did not deserve to beat Wolves or Brentford, we didn't deserve a point against Napoli.

We were 'fortunate', to get a point at Palace, and could easily have lost at home to Burnley.

Let's not pretend Rodgers's tenure has been one where we've played well but been unlucky with results, it's quite the opposite.

We played well when he first arrived, and the first 6 months of his first full season, but since then we have been horrifically inconsistent with performances. Our technical abilities look to have worsened, our players certainly look for more tired and less able physically.

Our performances have been dire all season, with the exception of a 4-2 win over Man United, who were completely abject and we still conceded 2.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

People can laugh and joke about 'Moyesy' all they like, West Ham currently have a better structure, organisation and also play with more attacking flair than at any time Rodgers has been here.

No way are they better than we were from September to December 2019.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

No way are they better than we were from September to December 2019.

You sound like a Forest fan bragging about their success decades ago....

Moyes has put West Ham in a stronger position than us, in a lesser time, that's all that matter right now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, fair point. It’s weird, because surely we recognise, more than most, that there are outliers. The link between money and success is disgustingly clear in football, but there are occasional exceptions.

We would be so much better if we didn’t do silly mistakes e.g corners or buy a Southampton defence lol 

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

We would be so much better if we didn’t do silly mistakes e.g corners or buy a Southampton defence lol 

The defence seems like root of our issues, but to blame it in Jannick or Ryan only, is a bit to simplistic. I blame Villarreal. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

You sound like a Forest fan bragging about their success decades ago....

Moyes has put West Ham in a stronger position than us, in a lesser time, that's all that matter right now.

Oh right, so Moyes has played better football than us in the last two weeks then? Let's not go back too far to suit the argument you created.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The defence seems like root of our issues, but to blame it in Jannick or Ryan only, is a bit to simplistic. I blame Villarreal. lol

It’s definitely a combination of things but hopefully when Fofana and JJ are back it will be like having 2 new signings 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

We absolutely did not deserve to beat Wolves or Brentford, we didn't deserve a point against Napoli.

We were 'fortunate', to get a point at Palace, and could easily have lost at home to Burnley.

Let's not pretend Rodgers's tenure has been one where we've played well but been unlucky with results, it's quite the opposite.

We played well when he first arrived, and the first 6 months of his first full season, but since then we have been horrifically inconsistent with performances. Our technical abilities look to have worsened, our players certainly look for more tired and less able physically.

Our performances have been dire all season, with the exception of a 4-2 win over Man United, who were completely abject and we still conceded 2.

I wouldn't call our performances "dire". You're better off with "inconsistent".

Why didn't we deserve to beat Wolves? If I recall they had two good chances and missed them. We probably missed good chances too. But in terms of that game we had more possession, more shots on target and more corners.

I get fed up of hearing about Brentford. They did not deserve to beat us. We even had more shots on target than them. They were direct and had a few pot shots, no way did they deserve to beat us.

The Manchester United win was our best performance, I can agree with that. We did not deserve to lose at Brighton, although we only started once being 2 down which is basically what happened on Saturday against Arsenal. We were better than Burnley.

• Like 1

Leicester fans have this trait where they like to focus on the latest successful team. It was Brighton last month. Now it’s West Ham. 

Take a look at West Ham’s fixtures and they have been fortunate. No one mentions that they lost to Man U and Brentford at home and also drew to Palace throwing a two goal lead away. Their wins are Newcastle, Leicester, Leeds, Everton, Spurs and Villa. There’s also a draw at Southampton. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

Just now, Fox92 said:

Why didn't we deserve to beat Wolves? If I recall they had two good chances and missed them. We probably missed good chances too. But in terms of that game we had more possession, more shots on target and more corners.

I get fed up of hearing about Brentford. They did not deserve to beat us. We even had more shots on target than them. They were direct and had a few pot shots, no way did they deserve to beat us.

The Manchester United win was our best performance, I can agree with that. We did not deserve to lose at Brighton, although we only started once being 2 down which is basically what happened on Saturday against Arsenal. We were better than Burnley.

I don’t how you claim we didn’t deserve to win at Brentford and Wolves but then say we didn’t deserve anything from Brighton 

Guest StevieLynex

Rodgers said something in his interview with Radio Leicester about the lack of physicality in defence when defending corners, quoting Morgan as the sort of player he was thinking of in terms of the latter. Well he had £15m to spend to improve things and ended up with Vestergaard -only himself to blame

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t how you claim we didn’t deserve to win at Brentford and Wolves but then say we didn’t deserve anything from Brighton 

Eh? I said we deserved to beat Brentford and Wolves and also "did not deserve to lose at Brighton".

Have I worded it wrong??

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

The I wasn’t aimed at you. Poor English from me. More the general point that some like to make that claim 

Oh I'm with you now. Thought I'd worded it wrong then lol

Yeah I completely agree with you.