Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

I specifically remember him saying this at the Q and A, stating he didn’t want a lamppost upfront. Saying it’s weak to have a plan B because it ultimately means you don’t believe in Plan A. Unfortunately, the Birch reminded him that we did have a 30 million pound one on the books(Slimani).

First time I’ve heard of this, but it’s entirely believable 

I was talking to a Rangers fan at a Killers gig last year, both just come back from our semi final away defeats. He told me that Rodgers’ Plan B is to do Plan A better. He nailed it.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2023 at 19:30, An Sionnach said:

Style and other fancy pants bullshit can take a hike when you need to rescue a game. If you have giant like Souttar , you use him to disrupt defenses. Huth was a serious weapon for us during the championship season.

I agree with what you’re saying but 
Huth wasn’t there during the championship season. I can’t remember using him as a forward. 

24 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I agree with what you’re saying but 
Huth wasn’t there during the championship season. I can’t remember using him as a forward. 

Could be wrong but think this is in reference to the three goals Huth scored in our Premier League winning season.

• Like 1

Very optimistic of people to think that Spurs would go for Rodgers. Potchetino and now Julian Nagelsman are both available. Despite what certain neutrals and pundits say, it would seem that owners and CEOs, the people who matter in football, don't think too much of him. The Chelsea job opened up earlier this season and were no rumours of them going for him. Aston Villa, a historic club looking to break into the Europeon places seemingly showed no interest and there is soon to be a vacancy at Spurs and any rumours of him going there are tenous at best.

The question isn't just where do we go after Rodgers, it's where does Rodgers go after us? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Very optimistic of people to think that Spurs would go for Rodgers. Potchetino and now Julian Nagelsman are both available. Despite what certain neutrals and pundits say, it would seem that owners and CEOs, the people who matter in football, don't think too much of him. The Chelsea job opened up earlier this season and were no rumours of them going for him. Aston Villa, a historic club looking to break into the Europeon places seemingly showed no interest and there is soon to be a vacancy at Spurs and any rumours of him going there are tenous at best.

The question isn't just where do we go after Rodgers, it's where does Rodgers go after us? 

i can see him somewhere like palace. i don't think any of the top 6 go near him

5 hours ago, so1 said:

If we're going to use anecdotal knowledge. Does Arsenal count? Supposedly they we're interested. Part of the reason Top offered him a new contract. There were other rumors as well. Rodgers rightfully commands more respect from people who know infinitely more about football than anyone on this forum. Play on.

And that was well over 3 years ago. I think the poster was talking just a little bit more….current.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, so1 said:

If we're going to use anecdotal knowledge. Does Arsenal count? Supposedly they we're interested. Part of the reason Top offered him a new contract. There were other rumors as well. Rodgers rightfully commands more respect from people who know infinitely more about football than anyone on this forum. Play on.

There's really no arguing with stupid. Delusional!

Alot of people are underestimating his hold on the club, and relationship with Top, I have given up hope he will go before the end of the season, if we manage to stay up, he we will stay, for a rebuild, I think subconsciously we all know it.

Off course I could, and hope I'm wrong.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

There's really no arguing with stupid. Delusional!

:appl:Calling people names......how social media. Is that the best you got or will you waste more of your precious life posting insults about someone you don't even know.:frusty:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, so1 said:

:appl:Calling people names......how social media. Is that the best you got or will you waste more of your precious life posting insults about someone you don't even know.:frusty:

Rodgers got exactly what he wanted from those "rumours," A bumper new deal. Nothing more than fan talk and tabloid filler linking him away. All whilst he had us flying high in the champions League spots.

There's better managers in the big European club merry-go-round and he's on the side failing to jump on.

49 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Rodgers got exactly what he wanted from those "rumours," A bumper new deal. Nothing more than fan talk and tabloid filler linking him away. All whilst he had us flying high in the champions League spots.

There's better managers in the big European club merry-go-round and he's on the side failing to jump on.

I don't necessarily mind the fact he got a new deal. We were on a brilliant run & playing some really impressive football.

It's the fact it was *SIX* years that completely baffles me. He's totally crippled any bargaining power the club had over him with that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, so1 said:

Not that I agree with throwing insults around. But you don’t really help yourself. You don’t add anything of substance to the debates on here, simply just a Brendan fanboy….

Such as my reply to your post this morning. Do you think that supposed interest (which may or may not have been true) over 3 years ago holds any relevance now when he is constantly not in the ring for the big jobs despite openly gagging for them?