Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

This is the problem with Brendan, his fixation and stubbornness that his plan A is the only way, means when it isn’t working then it must be the players fault, that they don’t have the quality etc when in reality it’s the tactics and a tweak here and there could make all the difference and what is a decent group of players click again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

This is the problem with Brendan, his fixation and stubbornness that his plan A is the only way, means when it isn’t working then it must be the players fault, that they don’t have the quality etc when in reality it’s the tactics and a tweak here and there could make all the difference and what is a decent group of players click again. 

Don’t forget he’s now found a Plan B to use Souttar as a makeshift striker and put the smallest player on the pitch Pappy to fill the Void in fence when Souttar goes up front 😉 

6 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Don’t forget he’s now found a Plan B to use Souttar as a makeshift striker and put the smallest player on the pitch Pappy to fill the Void in fence when Souttar goes up front 😉 

Must have taken hours and hours of deliberation, sleepless nights, and war gaming for him, to come up with that plan B.

1 hour ago, shailen said:

I genuinely think there are three significantly worse teams than us (on paper) and that hopefully we can play to 85% of our maximums and cut out silly errors. That should be enough to keep us in the league. 

I understand what you're saying but football isn't played on paper.  It's about confidence, desire, tactics and hard work.  We seem to be one of the worst teams at most of those traits at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I understand what you're saying but football isn't played on paper.  It's about confidence, desire, tactics and hard work.  We seem to be one of the worst teams at most of those traits at the moment.

Based on what, how often do you watch the other teams other then snips on MOTD or the odd live game.

There is little between the bottom 8.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Based on what, how often do you watch the other teams other then snips on MOTD or the odd live game.

There is little between the bottom 8.

I do watch quite a lot of football.  It's a struggle to name 3 worse teams than us on current form.

• Like 1

He's the same price to go to Spurs as Harry Redknapp is. Sadly that's another club who see through him - we're about the only ones who don't at this point, we're going to have to actually do the hard bit and boot him.

You just know if we crumble at Palace it'll be "we couldn't risk going into Villa 3 days later with an interim" as justification for keeping him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Pete52 said:

No, not all of us are. 

Genuinely interested to know what the future is you see with him. He has what, 2 seasons after this on until summer 2025 on his contract. 

Do you want him to be given a new contract? Could we have back to back relegations and be starting the 2024/25 season in League 1 and would you still want him/want him given a new contract?

Just intrigues me as managers and players move on, they don’t stay forever and the club will be here after Rodgers. Even if you hold a view that he has credit in the bank not to be sacked, surely another club taking him would be a desirable outcome for all parties?

If it’s not to do with credit in the bank and you think he is genuinely the man to take us forward, what are those ambitions? 

Lots of questions I know, but it does interest me. The last one is, what, if anything, would it take for you to be at a stage where even if it’s with a heavy heart (as I think it was for most with Ranieri) that it’s time for him to go?

• Like 4

Jumped yet another hurdle and survived the International break, the horrible little cretin. 

Of the 7 wins, 5 teams we beat have now fired their managers this season  and those teams around us seem to have more stomach for the fight.

• Like 2

On 21/03/2023 at 14:26, Fox92 said:

Spurs are attractive enough to get a better manager than Rodgers. I'll be very surprised if Rodgers ends up going to Spurs.

I know Nuno is used as an example but it was well reported he was about 6th choice.

In the last decade they'e been managed by Conte, Mourinho and Pochettino.

The way Conte has acted might make them decide to go for a manager they feel is easier to control. I can see them going for Rodgers as a possibility.

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Genuinely interested to know what the future is you see with him. He has what, 2 seasons after this on until summer 2025 on his contract. 

Do you want him to be given a new contract? Could we have back to back relegations and be starting the 2024/25 season in League 1 and would you still want him/want him given a new contract?

Just intrigues me as managers and players move on, they don’t stay forever and the club will be here after Rodgers. Even if you hold a view that he has credit in the bank not to be sacked, surely another club taking him would be a desirable outcome for all parties?

If it’s not to do with credit in the bank and you think he is genuinely the man to take us forward, what are those ambitions? 

Lots of questions I know, but it does interest me. The last one is, what, if anything, would it take for you to be at a stage where even if it’s with a heavy heart (as I think it was for most with Ranieri) that it’s time for him to go?

Good questions, I'm yet to find any Rodgers supporters who can give a decent answer as to why he should stay other than he won the fa Cup and he hasn't been backed. The latter of them isn't even a decent answer as he's spent a fortune since he's been here but then of course they say things like he has nothing to do with recruitment. I guess it was just a coincidence that the club brought in Celtics head of recruitment and that decision had nothing to do with Rodgers. 

• Like 1