Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Please Spurs take this fraud from us

Not a chance. He's only listed amount the joke candidates, which indicates how much his stock has fallen. Whilst there are several in the media who still elevate his 'stock', he's not in any sort of demand for any of the big jobs. In the last 12 months we have seen Man U, Chelsea and now (likely) Spurs turn their noses up at him from the big 6. There isn't a big job waiting for him.

Whilst no good for us, it highlights to me that if (or when) we sack him I genuinely don't think there will be much outrage. There will be the usual crap about us not appreciating what he has done for us (by people who are not subjected to Brendan ball every week), but the football world moves on quickly and in a few weeks no-one will care. 

Starting to feel if we lose to Palace he will be gone.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Not a chance. He's only listed amount the joke candidates, which indicates how much his stock has fallen. Whilst there are several in the media who still elevate his 'stock', he's not in any sort of demand for any of the big jobs. In the last 12 months we have seen Man U, Chelsea and now (likely) Spurs turn their noses up at him from the big 6. There isn't a big job waiting for him.

Whilst no good for us, it highlights to me that if (or when) we sack him I genuinely don't think there will be much outrage. There will be the usual crap about us not appreciating what he has done for us (by people who are not subjected to Brendan ball every week), but the football world moves on quickly and in a few weeks no-one will care. 

lol

For the sake of everyone's mental health (And also the atmosphere in the stadium) - everyone needs to come together and accept that he isn't going anywhere before summer. 

It would be so unbelievably clear that the owners/board don't watch our games (Or maybe just don't understand the severity of the situation we're already in) should we lose on Saturday & they sack him. 

• Like 1

On 25/03/2023 at 10:19, Koke said:

This video makes me sad but also happy at the same time.  I find myself going back to watch the 19/20 and 20/21 season for happiness. Shame Rodgers has completely lost the plot.

You could do a montage of similar quality using the goals from this season alone. Even the goal against Brighton in that video was from a shit 1-2 loss last season.

The problem with this team isn't the highlight reel at the top of the pitch, with the quality of players we have we will always score attractive goals. The problem is that we're pretty much guaranteed to concede one goal a game from our passing round the back, which is at Rodger's instruction. We did it in 19/20 and 20/21 as well but teams didnt press us as much.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

lol

For the sake of everyone's mental health (And also the atmosphere in the stadium) - everyone needs to come together and accept that he isn't going anywhere before summer. 

It would be so unbelievably clear that the owners/board don't watch our games (Or maybe just don't understand the severity of the situation we're already in) should we lose on Saturday & they sack him. 

I felt this before the international break, but Viera and Conte going has made me rethink. But i am 'content' with the fact that its likely he won't be going anywhere. I'm not a mental health mess beating myself up about it.

Palace is a must win. Lose and i think its us finished without a change. So if we don't pull the trigger on Brendan after that, then i get it, but i'd be putting all my dollars on us being a certainty to get relegated. 

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

No point even thinking about Spurs. Conte has gone because Naglesmann is coming in. That is all. 

35 and never played at any real level is a real risk. I think Pochettino is the man the players want.

17 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

No point even thinking about Spurs. Conte has gone because Naglesmann is coming in. That is all. 

I read this morning that Nagelsmann is holding out for Real Madrid. Unless Ancelotti retains the CL, they'll finish the season trophyless. Probably curtains for him if that's the case.

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

I read this morning that Nagelsmann is holding out for Real Madrid. Unless Ancelotti retains the CL, they'll finish the season trophyless. Probably curtains for him if that's the case.

Ancelotti will likely get the Brazil job - he wins either way. 

• Like 1

Spurs are being linked with Naglesmann, Pochettino, Enrique. Not chance they go for Rodgers unless everybody rejects them and he ends up with it like Nuno did. But even then I think they'd try Brighton first for Di Zerbi.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Spurs are being linked with Naglesmann, Pochettino, Enrique. Not chance they go for Rodgers unless everybody rejects them and he ends up with it like Nuno did. But even then I think they'd try Brighton first for Di Zerbi.

Think they'd even look at Silva or Frank before Rodgers. 

43 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Had the misfortune of catching a bit of Talksport this morning.

Saying what a fantastic manager Rodgers is and he's done a great job with no money to spend and he'd be a good choice for Spurs. 🤞

When that beautiful day comes & he gets the boot I am staying well clear of social media for at least a week. 

It will be unbearable listening to how incredibly he performed with such an average squad & how entitled us Leicester fans are after our 'fluke' in 2016. 

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Good questions, I'm yet to find any Rodgers supporters who can give a decent answer as to why he should stay other than he won the fa Cup and he hasn't been backed. The latter of them isn't even a decent answer as he's spent a fortune since he's been here but then of course they say things like he has nothing to do with recruitment. I guess it was just a coincidence that the club brought in Celtics head of recruitment and that decision had nothing to do with Rodgers. 

I agree with all of that of course. The Congerton things gets conveniently glossed over time and time again.

I asked the questions as I’m genuinely interested in what it’d take those who are still ‘in’ at this point to change. It’s not to get on anyones case and I enjoy the debate!

In the case of the poster I quoted, although the reasons you have quoted above do appear in there, he is willing to expand on that and have the discussion so I fully respect that even if I have the opposite view points. 

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I’m not sure there would be much said now if he went. I think it’s clear to the footballing world we have given him time especially after January and if he gets the rest of the season.

I don’t agree with the last bit though, I think this international window was the last likely time they would make the change. It does feel we are all in now and hoping for the best….

2 hours ago, Pete52 said:

No, I don’t want him to be given a new contract, he still has time left on his current deal. 

We definitely won’t have back to back relegations and be in League 1. I think we’ll stay up this season, too. 

Yeah, I would say he has credit in the bank. I think there have been too many circumstances going against him this season to warrant sacking him. 

I also don’t think that we’d be able to attract another manager of his quality. We know Rodgers is able to achieve success in the league and cup competitions with us. I don’t think the calibre of manager that we’d be able to attract currently will be able to get us back up the table. I’d feel more confident that Rodgers can get us back to being around mid-table than the names that got thrown around when Leeds and Southampton sacked their managers. 

I also don’t think that any manager would be able to achieve much with Amartey and Ward/Iverson having to play regularly. The defence needs improving in the summer. The rest of the team isn’t that far off, but we do need to find capable replacements for Tielemans and possibly Maddison, too. It’s a big summer window coming up. 

Relegation this season would be what it would take for me to say that he should go. 

No, I don’t want him to be given a new contract, he still has time left on his current deal. 
More a point about long term future. If we are going to start again and rebuild, I’d be wanting that to be under a manager we are expecting to still be here (by his own choice or the clubs).

We definitely won’t have back to back relegations and be in League 1. I think we’ll stay up this season, too. 
More of an extreme scenario to gage what it would take. I would rule it out mind, when clubs get into our situation and fall, they can fall hard!

Yeah, I would say he has credit in the bank. I think there have been too many circumstances going against him this season to warrant sacking him. 
This is the side of the debate that has been done to death so won’t go into this even though I disagree :thumbup:

I also don’t think that we’d be able to attract another manager of his quality. We know Rodgers is able to achieve success in the league and cup competitions with us. I don’t think the calibre of manager that we’d be able to attract currently will be able to get us back up the table. I’d feel more confident that Rodgers can get us back to being around mid-table than the names that got thrown around when Leeds and Southampton sacked their managers. 
No offence but this for me is the ‘lazy’ argument in the sense that sometimes it just needs someone else (like Shakespeare taking over and guiding us to safety). You could say that it hasn’t helped Leeds yet but Southampton have had a decent points return since losing Jones. Yes they were ****ed to start with the it’s not got them out of trouble but possible helped them from being cut adrift. We do have a lot more quality than those two that an interim could have took charge until summer.

I also don’t think that any manager would be able to achieve much with Amartey and Ward/Iverson having to play regularly. The defence needs improving in the summer. The rest of the team isn’t that far off, but we do need to find capable replacements for Tielemans and possibly Maddison, too. It’s a big summer window coming up. 

We should be doing better or adapting to having those players. He’s had four years to build the squad and had his right hand man in charge of recruitment so it’s his squad now.

Relegation this season would be what it would take for me to say that he should go. 

Fair enough that there is a point it would get to. I think as a fan who can’t actually change anything, fair enough if that’s your limit. I fear the club have the same view and from the decision makers at the top, it’s a very ‘reactive’ not ‘proactive’ approach and doesn’t give me any faith in them if that’s the case.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I felt this before the international break, but Viera and Conte going has made me rethink. But i am 'content' with the fact that its likely he won't be going anywhere. I'm not a mental health mess beating myself up about it.

Palace is a must win. Lose and i think its us finished without a change. So if we don't pull the trigger on Brendan after that, then i get it, but i'd be putting all my dollars on us being a certainty to get relegated. 

Its not a must win we wont be relegated or not relegated regardless of this result but relegation is highly likely already because of Top leaving Rodgers in charge and the state this club is in through bad management over the last few years ! Just like the days of Peter Taylor the clubs a sinking ship and nobody will  do anything until its to late !

2 minutes ago, Jono1604 said:

Its not a must win we wont be relegated or not relegated regardless of this result but relegation is highly likely already because of Top leaving Rodgers in charge and the state this club is in through bad management over the last few years ! Just like the days of Peter Taylor the clubs a sinking ship and nobody will  do anything until its to late !

We're not going to get relegated this season. The big decision will come in the summer: does the club want Rodgers to oversee the biggest squad rebuild project in our history? My instinct is that there might be a mutually-agreed parting of the ways, but it's just a gut feeling. Top may have other ideas for all I know...