Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 27/03/2023 at 17:59, KFS said:

His best bet is rescuing Sevilla/ Valencia (spanish speaking of course, he wouldn’t let them forget it) and then trying it on with one of the big three there. He would back himself to do a job.

Imagine Soyuncu’s face if he rocked up to Atletico lol 

He'd get absolutely annihilated by the Spanish or Italian press. They'd see right through his shit, unlike here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He'd get absolutely annihilated by the Spanish or Italian press. They'd see right through his shit, unlike here.

They’d forgive him because he’s using his second language. Much like the English press do! 

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

:crylaugh:

I don't wanna spoil everyone's fun but this is not new news. Not a surprise considering it's Sky, mind.

He said this at the start of the season.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

You don't get it?! Are you on Brendan's payroll?

No, I just don't see what he's said there that anyone assessing things neutrally would say different. 

What is it that you have an issue with? If you can point it out to me and can make a case for why you have an issue with it, then I might agree with you. 

SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN 

"It's a great coaching challenge, it's why I'm in coaching" lol

Look forward to seeing him at his next job in the national league north with no budget and no super stars then, if he loves it so much.

• Like 1

"News"

Whatever. Pointless guff interview. 

Has he repeatedly moved the goalposts? Does he talk out of his arse? Yeah.

Is any of this stuff new? No. It's the same stuff paraphrased and regurgitated. 

Less talk, more winning football matches.

• Like 1

It’s just always the very subtle spin and lots fall for it.

I think those that see through it are more analytical types whereas people who don’t see it are very literal.

Its just the downgrading of expectations that has happened. We had two back to back 5th place finishes, 90% odd of that time in the top 4 and the cup win. 

We have lost Kasper and Vardy has regressed (but he has very capable strikers in Nacho and Daka). The only other change to that squad is Chilwell who was actually only there for one of those two seasons. So the downgrading of expectations that now we are happy to scrape 40 points if lucky and finish 17th is very poor on his part.

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Not great PR for him if he wants the Spurs job.

Nobody has said he wants the Spurs job. Spurs haven't said they want him either.

All this (rubbish) talk of him and Spurs is from people sat on Foxestalk.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt said:

:crylaugh:

Got to hand it too our pride and joy BR. totally right, hopefully we can reach our goal and survive! be a huge loss to lose him just before a squad rebuild. fingers are crosssed! love you BR. #4mmoooreeeeeyyeeaarrrrrrr #weremassssiiveeee

:brendan:

26 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Got to hand it too our pride and joy BR. totally right, hopefully we can reach our goal and survive! be a huge loss to lose him just before a squad rebuild. fingers are crosssed! love you BR. #4mmoooreeeeeyyeeaarrrrrrr #weremassssiiveeee

:brendan:

You must be trolling at this point lol 

C’mon. I’ve been asking for a change but that snippet really isn’t bad. Rodgers is clearly referring to what it’s historically taken to stay in the league when asked what it will take to survive. 

At least he’s actually starting to talk about fighting for a change.  

Edited by The_77
Grammar error
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

C’mon. I’ve been asking for a change but that snippet really isn’t bad. Rodgers is clearly referring to what it’s historically taken to stay in the league when asked what it will take to survive. 

At least he’s actually starting to talking about fighting for a change.  

Couldn’t agree more, I can’t stand the bloke but there isn’t much in that interview that hasn’t already been said or very controversial, it’s hardly Conte meltdown territory.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Nobody has said he wants the Spurs job. Spurs haven't said they want him either.

All this (rubbish) talk of him and Spurs is from people sat on Foxestalk.

We are trying to will it into existence. 

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

At least he’s actually starting to talking about fighting for a change.  

Hallelujah, something sensible being said in this thread :appl:

You can want him sacked or criticise things about him without scrutinising everything he says/does. Equally, you're allowed to not want him sacked but can still criticise certain things he says/does. 

• Thanks 1