Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, TeamRocket said:

Ambition at its finest here 🤣

He's talking about being in the moment no? 

The overall ambition of where Leicester City / He want to be has not changed from Top (literally) to bottom, challenge for Europe, titles & cups but this season we find ourselves where we are & any talk about reaching target numbers refer to this season to ensure we are in a position to reboot & start again next season.

I'm sure if he said there are 30pts left to play for & we are still looking at getting into Europe there would be a deluded gif making the rounds & not a great i'm back on board with Rodgers because he's still pushing for a European place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Without using the phrase "invisible challenges", coming into your 4th full season with the club, why were you in a position where your were targetting 40 points?

Why has the club been regressing on and off the pitch for 2+ years and why haven't you and the DOF been able to prevent this proactively or reactively.

I wish people would ask challenging questions

So do I, instead of reaching for the same old brainless response, recognise that the failure is collective.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So do I, instead of reaching for the same old brainless response, recognise that the failure is collective.

I do like to point the finger at Brendan due to the clear amount of power he wanted, but he's still here so people above him also have to be brought into question.

I'd mainly like the second question as it'd absolutely fry his brain performing the PR calculations in his mind lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pete52 said:

No, I just don't see what he's said there that anyone assessing things neutrally would say different. 

What is it that you have an issue with? If you can point it out to me and can make a case for why you have an issue with it, then I might agree with you. 

Look around at the other posts. I'm not getting annoyed about it because it's the same old self-preservation crap. But he suggests that he actually prefers this sort of challenge to winning trophies. Somebody else described it as subtle spin but it's about as subtle as a sledgehammer.

And he doesn't show any fight in there, he's worryingly blasé about it. I think admitting it's not been good enough but this squad has the quality to get out of this, or even that we will get out of it shows more fight. He talks about the 'beauty' of it. There's nothing beautiful about this horror show. Appreciate he's hardly going to tell us how awful a situation we're in but he continues to show a worryingly lack of fight. Serious question; do you genuinely feel confident about Brendan's desire to get stuck in when you hear him speak?

And I think anyone interpreting that as him saying 40 points is always our target is clearly wrong and letting their hatred fuel them. Having said that, Brendan's brought that on himself with his constant belittling of the club.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I do like to point the finger at Brendan due to the clear amount of power he wanted, but he's still here so people above him also have to be brought into question.

I'd mainly like the second question as it'd absolutely fry his brain performing the PR calculations in his mind lol

I do not listen to him, don’t see the point. Sanity saved.  :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do not listen to him, don’t see the point. Sanity saved.  :thumbup:

Now I don't get involved in many pointless meetings at work with people like him I like to experience his special brand of middle management bullsh*t, it's fine entertainment on a thursday/friday afternoon :D

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Ambition at its finest here 🤣

League winners, to this, in 6/7 years 

Just now, filbertway said:

Now I don't get involved in many pointless meetings at work with people like him I like to experience his special brand of middle management bullsh*t, it's fine entertainment on a thursday/friday afternoon :D

Reckon you might be onto something. I feel like I have heard his spiel a thousand times before at work 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

:crylaugh:

Won’t listen to it because I refuse to hear that voice any more than I already have.

Why was 40 points always the magical number though?

What’s caused us to go from 2x 5th place spots, to an 8th (?) to now fighting relegation?

Someone try giving me an answer to that second question that doesn’t relay back to Rodgers, please.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Won’t listen to it because I refuse to hear that voice any more than I already have.

Why was 40 points always the magical number though?

What’s caused us to go from 2x 5th place spots, to an 8th (?) to now fighting relegation?

All answers to that second question relay back to Rodgers 

He’s talking about 40 points as the magic number for *any* club to stay up in the league, not as some lofty goal for us. 

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Ok. But why are we talking about staying up? What’s led us to this?

Someone answer that question without an answer that leads to our elite manager. 

Collective mismanagement. You are most welcome.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Collective mismanagement. You are most welcome.

Nicely swerved 👏🏼 

The other guilty parties in hindsight are

Presumably Rudkin for the length and cost of the players contracts.

Top, for not pulling the trigger at any point from October ‘21 to present day.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Ok. But why are we talking about staying up? What’s led us to this?

Someone answer that question without an answer that leads to our elite manager. 

I’m not arguing that he’s not responsible. Just pointing out that you were misinterpreting the comments. 

• Like 1

Won’t quote you @BKLFox  and I broadly agree, but I do feel we could reasonably expect him to do better with this squad, not to the point of 5th/6th mind, that’s not realistic as we cannot afford to keep up that pace for the long term, yet good enough to not be in danger is not unreasonable I think. Although it is also impossible to not think we are stale and need a refresh of some form.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 3