Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I wouldn't call our performances "dire". You're better off with "inconsistent".

Why didn't we deserve to beat Wolves? If I recall they had two good chances and missed them. We probably missed good chances too. But in terms of that game we had more possession, more shots on target and more corners.

I get fed up of hearing about Brentford. They did not deserve to beat us. We even had more shots on target than them. They were direct and had a few pot shots, no way did they deserve to beat us.

The Manchester United win was our best performance, I can agree with that. We did not deserve to lose at Brighton, although we only started once being 2 down which is basically what happened on Saturday against Arsenal. We were better than Burnley.

For some reason when we miss chances it is dire but when the opposition do we're seriously lucky.

Were Arsenal lucky to have a keeper in fine form and us being wayward any more than we've benefitted from Wolves missing great chances or Brentford being foiled by Schmeichel?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

For some reason when we miss chances it is dire but when the opposition do we're seriously lucky.

Were Arsenal lucky to have a keeper in fine form and us being wayward any more than we've benefitted from Wolves missing great chances or Brentford being foiled by Schmeichel?

Exactly. People are so quick to bring up "xx missed good chances" (for example Norwich, as tbf they did miss some good chances late on against us) but people don't then say we miss good chances either (and, again, against Norwich we missed a couple good chances in particular Barnes and Vardy). Can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Rodgers said something in his interview with Radio Leicester about the lack of physicality in defence when defending corners, quoting Morgan as the sort of player he was thinking of in terms of the latter. Well he had £15m to spend to improve things and ended up with Vestergaard -only himself to blame

How do you know he didn't try to get someone more Morgan like? Those players have to be available and want to sign for us. It's possible Vestergaard was the only one available who wanted to join us. I know this is foxestalk but you can't just assume stuff, can you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, fair point. It’s weird, because surely we recognise, more than most, that there are outliers. The link between money and success is disgustingly clear in football, but there are occasional exceptions.

This is bang on, and I think the frustration is, we want to be the consistent outliers, you mentioned all the time! 

Guest StevieLynex
20 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Looks like the players know that Rodgers is on his way, and are showing their appreciation

Guest StevieLynex
8 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

How do you know he didn't try to get someone more Morgan like? Those players have to be available and want to sign for us. It's possible Vestergaard was the only one available who wanted to join us. I know this is foxestalk but you can't just assume stuff, can you?

Did he spend the money wisely?

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

If his plan is to do what he has done the past 2 seasons, but in reverse, how is that 'Progression'?

Standing still in this league, is going backwards.

As long as Levy doesn't upset Conte, that's Conte/Pep/Tuchel/Klopp cementing the top 4 for the foreseeable future.

It was….. it was a joke…. lol 

53 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Rodgers said something in his interview with Radio Leicester about the lack of physicality in defence when defending corners, quoting Morgan as the sort of player he was thinking of in terms of the latter. Well he had £15m to spend to improve things and ended up with Vestergaard -only himself to blame

Would of been better off getting a first choice big physical brute from one of the better championship sides

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Vestergaard. 6’6 standing height, 5’5 when he jumps 

• Haha 2

Guest Kopfkino
2 hours ago, StevieLynex said:

Some of the shite he’s spouted recently beggars belief. The other week he was talking about not having enough players that aren’t good enough on the ball under pressure or something of that I’ll despite having over 3 summers to do something about that all whilst getting them to play a style of football that relies on that quality. His solution to us not being able to defend was Jonny Evans, that hasn’t worked so now the solution is time.

This sort of shite is why I have very little belief that he’s gonna sort anything out this season. In fact it’s quite difficult to find a problem that’s developed over the last year that he has solved in that time. We still can’t defend set pieces, we still start games horribly slowly, we still keep conceding the first goal at home, we subsequently lose an absurd amount of home games. These all go back a long way and it’s not solved, now he’s just added in the sort of things a newly appointed manager would say because he’s dealing with what he’s been left with rather than what he created.

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

I’d love to know who benkovic crossed to get such treatment. Looked okay in preseason 

Something really strange with Benkovic, looked like a decent player every time he has played. Celtic fans were comparing him to VVD when there, but Bristol City, OHL and Cardiff and not had a sniff off game time.

It’s really odd, not sure if it’s the injuries, his attitude, the way he trains or something else, but he clearly has a bit of talent just missing something.

• Like 1

There’s nothing that strange with Benkovic except he didn’t impress anyone enough to get into Leuven or two Championship teams XIs. That’s the cold fact of it. Four managers haven’t fancied him now. In fact the last time I saw play competitively on Sky, Juxebox from Birmingham gave him the run around 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1