Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Injuries? That’s on Rodgers. You can’t hide behind the Covid fixture congestion or European football taking its toll any more. Most people saw through that anyway, when you think that we used to play 46 championship games a season, plus domestic cups, and remain relatively injury free, under Rennie. Check out Rodgers’ injury record at Liverpool if you still believe he’s not part of our injury problem. 

Lack of budget? Also on Rodgers. He’s the one who brought in Congerton. They’re the ones who’ve bought clapped out Volvo’s rather than a SEAT Leon in need of a bit of tarting up. Which then funds our next seasons transfer kitty.

Not even LCFC specific but it’s amazing that teams all down the pyramid to League 2 and National League etc play some many more games with tiny squads on next to no budget and get by. Those are the owners/manager I have respect for.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

He's talking about being in the moment no? 

The overall ambition of where Leicester City / He want to be has not changed from Top (literally) to bottom, challenge for Europe, titles & cups but this season we find ourselves where we are & any talk about reaching target numbers refer to this season to ensure we are in a position to reboot & start again next season.

I'm sure if he said there are 30pts left to play for & we are still looking at getting into Europe there would be a deluded gif making the rounds & not a great i'm back on board with Rodgers because he's still pushing for a European place.

Not sure this is true. I think those days have passed. 

If we stay in the league for the next few seasons we will have done well. 40 points and 17th will do. 

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

If we stay in the league for the next few seasons we will have done well. 40 points and 17th will do. 

Utterly depressing that in a business sense we’ve gone from the clubs biggest ever revenues in a financial year to hoping we stay up every year. 

Congerton, Rudkin and Rodgers transfer decisions have truly fcuked us. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If you say to yourself repeatedly in a Northern Irish accent THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF IT, not only does the final league standings appear with us relegated on 28 points, but you also get reminded you don't own a Gucci belt but yer man Brendan does.

The beauty of Brendan's Gucci belt is that it is in his own hands, ready to show off at any point.

• Haha 3

For once, I don’t think he’s said anything wrong in that video. However, he’s ****ed things up so badly (alongside many other parts at this club) every time he opens his mouth, I’m not surprised so many get annoyed. 

You could replace him with a Top pre-written set of notes - clueless boy without an idea of what he is signing off. Rudkin talking about contracts. Whelan telling us about the new buy one get one free offer at the superstore, it doesn’t matter. They’ve ran the club into such a shit storm, let people release their anger in the only way they can. By calling him a shit bag. There is nothing positive that can come from any of them except a statement of “I’m selling”. “I’m leaving” “I’m a ****” “I don’t know what I’m doing”. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

What exhausts me and constantly confuses me is repeating what’s so blatantly obvious to most.

It’s not me channelling the negativity. I’m just repeating and then analysing (correctly I believe) what our manager says. Something the press can’t do.

If some of our own fans are blinded from the truth, how on earth are the mainstream media and fans of other clubs going to take the inevitable sacking? I’m not sure I can take another backlash like our owners and fans did for the Ranieri sacking. 

I can't wait for it. One thing I've learned over time is that they're virtually always wrong. Time does its thing and they lose.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

So frustrating that he has painted this narrative that the squad was threadbare and we haven't backed him. It is the general consensus across the country now. Every time I have mentioned us in conversation to non Leicester fans recently they immediately spin that line. 

Let's get it right. The squad were stale at the end of the season, but more than enough quality to finish 9th -12th and then go again when the club sorts its finances out. 

The talking us down to the press and "enjoying the coaching challenge" is what you would expect from Cooper at Forest as a newly promoted side through the back door of the play offs. 

He is so out of his depth and paddling spin and crap it is sad to hear and see. It is a bigger achievement relegating this side than keeping it up by total mismanagement in my opinion. 

10000% agree, I've posted similar a few times in the past.

The, we need a refresh - I've not been backed - others have spent more the us - I'm not a magician  narratives that started dropping out of his mouth pre - season (and possibly before) and were reinforced in virtually every 'effing' interview he had, and then started again at the beginning of the past transfer window are nothing new.

I believe supporter groups from his past teams have said they too experience something similar, and sadly when he first joined us we to made the same mistakes as others, and scoffed at the fact, and put this down to bitter fans bitching about a departing manager.

Everything that comes out of this guys mouth, even the stuff that seems 'off the cuff' is said for a reason and is calculated.  I've had conversations with people doing psychology degrees and they picked up on what he was doing. The continual reinforcing of the same topics at every opportunity to anyone who will listen, is a know process, and there is even a 'fancy psycobabble' name for it, and it pains me to say they were quite impressed with the job he was, and still is doing on this front.

Rodgers at some point will leave, but unfortunately Rodgers reputation will also be squeaky'ish clean when he does, and the cycle repeats for some poor other unfortunates. (unless it's Spurs who just deserves being 'psyco-rodgered')

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Guppys Love Child said:

10000% agree, I've posted similar a few times in the past.

The, we need a refresh - I've not been backed - others have spent more the us - I'm not a magician  narratives that started dropping out of his mouth pre - season (and possibly before) and were reinforced in virtually every 'effing' interview he had, and then started again at the beginning of the past transfer window are nothing new.

I believe supporter groups from his past teams have said they too experience something similar, and sadly when he first joined us we to made the same mistakes as others, and scoffed at the fact, and put this down to bitter fans bitching about a departing manager.

Everything that comes out of this guys mouth, even the stuff that seems 'off the cuff' is said for a reason and is calculated.  I've had conversations with people doing psychology degrees and they picked up on what he was doing. The continual reinforcing of the same topics at every opportunity to anyone who will listen, is a know process, and there is even a 'fancy psycobabble' name for it, and it pains me to say they were quite impressed with the job he was, and still is doing on this front.

Rodgers at some point will leave, but unfortunately Rodgers reputation will also be squeaky'ish clean when he does, and the cycle repeats for some poor other unfortunates. (unless it's Spurs who just deserves being 'psyco-rodgered')

He's a massive fan of and has studied 'Neuro Linguistic Programming' 

15 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

So we should have the same ambition as the teams that come up via the play offs for the next few years .🙄

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Stinky said:

Do people like The Year Of The Fox/Matt etc not get exhausted basically living in a thread about somebody they wouldn't piss on if he was on fire? How do you do it? It can't be healthy to channel so much negativity every day

Can we get this as a motto for Foxestalk?

On 27/03/2023 at 14:15, Wymsey said:

Not necessarily.

Some club's owners have publicly given current managers the (usually dreaded) vote of confidence to keep supporters updated on the managerial situation after a poor few results.

Which generally just adds even more pressure on everyone, best thing to do it keep your gob shut.

• Like 1

Gone from champions league positions to relegation. If these dumb fuks at the club can't see what this midget has done to us then they deserve what happens next 

Shambles of a club 

Edited by blueharmie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Is it not equally exhausting reading through each of those posts and getting worked up about it? It seems that you spend enough of your time here to recognise how many posts certain users make.

This is a Brendan Rodgers thread, not a foxestalk individuals thread, personal comments about individual users are not welcome here.

Very much pot kettle black in this case then, no? 

No surprise the two people who (visibly) agreed with you are the two people I quoted originally, with the 3rd being the 3rd name I'd have named if I had to lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If you say to yourself repeatedly in a Northern Irish accent THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF IT, not only does the final league standings appear with us relegated on 28 points, but you also get reminded you don't own a Gucci belt but yer man Brendan does.

15 hours ago, Corky said:

The beauty of Brendan's Gucci belt is that it is in his own hands, ready to show off at any point.

Thanks to these two posts I've now been humming "Gucci Belt" to the tune of Purple Rain by Prince all morning, so I now inflict that upon the rest of Foxestalk so they can enjoy similarly reduced productivity.

[Verse 1]
Brendan Rodgers is causing us sorrow
Brendan Rodgers is taking us down
Now all we want is to see him leaving

[Pre-Chorus]
I only want to see him
Leaving with his Gucci Belt

[Chorus]
Gucci Belt, Gucci Belt
Gucci Belt, Gucci Belt
Gucci Belt, Gucci Belt
See the Beauty of him