Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

What exhausts me and constantly confuses me is repeating what’s so blatantly obvious to most.

It’s not me channelling the negativity. I’m just repeating and then analysing (correctly I believe) what our manager says. Something the press can’t do.

If some of our own fans are blinded from the truth, how on earth are the mainstream media and fans of other clubs going to take the inevitable sacking? I’m not sure I can take another backlash like our owners and fans did for the Ranieri sacking. 

Just yesterday you incorrectly interpreted what Rodgers said and wrote that you refused to listen to his comments. lol 

All good, though. We’ve needed a new man at the helm for a some time now. 

And bring on the backlash, all the people who will have something to say about us support clubs that have done much, much worse to their managers and personnel.  

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

That is an incredibly ignorant post. We're all fans of the same club, not everybody here goes to the same lengths as the select few people at spending a great deal of time arguing back at people who don't share the same level of desire to get Rodgers out of the club. At the risk of going too deep and personal, my post was from experience of being surrounded by negative energy (people, situations, thoughts etc) which eventually leads to your mental health taking a huge knock. And to a further extent, those people who give off persistent negative energy doing no good to themselves as well. They can do or say whatever they like on here, and maybe their persona "in real life" is the polar opposite to what they portray on here, but if not then I refer back to my original post. You may say its not healthy to ignore reality but it's perfectly healthy to distance yourself from excessive misery. 

I do agree with this. I suppose it is for people to exercise restraint by not putting themselves in a position to be involved in that? Similarly, people who are frustrated need an outlet to vent. 

I’ve wanted to guy out for 18 months but like to think I am objective about it and try to engage in debate rather than just being negative. That may not always be the case but is the intention. 

To suggest it is people who want Rodgers out who are the only ones who create negativity I think is unfair though. Whether in the ground or on here (to a lesser extent) there is plenty of aggression from those who back him.

To be honest, the in fighting is the only interesting thing about our generic, boring club at the moment lol

There are a lot of passionate messages doing the rounds as I’ve said numerous times - we’re fans of our club and that invokes a lot of passion.

Could I just throw out that the difference of opinions should be welcomed but I agree with the calling out of posters as being out of line.

One thing is for sure, I’m sadly confident that we’re going to be feeling all sorts of emotions in the coming 2 months - let’s be respectful aye?

Edited by SafewayFox

1 hour ago, orangecity23 said:

Thanks to these two posts I've now been humming "Gucci Belt" to the tune of Purple Rain by Prince all morning, so I now inflict that upon the rest of Foxestalk so they can enjoy similarly reduced productivity.

[Verse 1]
Brendan Rodgers is causing us sorrow
Brendan Rodgers is taking us down
Now all we want is to see him leaving

[Pre-Chorus]
I only want to see him
Leaving with his Gucci Belt

[Chorus]
Gucci Belt, Gucci Belt
Gucci Belt, Gucci Belt
Gucci Belt, Gucci Belt
See the Beauty of him
Leaving with his Gucci Belt

Ooh, you rotter.  Its in my head now😜😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/simon-jordan-predicts-weak-brendan-8306852#comments-wrapper

*** Warning - do not click if your are in the minority of  the Brendan In Fan club ****

At last, someone other than an FT poster has seen the light

And see's through the Rodgers' media B.S. self preservation show.

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/simon-jordan-predicts-weak-brendan-8306852#comments-wrapper

*** Warning - do not click if your are in the minority of  the Brendan In Fan club ****

He certainly does not like Brendan Hope Top gets to read this !!

3 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

2 hours ago, Matt said:

*** Warning - Simon Jordan's view and judgment on managers is irrelevant considering he used to hire and sack managers consistently ***

Also, didn't he drive Palace into administration?

And if that's not bad enough, he now works for talksport.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

*** Warning - Simon Jordan's view and judgment on managers is irrelevant considering he used to hire and sack managers consistently ***

I'd say the opposite and say his viewpoint is totally relevant given his position at a club. Not many owners/CEOs on the punditry circuit that can offer an insight that not many others can.

He's honest, direct and he's bang on point about BR.

• Like 3

Jordan also says he thinks we will stay up & it doesn't help anyone having to sell your best players every season just in case you only got up to the bit where he calls Rodgers weak & then strapped your battle drum to your chests & started banging it up & down the street

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

So what about his past involvment with regards to football, he's entitled to his opinion the same as you and I.

In all fairness with him being a former club owner he probably has a better grounding of the situation  having been there and done that than any poster on FT

Edited by Guppys Love Child

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. 

What have Palace's financial struggles in the past got to do with Jordan being spot on about Rodgers in that clip?

It's like saying I can't criticise Ward despite him being a better goalie than me.