Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 hours ago, Adster said:

People don't like to say it, but Simon Jordan is pretty much spot on about everything. 

He's the best pundit TalkSport have had in years. 

It's not even close. He's superb.

It was the Mahrez deadline day debacle where he was first on there and he absolutely nailed it on that. He was that good they couldn't not have him on permanently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. 

What have Palace's financial struggles in the past got to do with Jordan being spot on about Rodgers in that clip?

It's like saying I can't criticise Ward despite him being a better goalie than me. 

They haven’t. That part was a joke as was him working for talksport bit.

My main point was about him hiring and sacking managers so much. I don’t think he is the best judge of manager considering all the managers he got through.

10 hours ago, Adster said:

People don't like to say it, but Simon Jordan is pretty much spot on about everything. 

He's the best pundit TalkSport have had in years. 

Only because he criticises Rodgers lol What else has he said over the years that you agree with?

People change their opinions on pundits all the time. One minute it’s “he is great” but then once he says something you don’t agree with it’ll be “he’s rubbish”.

I tend not to listen to people on talksport, personally, it’s the equivalent of reading The Sun.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Only because he criticises Rodgers lol What else has he said over the years that you agree with?

People change their opinions on pundits all the time. One minute it’s “he is great” but then once he says something you don’t agree with it’ll be “he’s rubbish”.

I tend not to listen to people on talksport, personally, it’s the equivalent of reading The Sun.

I have listened to SJ a fair bit. I might not always agree with him but for the most I do. He says it how he sees it. I have rad what he said about Brendan and if anyone thinks Mr Elite will stay for at least one championship season is.living in cloud cuckoo land. For me it is not about him it is about rolling our sleeves up and fighting for our lives. It has to start tomorrow. They are low on confidence and we have got to go and take the game to them. We must get at least a point IMO.

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If you dont listen to Talksport why comment at all bizarre 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

A casing point would be Ally McCoist who recently was getting the big thumbs up on here but yesterday squashed under all the Jordan hype said that he thought Rodgers was an excellent manager and Spurs would do well trying to snare him away from Leicester as he could bring them success, ohh & take Maddison with him.

1 says excellent 1 says weak who gets the FT posts?

Just now, Vazman said:

If you dont listen to Talksport why comment at all bizarre 

People post him on here, all the time, just because he says Rodgers hasn't been good enough and they agree with that. I'm not even disagreeing with that generally tbh, of course Rodgers hasn't been good enough in recent times, I just find people using Jordan hard to take considering what he did at Palace. He isn't a great judge of managers, or at least he wasn't when he was actually a chairman and not just behind a microphone now telling others what to do.

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

A casing point would be Ally McCoist who recently was getting the big thumbs up on here but yesterday squashed under all the Jordan hype said that he thought Rodgers was an excellent manager and Spurs would do well trying to snare him away from Leicester as he could bring them success, ohh & take Maddison with him.

1 says excellent 1 says weak who gets the FT posts?

I’m not aware of the example you have highlighted in the first bolded bit. But I assume it was something positive about the club or for want of a better term ‘had our back’.

You could say the bit I have bolded second he also has our back :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Eh? Who said only because he criticises Rodgers? That's on you, not me or anyone else. 

There is absolutely tonnes, and I listen to White and Jordan pretty much daily whilst working. "Netflix of football", governance surrounding football ownership, views on player behaviour/welfare, accountability. 

Jordan is a realist and it's refreshing to see someone speak such views on the radio. He is the realist, Jim White is the bandwagon "but fans/players think this" type. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People post him on here, all the time, just because he says Rodgers hasn't been good enough and they agree with that. I'm not even disagreeing with that generally tbh, of course Rodgers hasn't been good enough in recent times, I just find people using Jordan hard to take considering what he did at Palace. He isn't a great judge of managers, or at least he wasn't when he was actually a chairman and not just behind a microphone now telling others what to do.

To be honest I think people are generally agreeing with what he says, because they believe it to be true, I have no opinion on JB but agree with his comments 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Yeah really weird, I often make comments about stuff I dont watch or listen to, have a word 😂

You don't need to listen specifically to Talksport to know what he's saying. He's obviously one of these people (like Roy Keane) who says things which catches the attention of other broadcasters/websites etc where you end up seeing what he's been saying there instead? I'm pretty sure Simon Jordan also had a voice before he joined Talksport to be able to form an opinion on him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I like Simon Jordan from the little I listen to him on there, but yeah I agree it's like when we're linked to a good player, the source is seen to be credible but when it's a shite player, "ah it's only the Daily Mail, they know **** all"

Plot twist, it's the same source lol

• Like 2

I don’t agree with him on everything (certainly not politically), but for footballing opinions, he’s by far the best in mainstream media.

There’s nothing to be gained by calling Rodgers out. It’s not like some daft Liverpool/Man United combined XI to stir up controversy. He’s just offering his opinion from the outside and he happens to be right.

Far more engaging than some moron like Sherwood or Murphy telling us how lucky we are to have him. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I like Simon Jordan from the little I listen to him on there, but yeah I agree it's like when we're linked to a good player, the source is seen to be credible but when it's a shite player, "ah it's only the Daily Mail, they know **** all"

Plot twist, it's the same source lol

Exactly.

Can everyone stop going on about how Jordan can’t have an opinion on the running of football clubs because he made a bit of a hash when he did it. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

If I kill someone, it doesn’t mean I can’t think it’s dreadful if someone else does it too. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Can everyone stop going on about how Jordan can’t have an opinion on the running of football clubs because he made a bit of a hash when he did it. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

If I kill someone, it doesn’t mean I can’t think it’s dreadful if someone else does it too. 

Just a hypocrite. :ph34r: 

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

They haven’t. That part was a joke as was him working for talksport bit.

My main point was about him hiring and sacking managers so much. I don’t think he is the best judge of manager considering all the managers he got through.

But he was big enough to accept he made a mistake and sack them. Better than letting them take you down.

57 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just a hypocrite. :ph34r: 

Not really. Say it was accidental. He can't have an opinion on someone battering an old lady to death. A murder rapist or a child killer.

20 minutes ago, sylofox said:

But he was big enough to accept he made a mistake and sack them. Better than letting them take you down.

Not really. Say it was accidental. He can't have an opinion on someone battering an old lady to death. A murder rapist or a child killer.

Yes sure, not sure it warranted such depth of discussion mind. lol

A quick Google search shows me times where Simon Jordan criticised our fans for booing Rodgers so early in the season 18 months ago, Simon Jordan saying he thinks Newcastle will get the Maddison deal over the line last summer, Simon Jordan saying there's no point us trying to keep Fofana here last summer and that we should "just let him go", as well as a few other things I've already forgotten about. 

I doubt his disciples here had his back on those ones. And FWIW I don't disagree with his comments lately at all, just pointing these instances out to those who say he's never wrong, even if I am being a bit pedantic. 

6 hours ago, Stinky said:

You don't need to listen specifically to Talksport to know what he's saying. He's obviously one of these people (like Roy Keane) who says things which catches the attention of other broadcasters/websites etc where you end up seeing what he's been saying there instead? I'm pretty sure Simon Jordan also had a voice before he joined Talksport to be able to form an opinion on him. 

So instead of listening to him direct, like most have on the clips a few have posted on here, your taking other people's opinions, and write ups, quotes etc as gospel to form your opinion fair enough I'll leave it at that.