Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, StevieLynex said:

Rodgers said something in his interview with Radio Leicester about the lack of physicality in defence when defending corners, quoting Morgan as the sort of player he was thinking of in terms of the latter. Well he had £15m to spend to improve things and ended up with Vestergaard -only himself to blame

Vestergaard signing was rushed, Fofana got injured late in preseason and we needed a replacement quickly.

To be fair, what I had seen of him prior to arriving, I thought he was just the bloke we needed in the backline defending and attacking set pieces. I think he scored 3 or 4 for Southampton last season and always looked good in the air. 
For whatever reason, lack of preseason, lack of form, confidence he’s not looked anything near that since he arrived.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
24 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Some of the shite he’s spouted recently beggars belief. The other week he was talking about not having enough players that aren’t good enough on the ball under pressure or something of that I’ll despite having over 3 summers to do something about that all whilst getting them to play a style of football that relies on that quality. His solution to us not being able to defend was Jonny Evans, that hasn’t worked so now the solution is time.

This sort of shite is why I have very little belief that he’s gonna sort anything out this season. In fact it’s quite difficult to find a problem that’s developed over the last year that he has solved in that time. We still can’t defend set pieces, we still start games horribly slowly, we still keep conceding the first goal at home, we subsequently lose an absurd amount of home games. These all go back a long way and it’s not solved, now he’s just added in the sort of things a newly appointed manager would say because he’s dealing with what he’s been left with rather than what he created.

You do realise most managers spout shit?

It's what they do in the media. Takes pressure off the players and it's quite deliberate. He's not sat there thinking we're great at defending corners 🙄 

I often wonder if some posters actually believe the shite they post or if they're just trolls chucking in a few grenades here and there and then having a laugh at the responses. There's some pretty irrational opinions being shared here.

• Like 3

Guest Kopfkino
1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You do realise most managers spout shit?

It's what they do in the media. Takes pressure off the players and it's quite deliberate. He's not sat there thinking we're great at defending corners 🙄 

Doesn’t seem the best way to take the pressure off the players saying they’re not good enough on the ball to play the way he wants and that you need to be Wesley Fofana to defend a set piece. Which didn’t seem necessary when we were best team at defending set pieces in 19/20, took until Villa away to concede from one.

Ive watched every single one of his pre and post match press conferences that have been available on YouTube since Project Restart and there’s been a marked change recently in the crap he is saying. Calling out the ref for the first goal on Saturday was bizarre for me given one of the things I’d always have praised Rodgers for was the fact he doesn’t speak about the officials and decisions much, certainly not unless it was something big but he made a point of mentioning that straight away and really it was a non-issue.

He might not be sat there thinking we’re great at defending corners but he’s also not sat there solving the problem. I think he’s starting to sound a bit exasperated, hence the shit that he’s coming out with, and that suggests to me that he knows there’s issues but is struggling to sort it.

Edited by Kopfkino

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Some of the shite he’s spouted recently beggars belief. The other week he was talking about not having enough players that aren’t good enough on the ball under pressure or something of that I’ll despite having over 3 summers to do something about that all whilst getting them to play a style of football that relies on that quality. His solution to us not being able to defend was Jonny Evans, that hasn’t worked so now the solution is time.

This sort of shite is why I have very little belief that he’s gonna sort anything out this season. In fact it’s quite difficult to find a problem that’s developed over the last year that he has solved in that time. We still can’t defend set pieces, we still start games horribly slowly, we still keep conceding the first goal at home, we subsequently lose an absurd amount of home games. These all go back a long way and it’s not solved, now he’s just added in the sort of things a newly appointed manager would say because he’s dealing with what he’s been left with rather than what he created.

....the reason for Rodgers leaving will always be lack of financial support!!!

To a degree he is correct, but it was an existing situation he would have been aware of, prior to taking on the role.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry man but out squad is not top 4. Not when you compare the strength of Liverpool/Man City/Chelsea. Man Utd have a better squad than us too.

I think top 6 is our level and what we should be going for. I still think we'll get there too. 

Fair enough, but we are not in the top 6.

I see a crisis, some fans believe BR is marvellous. 

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not forgetting that BR is the only manager in our history to successfully deliver us the FA Cup.

Quite staggering that people queue up on here to find reasons to praise Puel, who was not much of a success with us, and queue up on here to find reasons to slag off Rodgers, who has been a massive success with us.

BR of course deserves criticism for his failings but they should - IMHO - be measured, in light of what he's done so well for us.

PS. We're 3 points off fifth after 10 games, in the League Cup quarter final and could well progress in Europe so while we've been frustrating this season it shouldn't be all doom and bloody gloom!

It'll be the same when Rodgers goes though, even if in acrimonious circumstances. People tend to look back on most occasions more favourably than what they experienced at the time. Any support of Puel was in the minority at the end and it continues to be, but you'll always get some people seeing certain positives and being able to ignore the catalogue of heinous negatives 😂

3 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Pearson had 2 crisis's here and overcame them both. Rodgers has already overcome one from the end of 19/20 and what we did last season was pretty incredible with our injury horrors. We are in another crisis I will agree on that, but what's suggesting he won't overcome it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

I mean, we still dont have ur best full back. We still dont have our best cb (and didnt have our other outstanding cb till 2-3 games ago). We lost our best cdm for a few weeks. We have barely had a settled back this year with all the injuries which of course is going to set us back. Which such injuries surely brendan has had to spend the time making what he has work than actually improving and sorting out the underlying problems in our team. 

5 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Well of course, he helped take the club from its lowest point to the Premier League, a great manager.

Interesting how you can see this as mark it as a success, but can't see a manager taking us to consecutive European qualifications as well as winning an FA Cup as a success. In fact you literally said it was a failure... 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pearson had 2 crisis's here and overcame them both. Rodgers has already overcome one from the end of 19/20 and what we did last season was pretty incredible with our injury horrors. We are in another crisis I will agree on that, but what's suggesting he won't overcome it?

The crisis that you mention was also a horrendous run of injuries, we were so weak, I understood the situation. 

It is my opinion from watching us play. The consistency in style of play, irrespective of opposition is just arrogance, and the results, fans & ultimately the club will suffer because of it. 

3 minutes ago, jerry said:

How fickle are supporters. A few months after winning the F A Cup we are discussing the Managers position ? Having supported City since the early sixties the last few years have been incredible and we are not a club who should expect success but some seem entitled to believe that is our right now.

You tell ‘em, Jerry!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Interesting how you can see this as mark it as a success, but can't see a manager taking us to consecutive European qualifications as well as winning an FA Cup as a success. In fact you literally said it was a failure... 

OK... but to make a point, if LCFC of 2021 were a F1 car, then the LCFC that Person inherited was DeLorean.

You have to asses the results based on the resources the club has at the time, especially in terms of first 11 and squad depth, for me, the current squad depth has never been better.

I'm in total agreement with our passing game, if a lot too slow at times, why give up possession? Hence why we play out at the back, a long goal kick turns the ball into a 50/50 at best. Which puzzels me at our corners as to why we cross the ball directly turning it into another 50/50 ball. Anyone who's watched our corners would say it's more like a 80/20 ball in favour of the opposition. I know losing the ball in the opponents area is a lot better than losing it in our own half but why give it away at all?

We went through a stage when we played some really inventive short corners and looked far more dangerous than we do now. Why did we stop doing it? We often see an opponent break away from one of our corners, it seems baffling to me as to why we are so happy to give possession away after taking a corner. It seems to go against every one of Brendan's philosophies.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Well of course, he helped take the club from its lowest point to the Premier League, a great manager.

A great LCFC manager, but pretty poor at every other club his managed. 

The crisis that you mention was also a horrendous run of injuries, we were so weak, I understood the situation. 

So you don't think BR has had to deal with that? 

Ideal what would you consider to be our best back four? 

It is my opinion from watching us play. The consistency in style of play, irrespective of opposition is just arrogance, and the results, fans & ultimately the club will suffer because of it. 

So he didn't change he style against the bigger clubs last season?

4 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

OK... but to make a point, if LCFC of 2021 were a F1 car, then the LCFC that Person inherited was DeLorean.

You have to asses the results based on the resources the club has at the time, especially in terms of first 11 and squad depth, for me, the current squad depth has never been better.

Pearson had the biggest budget in League 1 and one of the biggest in the Championship if not the biggest in he's time here.

11 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

I mean, we still dont have ur best full back. We still dont have our best cb (and didnt have our other outstanding cb till 2-3 games ago). We lost our best cdm for a few weeks. We have barely had a settled back this year with all the injuries which of course is going to set us back. Which such injuries surely brendan has had to spend the time making what he has work than actually improving and sorting out the underlying problems in our team. 

Everything you have written in terms of injuries is correct. Yet this is the reality of all teams. I'd argue that with the resources the Management team were given, we had the best opportunity to make the squad deeper to help deal with such injuries. 

Ndidi is our most important player (opinion), and we do miss him, however we have 2 players who can fill in for him, admittedly its not the same.

The replacements bought for Justin and Fofana, have not been up to the job, its that simple. This is a recruitment issue, it makes me wonder who signed them off.