Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest nathan.

No benefit in scraping survival under BR.

Get relegated and get a fresh new management team and rebuild.     

1 minute ago, Chappers200 said:

Really really would like a manager swap with Chelsea... don't know if that's an unpopular opinion?

Going from Rodgers to Rodgers with a bit of stubble wouldn’t be a significant upgrade imho 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

If he’s not sacked, then everyone’s going to slowly turn on Top at home games. Feels like it’s only going to get worse before it gets better 

And that  needs to happen. Yes given so much to the club but that does not mean you can just allow this.

Edited by Cincinnati Fox

If the players are not playing for him they would bounce with a new manager. I have been saying out for weeks. My worry now is who would we get in. It will get.to a point where it really not be worth sacking him. I don't know who I would go after unless we go for.someone in a job. We are not going to attract what we have done a couple of months ago

10 minutes ago, Jon Bez said:

It does matter. I don't claim to have the answer but if we do change now it is absolutely crucial we bring the right person in.

I've seen some wibble on here and tb about bringing in Pearson, Walsh and Shakespeare or even giving the job to Vardy. 

I dont know much but that ain't the solution!

I was in this camp to a certain degree a couple of months ago, but his position is completely untenable.

How can anyone reasonably still think that someone can do worse than Brendan??? He’s lost 60% of his league games this season, SEVENTEEN games and we’re 28 games in now. Absolutely anyone, Stowell for 4 games is worth a go because Brendan has shown almost 75% of the way through the season, yes, basically SEVENTY FIVE percent of the season has gone now …. And we’re on course for relegation!! The more you look at it, the more deluded our board and Brendan supporters seem to be. It’s smacking us all in the face, look at the facts. He is taking us down, it’s not hysterical talk, it’s Brendan’s form, he isn’t capable of getting a tune out of this squad and the Board need to accept the facts now …

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

How can the board watch that game and believe we can stay up under Rodgers? We've been a poor team for a couple of years now, bar a handful of games. Anything is better than Rodgers at this point, his tactics/ideas just aren't working anymore. This squad should not be in the relegation zone. 

Piper was saying similar on RL earlier. He now seems devoid of any new ideas and it's all gone stale. Groundhog day week after week. No belief from the players in the manager's approach to any games as nothing changes.

Even if we survive with him here the whole club will still feel toxic to the core.

How can the board not see this, imagine scraping 17th place then giving that man another season and 80+ million to spend.

• Like 1

Just now, markko said:

If the players are not playing for him they would bounce with a new manager. I have been saying out for weeks. My worry now is who would we get in. It will get.to a point where it really not be worth sacking him. I don't know who I would go after unless we go for.someone in a job. We are not going to attract what we have done a couple of months ago

We would be better than anyone. Literally anyone. Even the woeful Nathan Jones. 

A basic managerial appraisal. Who runs the most ks? Who has the best stats?  Who are the strongest, fastest, tallest? ....a basic appraisal alone would keep ward, Soumare and Tete out and keep us up.

My question is, if the board hasn't taken action by now, is it down to financial reasons in that it will cost less to be relegated with the parachute payment than to pay this twat off and get rid?

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Even if we survive with him here the whole club will still feel toxic to the core.

How can the board not see this, imagine scraping 17th place then giving that man another season and 80+ million to spend.

This! The trajectory has been consistent for 18 months now at least, any upticks temporary at best, there won’t be 3 worse teams than us next year even if we somehow manage to scrape it this season, and if we don’t stay up the consequences are horrifying finance wise. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, markko said:

I'm happy with no one and having Mike Stowell as Caretaker until the end of the season, but I'm also happy to bring in anyone

No one can be worse than BR

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

I was in this camp to a certain degree a couple of months ago, but his position is completely untenable.

How can anyone reasonably still think that someone can do worse than Brendan??? He’s lost 60% of his league games this season, SEVENTEEN games and we’re 28 games in now. Absolutely anyone, Stowell for 4 games is worth a go because Brendan has shown almost 75% of the way through the season, yes, basically SEVENTY FIVE percent of the season has gone now …. And we’re on course for relegation!! The more you look at it, the more deluded our board and Brendan supporters seem to be. It’s smacking us all in the face, look at the facts. He is taking us down, it’s not hysterical talk, it’s Brendan’s form, he isn’t capable of getting a tune out of this squad and the Board need to accept the facts now …

What worries me about giving Stowell a pop at it, is that he is our GK coach and the main reason for us becoming relegation fodder is our GK situation - what has he done about it?

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

This is what I can't get my head around either.

Thing is with Claudio, the squad saw the writing on the wall and, rightly or wrongly, did something about it that got rid of him. The complete indifference and plain ignorance (see Maddison's strop at Tanner) of this squad means we'll drift down without a fight. Zero leadership from Top (literally) to bottom. 

• Like 1

Just now, FoxTimmy2 said:

What worries me about giving Stowell a pop at it, is that he is our GK coach and the main reason for us becoming relegation fodder is our GK situation - what has he done about it?

Well I highly doubt he wanted Schmeichel to leave