Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, Lcfcman2010 said:

Heard he's gone. 

Announcement tomorrow morning apparently?!? 

Seems legit as from an academy player I know. 

I'll personally believe it when SSN report it. 

You're too late, April fools day was yesterday. The biggest April fools are the board of Leicester City, who have left him in charge for so long, when he should have gone after we were hammered at Tottenham, at the latest.  Arguably he should have gone in the summer,  and that in itself would have acted as a refresh of sorts.  Hopefully though, the info you have been given is proved correct, because if we are to have even a sniff of stopping up, then Rodgers has to go, it's as simple as that.  Personally though, I think it's too late now, the rot is too deeply inbedded into the players for us to be turned around in the time that's remaining. The board have just sleep walked into this, in the belief that "We are too good to go down", and that "Brendan is an elite manager, and we will be fine" attitude. They are as culpable in the situation we are in as deluded Brendan is!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

After the Spurs and Villa games, many on here came back out to criticise those who wanted Rodgers out. I wonder what they think now?

Unbelievably I suspect that they still think Brendan will save us!

All I can think that it is still a massive financial issue. But that doesn’t make sense as surely it’s a bigger one to go down.

We need to go back to basics for 10 games. He won’t do that.

• Like 1

Yesterday was my turning point from wait until end of season, to he needs to go now or we are going down.

Realistically he will get the Villa and Bournemouth home matches and if we don't win either of those I think the club will know they have to get rid. It may be too late by then though.

Still, championship is a nice league ain't it! Maybe cheaper and easier to get hold of tickets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Yesterday was my turning point from wait until end of season, to he needs to go now or we are going down.

Realistically he will get the Villa and Bournemouth home matches and if we don't win either of those I think the club will know they have to get rid. It may be too late by then though.

Still, championship is a nice league ain't it! Maybe cheaper and easier to get hold of tickets.

Those home games are too good opportunities to waste on this clown.

• Like 2

Top and the board need a big reality check.  The only reason I can think they have stayed with Rodgers is that they believe we still have a top-class manager.  They have convinced themselves that if the club can just get over this, then we have a very good manager for next season.  But they have failed to understand that Rodgers is not the man when the going gets tough, he's a coach for when the sun is shining.  The rabbits need to stop looking at those headlights because we know what happens afterward.

Edited by Le Renard

52 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Nope, it's a long shit league romanticised by our last season when we won it. Mid table championship is horrendous.

And I may be wrong but last I knew there wasn't I price cap on away tickets like the prem so it'll be more expensive

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MickeyMouse said:

🤡 I backed him until yesterday. I'm selfaware, I turned out to be a cartoon like my username on this one. In my defence, for many months and phases including the losing run at the start, if Top had sacked him, I'd go fair enough, makes total sense.

After the poor start, this season, like the previous, felt like a write-off. I sympathised even though I was annoyed by Brendan's same excuses (anyone remember?) about the lack of transfers, we could've done with a tall Centreback then and not to mention a Right Winger for how many years? Even Lookman would've been fine!? Why isn't Soyuncu playing? We'll coz he won't renew and he's not Tieleman's tier in Brendan's book, so Amartey has to play because we don't have any other options. At the start of the season he couldn't have guessed how shit Ward would be, but then Rodgers recruitment saw the B player mentality and got him for 12m, no sympathy there..

I haven't been able to catch as many games this season, but the times we did we lost narrowly so many times.. the kind where it's ridiculous bad luck, look at Iversen's own goal yesterday, Faes was Liverpool's top scorer for a while.. we've dropped points right at the end where a lot of the responsibility would also be on players.. And injury situation has been unfortunate as well. Top's shown tremendous amounts of faith because of the luck & lack of transfers, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers being the **** he is makes snarky remarks after he departs. His PR nonsense and never taking responsibility for losses is second to none. Condescending mf!

When I said I backed him, I backed him to get us safe by end of the season but with each game was losing long term faith. So earlier in the season, why not sack Rodgers? The season is a write-off after being left behind, money is tight, let him keep us up we can replace him towards the end saving some more for transfers. I suppose, this is where Top and I had the similar idea but Brendan eventually dropped us in the bottom 3.

Since Top & I have thought alike here, I feel either Rodgers is sacked immediately, otherwise Top keeps him to the end of the season and then sacks him regardless of the outcome, like he'd been planning earlier. Nothing inbetween.

Yesterday? Where have you been for the last two seasons? On Mars?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

After the Spurs and Villa games, many on here came back out to criticise those who wanted Rodgers out. I wonder what they think now?

This has been the case even this week in the lead up to the match. It’s incredible. After each defeat, they go quiet, wait for the dust to settle and by mid week when he is still not sacked will be back justifying him being here still. It’s all just a repetitive pattern in the same way each 90 minutes is and each BR interview is…

16 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Nope, it's a long shit league romanticised by our last season when we won it. Mid table championship is horrendous.

And I may be wrong but last I knew there wasn't I price cap on away tickets like the prem so it'll be more expensive

Spot on. The "it's a better experience" nonsense is just what fans of fallen mid-sized clubs who've done nothing for years say to make themselves feel better.