Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, teblin said:

All I can think that it is still a massive financial issue. But that doesn’t make sense as surely it’s a bigger one to go down.

We need to go back to basics for 10 games. He won’t do that.

It’s doesn’t make sense when on deadline day we were ready to part with £30 mil for Jack Harrison 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm completely game for O'Neill until May you know. I've genuinely been driven to that. Literally anything is better than Rodgers. 

I think this would be the boards temptation if they do sack him. 

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

After the Spurs and Villa games, many on here came back out to criticise those who wanted Rodgers out. I wonder what they think now?

Not a lot.

Most of them currently have their tongues pressed to different windows, the rest are probably trying to arrange bank transfers from Nigerian princes. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Out of interest why did yesterday change anything for you? 

The performance was in line with the last 18 months & the result was expected.

I still thought we had enough attacking quality to get the results against those around us. It's not even the loss at Palace, it was how they just battered us all match! It's embarrassing and that just reeks of relegation. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this would be the boards temptation if they do sack him. 

It makes the most logical sense, would make the fans happy too.

It would depend if MON is up for the challenge, you'd hope he is as he has nothing to lose and can purely focus on player motivation which is one of his best attributes.

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Message to the players If you are reading this please make yourselves and your feelings known and speak to Top and the board Brendan has had his day it’s clear for all to see!

Most of them seem oblivious to the situation. Maddison's firmly up Brendan's arse

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Most of them seem oblivious to the situation. Maddison's firmly up Brendan's arse

He’s just playing the reasonable team card to help him with his future contract negotiations. He won’t rock the boat. 

Neither will anyone leaving this summer, they won’t want to be seen as disruptive influences and will have been coached to stay quite and go through the motions. 

Those left will simply be feeling despondent about the future and none of them have the changing room heft to make a stand. 

The days of the likes of Kasper going to the owners have long gone. 

I think we go down regardless of manager now. It's like a cancer that's spread too far across the club. No fight, ambition, plan. On and off the field we are a shambles. Rodgers hates the club and knows the damage of relegation will only hurt us and line his pockets. People within the club must be able to see it. 

2 minutes ago, stu said:

As much as I want Rodgers gone, Martin O’Neill is the most short sighted and lazy appointment we could possibly make.

Despite the legend he is, the guy is 71 and hasn’t managed a football club since Forest in 2019.

This would be a move to get the fans back onside with the hope that it would bring some positivity from the stands, but the reality is if we appoint O’Neill then it will prove the board literally has no clue about football beyond what is written in of Fossils and Foxes.

Manage…. I was talking about putting him in our midfield 

• Haha 3

MON is an embarrassing shout. Would that be with his usual assistants too? Would we go for Brian Little if MON said no? How many ex managers would need to turn us down before we approached someone still in the game?

11 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Message to the players If you are reading this please make yourselves and your feelings known and speak to Top and the board Brendan has had his day it’s clear for all to see!

The players need to be held to account as well now. How can anyone of them look at the match stats from yesterday and think that’s acceptable 

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I said in the match thread that the players need to go rogue and ignore his instructions smd just fight to keep us up.

they won't though, because he's drained all belief out of them. I don't know how anyone can see them all doing fine for their countries then come back to look like pub players and not see that Rodgers is the problem...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

The players need to be held to account as well now. How can anyone of them look at the match stats from yesterday and think that’s acceptable 

They can’t, but when the manager is saying they were unlucky not to take something from the game despite the stats you only can assume the players are playing and doing exactly what they have been instructed to do.

The options are Rafa or Lampard. Two horrid picks from a rotten bunch. But what you can say is Rafa is vastly experienced, and Lampard for all of his faults kept Everton up. I don’t think we will look overseas at this point.