Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I still thought we had enough attacking quality to get the results against those around us. It's not even the loss at Palace, it was how they just battered us all match! It's embarrassing and that just reeks of relegation. 

That’s fair enough. 

What I would say though is that in my opinion, the majority of any ‘attacking quality’ you’ve seen under this management is individual brilliance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The options are Rafa or Lampard. Two horrid picks from a rotten bunch. But what you can say is Rafa is vastly experienced, and Lampard for all of his faults kept Everton up. I don’t think we will look overseas at this point.

With a little help from the ever obliging..

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’d take that.

Is there a case for Shakey? Done the caretaker role before to good effect and has worked with most of the backroom staff before…

People will laugh at this but we need someone for 9 games, not for any decent amount of time. 

Put it this way he is an enormously better option than our current manager.

• Like 4

Amazing, really, that it's come to this. I knew we were losing our lustre last season and full anticipated a drop to around 12-14th. Boring but steady, with the view that Brendan would take a "bigger" job - one of the London teams most likely. 

But he can't possibly think his reputation survives relegation? 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Why do people keep banging on about this…. Yes we are all aware the players need to be held accountable, however, they’re a reflection of their manager, who is a useless c u n t…. So what chance do they have?  

Rodgers is definitely a bigger problem than them for sure but we are at a point now where they need to ignore him and start playing in a way which will get results.

Senior players need to step up, if they don’t then as I say they need to be held to account as well:

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

He's just been tactically battered by a 75 year old, us going 1-0 up should of been an absolute killer for them and he needs to be called out when being interviewed after a game, Palace had more shots on goal in this match than their last 4 games and he says we were unlucky!

10 minutes ago, sdb said:

MON is an embarrassing shout. Would that be with his usual assistants too? Would we go for Brian Little if MON said no? How many ex managers would need to turn us down before we approached someone still in the game?

No it's not. The thing appointing MON until the end of the season would do is unite the fanbase and it would make the KP a fortress. The players would get a kick up the backside and we stay up. We don't need a world beating manager right now, we need someone who gives us the ability to stay up. Reassess in the summer to build for the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The options are Rafa or Lampard. Two horrid picks from a rotten bunch. But what you can say is Rafa is vastly experienced, and Lampard for all of his faults kept Everton up. I don’t think we will look overseas at this point.

Rafa wouldn’t come here now unless he knew there was a proper financial plan if we go down that gives us a really strong chance of coming straight back up.  He would have in January but it’s a tough gig now with ten to play. 

I don’t consider him a horrid option either. 

3 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Amazing, really, that it's come to this. I knew we were losing our lustre last season and full anticipated a drop to around 12-14th. Boring but steady, with the view that Brendan would take a "bigger" job - one of the London teams most likely. 

Roberto Martinez did.

3 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

He’s got the Spurs job lined up Allegedly regardless of whether he takes us down or not. 

He doesn’t give a shilo about us.

• Haha 1

Guest Mee-9

I said months ago that this was Top’s fault and that his inability to act will lead us to go down.

People laughed and accused me of being a tit for daring to criticise the owner. He’s a failing businessman who’s leading the sinking ship. His inability to act and to do what we have known for months and months will cost us.

The fans who have been blind for this long, you are also part of the problem. We’re a club that have won trophies and we are a Premier League club. Accepting mediocrity and terrible football with no identity for so long is part of the problem. 

We are going down. Unless something drastic happens, we will be going down, and its all Top and Brendan Rodgers’ fault along with the board. It’s time for King Power to sell. 

4 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

That’s fair enough. 

What I would say though is that in my opinion, the majority of any ‘attacking quality’ you’ve seen under this management is individual brilliance.

Exactly, I’ve been saying this for ages. We very rarely put teams under spells of sustained pressure. Most goals come from individual moments of class or from the opposition just not being at it on the day. 

Still, people think BR will turn it around and don’t see us as candidates for relegation. What are they watching? I’m starting to think that some fans, just like the media, aren’t really watching at all. It’s honestly mystifying how Rodgers has managed to cultivate so much delusion - it’s there at every level. The board’s inaction, the managerial incompetence, player delusion (Maddison’s comments) and finally the average fan’s blindness to the situation we are in. 

The longer this has dragged on the more each has become more culpable for the situation but there’s no doubt for me that it starts with Rodgers and that the healing must begin with his removal. 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Appreciate your post and respect your opinion. I think the snippet above is true and where we have ended up. The attitude has been - 'lets just get through the season and work out when to do when its over'.

The problem is, in any walk of life, you can't just do that. If you don't clean your house and 'see what happens' it becomes an unlivable mess, if you don't look after your car is will likely stop working. If a business didn't hire staff motivated for the job, it will likely see revenue fall.

You can't approach a task like LCFC 2022-2023 with that level of apathy. We've been caught out and everyone is asleep at the wheel (including many fans), because they have gone in with the attitude 'everything is going to be ok' (see Madders tweet after the Saints game). They have tried to 'kick the can down the road', but the can bounced off a wall and thumped them in the face.  Rodgers has been screaming to be fired several times this season, and the team has been put in this holding patter where 'it will all be fine', even though most will then be gone anyway to get better deals at other clubs no matter what. The apathy has leaked everywhere  - its amazing how it spreads so easily. Every team we field in every age group is currently f**ed.

On MOTD a few weeks back Ian Wright praised Rodgers for not panicking. I'm not sure Wright knew exactly how bad things were (he was probably looking at this from the apathy view point as well). But it wasn't a case of not panicking, it was that the management didn't give a crap as they just assumed everything was going to be just fine.

Hopefully, we see action now. If LCFC 2022-2023 was that Restaurant, it needs a c**t like Gordon Ramsey to come in and do a quick job shaking everything up and telling EVERYONE where they are not pulling their weight.  

Its too late now in my opinion. There were 2 slots this season (after Brighton / Spurs thumping, and before the recent international break) where it made more sense to do it. However, if this club actually cared about the situation it found itself in, the Rodgers gets the call this morning that his services aren't needed anymore, and the club goes into an emergency 'survival' mode where everyone has to buy into to the short survival project. You know what, its amazing how easy it is to get people to buy into a project like 'surviving for you lives'.

We have to do it NOW. Relegation is certain with Brendan + this attitude. New Manager and club in survival mode will mean relegation is still very likely, but we have a fighting chance, and i think all fans would get behind that.

The final paragraph is the key point for me - we need to be united as a club and get behind the team, giving them all our support. While BR stays, it will be a mix of apathy and anger which is toxic given the situation. 

25 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The days of the likes of Kasper going to the owners have long gone. 

The club has become spineless since Schmeichel left, he demanded so much from his teammates and the club itself. I think we are seriously missing him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, drew said:

The club has become spineless since Schmeichel left, he demanded so much from his teammates and the club itself. I think we are seriously missing him.

It is pretty obvious that we lack any sort of leadership. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, drew said:

He was allowed to leave precisely because he was a strong voice in the dressing room - too strong, in fact, for our manager. 

• Like 4