Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, damolcfc said:

That's what I was thinking..... who gonna make 1st move....

Would spurs wait til end of season... but then Rogers has relegated us... would they take him still?

And pay compo...

Or wait for us to sack....??? 

I'd say Rogers could have a positive impact on there CL hopes, but then you mix his bottler tendencies with Spurs as a club, and you'd probably think may aswell wait til the summer when more options are available.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Fox said:

I think the thing football fans forget sometimes is you can both be a good coach/manager/player, but not the right person for a particular team or situation at any particular point in time.

I still think Rodgers is a good manger, and will still go on and get a new job and do well in the PL or wherever he chooses to go next, however, he is not the person for us right now, with the crop of players he has in front of him.

You forgot one pertinent point. He’s a good manager for two years.

I don’t think many would disagree with that.

35 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

I wonder if a problem is that a lot of senior players know they are out of contract or soon to be in their final year. They know they're moving on in the summer so no impetus to go to Rudkin and get Rodgers sacked. 

Mendy, Amartey, Evans, Tielemans deals up in the summer. 

Maddison, Ndidi, Nacho, Vardy only one year left

Which leaves our senior pros with long term deals as...Barnes, Ricardo, KDH, Castagne? 

Spot on, this is a huge problem. I don't think all players have a 'couldn't care less' attitude, but i think Rodgers is failing to spot the players that do have this attitude.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

I think the thing football fans forget sometimes is you can both be a good coach/manager/player, but not the right person for a particular team or situation at any particular point in time.

I still think Rodgers is a good manger, and will still go on and get a new job and do well in the PL or wherever he chooses to go next, however, he is not the person for us right now, with the crop of players he has in front of him.

But they are his players

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

I wonder if a problem is that a lot of senior players know they are out of contract or soon to be in their final year. They know they're moving on in the summer so no impetus to go to Rudkin and get Rodgers sacked. 

Mendy, Amartey, Evans, Tielemans deals up in the summer. 

Maddison, Ndidi, Nacho, Vardy only one year left

Which leaves our senior pros with long term deals as...Barnes, Ricardo, KDH, Castagne? 

Or they have no desire to put in the required effort on the pitch. You look at our squad and it’s full of players who know they won’t be here next season and aren’t pulling up trees to win the next ball. 
This imo is the biggest problem we have, too many people are looking for their next contract away from here and do not want to risk an injury.

I think he will get sacked today or certainly next week if we lose to villa. The people who run the club aren't that stupid and they'll see the cost of payout is less than certain relegation. Up to now they've been gambling but I think they've set a stop loss limit and we are now at that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, John12345 said:

I think he will get sacked today or certainly next week if we lose to villa. The people who run the club aren't that stupid and they'll see the cost of payout is less than certain relegation. Up to now they've been gambling but I think they've set a stop loss limit and we are now at that.

He’s going nowhere. 

Owner and board are even more clueless than him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Walshie is God said:

But they are his players

It doesn’t matter who’s players they are, the point is he is no longer able to get a tune out of them. Now there is a variety of reasons for this, but without going to deep, if you can’t get the best out of what’s in front of you when it’s needed, it’s time to go.

1 minute ago, John12345 said:

Yes, yes they are!

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Or they have no desire to put in the required effort on the pitch. You look at our squad and it’s full of players who know they won’t be here next season and aren’t pulling up trees to win the next ball. 
This imo is the biggest problem we have, too many people are looking for their next contract away from here and do not want to risk an injury.

Surely there has to be 1-2 u23s we could put in the squad to add a bit of freshness? Thomas did OK when he was initially thrown in the deep end.

• Like 1

Just now, Beachyboy said:

Surely there has to be 1-2 u23s we could put in the squad to add a bit of freshness? Thomas did OK when he was initially thrown in the deep end.

The biggest problem we have there is the best of the crop are either out on loan or injured - the rest are also bottom of the league 

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Too late now, genuinely. 

Wonder if those fans will still spit and try to attack the lady holding up the Rodgers out banner…reap what you sow. 

I don’t think they have sown anything and there’s no point in pointing fingers, they have no more say in what’s happened/happening that you or I

Brendan must go into every Monday dreading that call from the board to discuss his future

Then be in shock when it doesnt happen 🤣

Even the players must be shocked he's still here

Edited by HarryDee8
  • Haha 1

Just now, HarryDee8 said:

Brendan must go into every Monday dreading that call from the board to discuss his future

Then be in shock that it doesnt happen 🤣

Even the players must be shocked he's still here

Thats the problem. He doesn't dread anything. He can't wait for it. He executed the plan perfectly. Get fired before relegation so he wont get the blame for it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It doesn’t matter who’s players they are, the point is he is no longer able to get a tune out of them. Now there is a variety of reasons for this, but without going to deep, if you can’t get the best out of what’s in front of you when it’s needed, it’s time to go.

Agreed. Brendan thanks now get in the bin

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

The issue is that we don't have 11 players that care whether we're relegated or not.

Total mismanagement by the board to allow so many players to run their contracts down to the point that we're left vulnerable.

Iverson

Kristiansen 

Souttar

Ricardo

Mendy

KDH

Tete

Nacho

Are 8 players that are either new signings/not played a lot/do care we have a bulk of a team that have intrinsic motivation.

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Yes, yes they are!

It's just business. Take all the emotion out of it. They wrote the season off. Wanted to avoid the millions in compensation.  Thought we'd finish 15th and he'd go for free in summer. Now they'll act as the gamble is going to go wrong otherwise. Well that's the only logical explanation. I think you'll see it within the next week.

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Iverson

Kristiansen 

Souttar

Ricardo

Mendy

KDH

Tete

Nacho

Are 8 players that are either new signings/not played a lot/do care we have a bulk of a team that have intrinsic motivation.

I doubt playing a formation of 3-4-0 will have much impact. It will be the same old same old. 

18 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Rogers ain't the guy for a relegation battle, nobody would sack Moyes for Rogers in the current situation surely, I'd suggest a swap so neither club has to pay compo.

...why would you swap, it is the same manager that has got his team (Moyes) into this position,  it is hardly a positive move!!!

Boardrooms accross the premier league will be filled with incredulity as an established Premier league club prepares to accept relegation, completely uninterested in preventing it.

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Thats the problem. He doesn't dread anything. He can't wait for it. He executed the plan perfectly. Get fired before relegation so he wont get the blame for it.

So the media will blame the guy that takes 8 games at the end of the season rather than the guy that was in charge for 30 games? I fail to see that.