Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

14 minutes ago, John12345 said:

I think he will get sacked today or certainly next week if we lose to villa. The people who run the club aren't that stupid and they'll see the cost of payout is less than certain relegation. Up to now they've been gambling but I think they've set a stop loss limit and we are now at that.

We’re run by ****ing idiots. 

I think MOTD said it well when comparing Hodgson with Viera.

Under Viera palace had 3 shots on target in like 5 games, whereas under a defensively astute Hodgson they had 9 in one (over 20 shots!).

Because Viera wanted ‘patient’ build up and Roy wants quick, direct attacking.

Which of these two approaches sounds like Rodgers? 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

But they are his players

Are they though? The vast majority making the first team and first team squad were here when he got here. His players haven't exactly pulled up any trees. Earlier in the season we started a game with three players in the squad who he'd signed, the rest of the squad was here when he got here. But Ward, Iversen, Ricardo, Thomas, Soyuncu, Amartey, Ndidi, Mendy, KDH, Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy, Iheanacho, Barnes were all at the club when he arrived and most still play a huge part in most matchday squads. Praet, Perez, Soumare, Daka, Tete, Vestergaard, Castagne, Faes, Bertrand all either can't get a game, have been shipped out or have been average at best. Justin is probably his one good signing, Souttar and Kristensen are too early to call.

The one part of the team containing players he mostly signed is the defence and that's the worst part of the team. It was probably one of our strengths when he arrived, but due to sales, injuries and arguments he's had to replace most of the back line, and like nearly all Rodgers signings, they are a lot worse than what he's replaced.

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Too late now, genuinely. 

Wonder if those fans will still spit and try to attack the lady holding up the Rodgers out banner…reap what you sow. 

I’d love to know if any of those people are on here ? what the **** were you angry at guys ? What about the banner angered you more than the bullshit currently being overseen by your beloved manager and chairman ? Intrigued, seriously. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, John12345 said:

It's just business. Take all the emotion out of it. They wrote the season off. Wanted to avoid the millions in compensation.  Thought we'd finish 15th and he'd go for free in summer. Now they'll act as the gamble is going to go wrong otherwise. Well that's the only logical explanation. I think you'll see it within the next week.

Keeping Rodgers for this long defies good business sense

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think the thing football fans forget sometimes is you can both be a good coach/manager/player, but not the right person for a particular team or situation at any particular point in time.

I still think Rodgers is a good manger, and will still go on and get a new job and do well in the PL or wherever he chooses to go next, however, he is not the person for us right now, with the crop of players he has in front of him.

...this is a move away from your usual stance!!!

Mitigating circumstances where he has created the problem, can not be so easily excused. 

41 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Dyche was the obvious one, what he is about is our current weaknesses.  But of course we didnt move and now he has been taken.

I would also have taken dyche. Another one would have been Chris wilder. Either of them on a short term contract until the end of the season. Both would have us playing with more fight  and belief and wouldn't tolerate half hearted performances. Ironically I would have let them go if they kept us up.  If they were unable to save us offer another contract as they know how to get teams out of the championship.   Unfortunately  we missed the chance as brand Brendan  still seems untouchable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John12345 said:

It's just business. Take all the emotion out of it. They wrote the season off. Wanted to avoid the millions in compensation.  Thought we'd finish 15th and he'd go for free in summer. Now they'll act as the gamble is going to go wrong otherwise. Well that's the only logical explanation. I think you'll see it within the next week.

He’d only go for free in the summer if someone wants him and was willing to pay what we pay 

I wonder if there is a business case whereby relegation and straight back promotion is not as big a financial hit as we think due to clauses in contracts (inc the coach). Maybe they think players will be more likely to take a move if we go down aswell - I assume they’ve worked out that clubs who are relegated get lower fees for players. 

Perhaps the gamble isn’t as huge as we think and it is a straight business decision. For us with our emotional side, we can’t take that view 

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Thats the problem. He doesn't dread anything. He can't wait for it. He executed the plan perfectly. Get fired before relegation so he wont get the blame for it.

If you ever listen to Bob Mortimers Athletico Mince podcast (which is very funny) they have the British Managers club which amongst others included Hodgson, Hughes, Big Sam and Pulís and their strategy is “destroy and exit” take a club down by poor transfers, losing games etc and then get sacked taking a large payout with them.

Maybe add BR to the club. 

26 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think the thing football fans forget sometimes is you can both be a good coach/manager/player, but not the right person for a particular team or situation at any particular point in time.

I still think Rodgers is a good manger, and will still go on and get a new job and do well in the PL or wherever he chooses to go next, however, he is not the person for us right now, with the crop of players he has in front of him.

Although a new club may be enough to reinvent himself, I’m leaning more towards him having a small bounce at a new club then quickly descending back into the same position he is in now - underperforming. I think he won’t last 2 seasons in his next job. 

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Stand by. 

I’m praying you’re right Sunil - i don’t think I’ll get through Tuesday evening without having my season tickets suspended as my eldest is insisting on coming with and he won’t hold back 

would prefer to have Albert or Rama providing some info though …

and with his odds to go being 7/2, it seems hugely unlikely 

Edited by st albans fox

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It doesn’t matter who’s players they are, the point is he is no longer able to get a tune out of them. Now there is a variety of reasons for this, but without going to deep, if you can’t get the best out of what’s in front of you when it’s needed, it’s time to go.

He's been unable to do anything remotely positive with his team for a long time. Bar the FA cup, he's been in most part average and shown he's either unable to affect bad spells and problems with his management skills and more worryingly, does not know the answer either. He'll talk his way out of all of that with predictably empty cringe worthy post match comments. I still find it funny that we were pretty much nailed on for a European finish twice and he somehow managed to Bork it.