Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

I can only judge it on what I've seen so far and they've shown no intention of investing the amount it would take to do that. 

Yeah but maybe it’s baby steps 🤷🏻‍♂️

Slightly under three years ago, the notion that we could attract Rodgers was laughed at by many, yet we did. 

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

The club had gone just about as far as it can, there is almost zero chance of getting a top 4 space regularly. So battling out to be best of the rest on a consistent basis and cups is pretty much it. 

I think they are genuinely ok about it too. Winning trophies takes so much heat off and we're close to a sell out tomorrow so the interest is still very high even without Champions League football.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yeah but maybe it’s baby steps 🤷🏻‍♂️

Slightly under three years ago, the notion that we could attract Rodgers was laughed at by many, yet we did. 

There is progress we can still make, I’m talking purely positional in the league. Yeah we can expand the ground, improve the club etc. But to achieve that that top 4 position on a regular basis takes investment we just can’t sustain and the owners haven’t shown willing to do (not a criticism).

The improvements of player facilities and expansion of the ground are the foundations that make it viable to attract players and generate more income in order to buy players. It is gonna take some investment though to make top 4 or even regular top 6 and our owners are not able to drop over £40million on a player at the moment. It’s gonna be a bit lean whilst we regroup post Covid I reckon. Our aim has to be UEFA  qualification and a couple of cup runs/wins this year. Lots of expectancy and little patience and reality out there amongst our fans at the moment - probably another sign of becoming a ‘bigger’ club and having to stomach a new level of entitlement from the fanbase?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Has anyone ever actually said that they expect us to regularly finish in the top 4? I bet they haven't.

As good as, see below - said post got a couple of likes as well  

On 01/11/2021 at 10:09, Kilworthfox said:

There is a top 4 side within this Leicester team that he is unable to find. The continual defensive passes, and risk averse football is laborious. Next!

Most fans I speak to have never thought we would be competing for 4th, let alone expect us to finish in the top 4. But having spent more time in the top 4 then any other team over the last two seasons, has meant it's natural that we feel disappointed at missing out. Disappointment doesn't necessarily equal expectation. BR has done a good job, but if Utd come calling, he'll leave taking Tielmens with him.

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

The improvements of player facilities and expansion of the ground are the foundations that make it viable to attract players and generate more income in order to buy players. It is gonna take some investment though to make top 4 or even regular top 6 and our owners are not able to drop over £40million on a player at the moment. It’s gonna be a bit lean whilst we regroup post Covid I reckon. Our aim has to be UEFA  qualification and a couple of cup runs/wins this year. Lots of expectancy and little patience and reality out there amongst our fans at the moment - probably another sign of becoming a ‘bigger’ club and having to stomach a new level of entitlement from the fanbase?

Too right...We have lost that balance, FT was always a fair read, Bit we Now have a large Minority who have Made it Toxic & entitled...

Too many forgetting Football is about the individual games moments...

Ronaldo could make boobbies 60 minutes long, then come up with magic...FR would rather reflect &  discuss those 60 minutes...

Soyu/Evans/Amartey...(Chilwell) could have Saved our arses with Top interventions & tackles, through majority of the game...

They lose once concentration..und they get crucified

Ricardo Charges up Front & his dynamic, everybody Loves him, but many conveniently forget Now many Tackles he missed or butchered,where the Oppo scored..

I Dont care...its football...!!   

Our best Player in These last 10 years is....SCAPEGOAT.!!     Says it all. really

I Support & like my frustrating - successful team,  The fan base is  what as deteriorated...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Most fans I speak to have never thought we would be competing for 4th, let alone expect us to finish in the top 4. But having spent more time in the top 4 then any other team over the last two seasons, has meant it's natural that we feel disappointed at missing out. Disappointment doesn't necessarily equal expectation. BR has done a good job, but if Utd come calling, he'll leave taking Tielmens with him.

Yes i think Rodgers is gone at the end of the season, I’d imagine to Utd and Youri will probably go there too, in fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s already been sorted, Neville said after Liverpool game that he thought Utd will keep Ole till the end of the season and then make the change, I wonder if he knew something.

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Tielemans is a free human being, not a ****ing pet dog?!?

• Haha 2

Really disappointed that mangers show no long term loyalty to a club, only manager I can think of who has a long term plan for a club is David Moyes. I've said this before earlier on this week that I've been really impressed with his vision for West Ham after reading an interview with him that he wanted West Ham to be like the Hammers of decade's ago. He wants players to play something called 'The West Ham Way', if anyone could enlighten me on this way plz do! He stated that he wanted to get players who want to believe in his way and move those on who he thinks can't. Also this building of West Ham requires a manager who wants to stay at the club long term like a Alex Ferguson type figure. And I don't think Moyes is tempted to go elsewhere or any clubs are in for him yet.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really disappointed that mangers show no long term loyalty to a club, only manager I can think of who has a long term plan for a club is David Moyes. I've said this before earlier on this week that I've been really impressed with his vision for West Ham after reading an interview with him that he wanted West Ham to be like the Hammers of decade's ago. He wants players to play something called 'The West Ham Way', if anyone could enlighten me on this way plz do! He stated that he wanted to get players who want to believe in his way and move those on who he thinks can't. Also this building of West Ham requires a manager who wants to stay at the club long term like a Alex Ferguson type figure. And I don't think Moyes is tempted to go elsewhere or any clubs are in for him yet.

Rodgers has publicly stated his loyalty to us by not going for the Arsenal or Spurs jobs...?

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Moyes had his chance with Utd and got stung, now he has a good position to cement his legacy as a good manager at West ham and he's doing just that, Rodgers will feel he having had that top level job, it came too early and so deserves another go. I think there's a handful of jobs Rodgers would go for and Utd is one of them, it's one of the biggest clubs in the World and he'll believe he can be a success there I would imagine 

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Rodgers has publicly stated his loyalty to us by not going for the Arsenal or Spurs jobs...?

I know but I want real loyalty and commitment, a manager who says he wants to build something and create a legacy.i personally think the Arsenal and Spurs at the time maybe Brendan felt they were in to much of a mess for him and he didn't want the challenge.

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I know but I want real loyalty and commitment, a manager who says he wants to build something and create a legacy.i personally think the Arsenal and Spurs at the time maybe Brendan felt they were in to much of a mess for him and he didn't want the challenge.

Rodgers has said that regularly too.

9 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just one of those daft soundbites they like to trot out every now and then. Many clubs refer to a 'way'. It actually means nothing other than referring back to an era when a particular style was successful for them. In West Ham's case it was probably back in the sixties and a style or 'way' they've never achieved since but fans look back on as a reference point. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Just one of those daft soundbites they like to trot out every now and then. Many clubs refer to a 'way'. It actually means nothing other than referring back to an era when a particular style was successful for them. In West Ham's case it was probably back in the sixties and a style or 'way' they've never achieved since but fans look back on as a reference point. 

Thanks for your answer on the West Ham Way', I just thought it was so cool that Moyes knows about the history of the club or read about it

22 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Based on this what is the "the Leicester way"? and is Brendan buying into it?

• Like 1