Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

And he would be better because?

I'm coming at this from the point of view that Rodgers effectiveness has well and truly worn off, this happens with managers and many successful managers. An overhaul is needed and he's probably earnt the right do be the one to do it but it all depends how much the club consider the squad needs changing quite significantly. If they don't then I see his reign regressing to a sad end.

Rudi Garcia would be a great fit here. We tend to look for experienced managers with a track record for developing young players and who have been successful at similar sized clubs. He's done all of that, impressive manager.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard. Shite idiom, but very apt for us currently.

Id agree on that, and I get where your coming from

I see it as the players struggling for motivation or effort being entirely on how the manager is sending them put there

The players look at their best when they're chasing a goal and playing on instinct

• Like 1

Just now, turlo said:

It does when you play Bertrand (or Thomas) as an attacking wing back resulting in no width or threat down that side what so ever. 

No, it really doesn’t. If everyone get their feckin finger out and moved quicker, found space it could be different.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm coming at this from the point of view that Rodgers effectiveness has well and truly worn off, this happens with managers and many successful managers. An overhaul is needed and he's probably earnt the right do be the one to do it but it all depends how much the club consider the squad needs changing quite significantly. If they don't then I see his reign regressing to a sad end.

Rudi Garcia would be a great fit here. We tend to look for experienced managers with a track record for developing young players and who have been successful at similar sized clubs. He's done all of that, impressive manager.

Fair enough, sensible reasons. Mildly disappointed you didn’t say Gasperini though. lol

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Id agree on that, and I get where your coming from

I see it as the players struggling for motivation or effort being entirely on how the manager is sending them put there

The players look at their best when they're chasing a goal and playing on instinct

I can only asume from what I see, is that the players collectively, are struggling to produce what the manager is asking.  Yet they are continually asked to persavere. 

I believe that they may be starting to lose enthusiasm due to continually not succeeding to implement the tactics and style each game. Its not just the poor results, it's the poor performances aswell. 

Edited by Kilworthfox

It's our mentality that worries me the most. Even when we are behind with time running out we look like like we are 4-0 up in a pre-season friendly. It was the same against Arsenal. Rodgers has been here long enough to have to take ownership of that mentality.

I really dislike watching us at the minute and have done since about February or March. Cup final and Man Utd match aside it has mostly been very dull, very frustrating and nowhere near the levels that we all know we can reach.

Rodgers called the last international break a reset and a chance to reassess but apart from one reactive performance against Man Utd nothing has changed at all.

I won't ever call for him to be sacked after what he's achieved but I'm running low on faith that he will make the changes and improvements required.

• Like 4

I was getting Puel flashbacks watching todays game, I kid you not.

Actually BR is more of a disappointement than CP, because he has better players at his disposal and he's making them forget how to play football

At this point I'm coming to terms with the reality of us being a midtable team (again). I'm neither shocked nor bewildered, just bored and disappointed when watching our games this season (I missed the ManU game sadly). Hopefully we'll finish in the upper half of the table but I just don't see us qualifying for European football

I think Rodgers this season, bar a few enforced injuries, now has got to a point with the quality in the squad, where he doesn’t know his best 11 or best formation to get everyone singing.

So the chopping and changing is having a effect on how we play, and when we go a goal down, it’s forget Rodgers plan and go more Gun Ho to get back in the match.

Were fast becoming reliably predicable and our play is too choreographed to to the point where we all can see what we’re doing before the pass has even been hit....and if that doesn’t work go backwards and try again.

One season of mediocrity has the possibility of our better players being poached, considering the this and last season we fought hard for European football, we’re potentially wimpering out of the competition, that could have a great bearing on us having a good squad to an average one

It's looking like the FA Cup win is papering over the cracks.

Since Man Utd last March the performances have nosedived considerably.

Looked after Moscow away we are back on track but that's looking temporary once again.

Will be a fun few weeks ahead!

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

No, they were slow, even full on 4-4-2 would die if played at a crawl

Formations and personnel do make a difference. Its pretty obvious. 3 at the back with wingbacks that are full backs and crap as wingbacks means there's 1 extra defender on the pitch instead of another attacking player and with wingbacks not good enough to run the flank on their own they are isolated and creativity is restricted. 

We have played this system so much in 2021 and largely been turgid and easy to negate. 

• Like 2