Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, shailen said:

Can we get a grip. We've played some of the best football I've seen under Rodgers and that was also when we were a possession team. We lacked a cutting edge in the final third against Spartak today but if we scored the peno or that Iheanacho chance went in no one would have cared. The fact we didn't isn't Rodgers fault primarily. 

Serious question. When was the last time did we play that 'best football you've seen'? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He did do. From Feb 2019 to Jan 2020 we were astonishing vs teams who played this way against us, we won something daft like 14 out of 17 games against such opposition. We were ruthless and relentless.

There’s no denying this. But overall over during his tenure our football has been shite.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

I wrote that we were in crisis and I was laughed at.  Some choose not to see it. I hope we turn it around soon. 

We’re not in a f***in crisis. Jeez. We’re having a subpar season. 

• Like 1

Having to have to change his system from a back 5 to a 4 every other game because its not worked is infuriating. He needs to stick with a 4. 5 at the back at home is not the way to go. It has rarely worked over the past 2 seasons. We didn't have the wing backs for it tonight but still plays it. Miserable football at the moment. 

1 minute ago, NeilLCFC said:

There’s no denying this. But overall over during his tenure our football has been shite.

It's now about 50/50 on the dross scale. We are very fortunate the the large chunks of us playing well and winning, we've been unreal and it offset the crap but that's now in the balance.

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

This thread is very good and pretty much explains my thoughts in a much better way than I can:

I'm still very much behind Rodgers but I'd agree with all of this. Spot on.

I think he's taking the wrong approach currently but I believe he'll get it right.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_77 said:

We’re not in a f***in crisis. Jeez. We’re having a subpar season. 

Agreed its subpar. 

Have you thought of what that means in terms of retaining players? 

Then the pressure on the recruitment team to go back to picking winners just to try to get back to where we were? 

We have the best squad we have ever assembled... And it is being frittered away in front of our eyes, whilst we are playing dreadful football, and having subpar results. 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No, it really doesn’t. If everyone get their feckin finger out and moved quicker, found space it could be different.

Good attacking wingbacks are essential to that system being effective, otherwise we have no attacking width and teams crowd at the middle to stop us playing through the middle.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's now about 50/50 on the dross scale. We are very fortunate the the large chunks of us playing well and winning, we've been unreal and it offset the crap but that's now in the balance.

Fair point but 50/50 isn’t a record that we should be ok with.

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Serious question. When was the last time did we play that 'best football you've seen'? 

I'm not saying there's no room for improvement, but go back to the times under Shakespeare, Ranieri (2nd season). We played a counter attacking style and whilst it may be more exciting in moments, the results are not as sustainable.

Some of our results over the last two seasons have been fantastic, especially the 9-0 vs Southampton being the stand out. It's been lacklustre this season, but in the main he's proven it works. We were a whisker away from CL football over the last two seasons and we've won a FA cup and comnunity shield playing this boring style of football. I don't know what we want as fans sometimes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Agreed its subpar. 

Have you thought of what that means in terms of retaining players? 

Then the pressure on the recruitment team to go back to picking winners just to try to get back to where we we're? 

We have the best squad we have ever assembled... And it is being frittered away in front of our eyes, whilst we are playing dreadful football, and having subpar results. 

Which is why the club made investments in other areas so we’re not caught with our pants down any time we have a bad season. 

Every season can’t show progress on the table or in competitions. But we’re trending upward overall.