Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Why the **** does everyone paper over the cracks when asking him questions, he gets a far too easy ride. I want the guy to succeed but I also want to hear his thoughts, allowing him to say we played fairly well, created some chances, can still win the next 2 etc, you may as well just rehash the same clips for every interview. It's insulting to the fans to have to listen to a manager accept these performances when they are so far off the standards we should be hitting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Which is why the club made investments in other areas so we’re not caught with our pants down any time we have a bad season. 

Every season can’t show progress on the table or in competitions. But we’re trending upward overall. 

Top has been amazing for Leicester. 

He and Vichai have made brilliant investments in terms of infrastructure and the squad, they really deserve better!!!! 

The squad is stronger this season... hence another reason why I wonder... Why are we worse than last season? 

Why can we not progress every season? Clubs only do not progress if their team is weaker. I appreciate we have suffered injuries, but it's more serious than that! 

We are missing 2 players long term who would have played a part this season, I don't think that is the sole reason for the downturn but it is a contribution. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Why the **** does everyone paper over the cracks when asking him questions, he gets a far too easy ride. I want the guy to succeed but I also want to hear his thoughts, allowing him to say we played fairly well, created some chances, can still win the next 2 etc, you may as well just rehash the same clips for every interview. It's insulting to the fans to have to listen to a manager accept these performances when they are so far off the standards we should be hitting.

He has succeeded, 5th twice and a fa cup. Sorry what is success to you? This is the best time in our history and you want the manager to succeed? Has he failed?

• Like 2

Just now, Kilworthfox said:

Top has been amazing for Leicester. 

He and Vichai have made brilliant investments in terms of infrastructure and the squad, they really deserve better!!!! 

The squad is stronger this season... hence another reason why I wonder... Why are we worse than last season? 

Why can we not progress every season? Clubs only do not progress if their team is weaker. I appreciate we have suffered injuries, but it's more serious than that! 

We are missing 2 players long term who would have played a part this season, I don't think that is the sole reason for the downturn but it is a contribution. 

I hate to do this and tie so much up around one player but there isn’t a game I can think of this season that wouldn’t be different if Fofana played (yeah, I know we sucked for large parts last season even with him). 

It’s a good question you ask. I don’t quite know what the answer is but we’ve had horrible luck with injuries. Most great teams have an identity and can impose their style on a game. Rodgers, for what seems like part of his own character and part necessity, almost wants our side to be all things and master every situation. Sometimes you just have to go back to your bread and butter to win games…I just don’t know what this side’s real identity is. 

2 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

He has succeeded, 5th twice and a fa cup. Sorry what is success to you? This is the best time in our history and you want the manager to succeed? Has he failed?

Wrong question. You should be asking if he is still driving us forward.

• Like 1

Just now, NeilLCFC said:

Wrong question. You should be asking if he is still driving us forward.

Im not sure what driving is forward means? Can we realistically better 5th and a trophy? If you think we should be top 4 then no he isn’t taking us forward. Let’s see what the season brings, I believe we will finish top 6, for me that’s a good season.

37 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I agree, mostly. He's world class but he can be quite slow in possession and quite slow tracking runs back. Everything goes through him, especially in a 3-5-2, because he's our playmaker and our best player, which may be a big contributing factor to our slow, tame and passive style of play.

He is not world class. Blue tinted specs. He’s a quality player and probably our best player but world class he is not. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

I hate to do this and tie so much up around one player but there isn’t a game I can think of this season that wouldn’t be different if Fofana played (yeah, I know we sucked for large parts last season even with him). 

It’s a good question you ask. I don’t quite know what the answer is but we’ve had horrible luck with injuries. Most great teams have an identity and can impose their style on a game. Rodgers, for what seems like part of his own character and part necessity, almost wants our side to be all things and master every situation. Sometimes you just have to go back to your bread and butter to win games…I just don’t know what this side’s real identity is. 

I saw this kind of statement when Evans came back after the Man U win..  And as much as we are better with Evans at centre half, he isn't the difference that will change the whole team, it is like expecting Ronaldo or Maradona to turn up and save us... Tielemans has done this on occasion (Brentford) but he will be gone in the summer with us being subpar (underperforming) now, and why should he accept that? He shouldn't. 

The reason we looked to be better than man u is because they were poor, they couldn't control the midfield and they didn't press us, meaning we pressed a defense for once, so it was kind of like having the old Leicester back, which was great, however the stars aren't always going to align for us in that way. If a crap side like Spartak can get a point sitting on their own 18 yard line, that gives a team like Norwich hope, and then we are really fooked for the league and it could be a long old season. 

• Like 1

Just now, kristianity77 said:

He's not failed as such but it is without question that he finds it difficult to turns slumps around.

Yes, two 5th placed finishes but look where we were in those seasons with a dozen games to go.  Two huge implosions which were only arrested when we finished the season and started the next.  Two years in a row.

This season we've started badly and it shows no sign of stopping.  What is he showing that gives an indication of our fortunes turning around?  Nothing, it's the same brand of football week in week out which isn't working.  We are going backwards as a team due to his rigid tactics that he won't deviate from.  

What brand of football do you want? Best football in my Lifetime. Going backwards??? Lol do you expect us to win the league lol 😂. Enjoy what we have now, as if you think this is bad i would love to know a period in your time as a Leicester fan that was better? This is the best period in our history 

Just now, frany104 said:

He is not world class. Blue tinted specs. He’s a quality player and probably our best player but world class he is not. 

Tielemens is world class, he's just surrounded on the pitch by people not on his level.  You put Tielemens in the Liverpool side or the Man City side and he shines just as bright as most.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Let's be clear, if the penalty had gone in it was still one of the most boring nights of football you could witness.

And it would have been an entirely undeserved win, against a side who literally had 1 chance. What does that say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cecchini1976 said:

What brand of football do you want? Best football in my Lifetime. Going backwards??? Lol do you expect us to win the league lol 😂. Enjoy what we have now, as if you think this is bad i would love to know a period in your time as a Leicester fan that was better? This is the best period in our history 

OK, then answer this, what does aimlessly  passing the ball around the back actually achieve.  Tell me why this is a positive.

I'm not debating whether this is the best time in our history, it obviously is.  I'm saying Rodgers is underachieving with the players we have.  It's his style of play which is crippling our team. 

• Like 2

"He has succeeded, 5th twice and a fa cup. Sorry what is success to you? This is the best time in our history and you want the manager to succeed? Has he failed?"

Success is continuing to build on the foundations that are in place, 5th place finishes after the respective seasons we had had arent successes, they highlight his reputation as a nearly man. FA cup is a unbelievable achievement, but we have invested heavily in this squad and so far performances this season aren't acceptable. We show no signs of turning it around and players appear to be lacking in the fight and togetherness that we have prided ourselves upon of fans of this club.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
I messed up the quote 😂

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Tielemens is world class, he's just surrounded on the pitch by people not on his level.  You put Tielemens in the Liverpool side or the Man City side and he shines just as bright as most.

Tielemans gets nowhere near either of them sides. He’s nowhere near that level. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

OK, then answer this, what does aimlessly  passing the ball around the back actually achieve.  Tell me why this is a positive.

I'm not debating whether this is the best time in our history, it obviously is.  I'm saying Rodgers is underachieving with the players we have.  It's his style of play which is crippling our team. 

You don't have a top four squad. That's just a basic fact. City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United all have better squads. You only have two players who have scored more than one goal in the league. Your back three are an aging defender, an inconsistent but sometimes good one, and a converted midfielder. Your top scorer is closer to retirement. Aiming for the top 6 is exactly where Leicester should be, with a bit of hope of making top four if one of the big clubs slip up. And your are on course for that right now. 

7 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

"He has succeeded, 5th twice and a fa cup. Sorry what is success to you? This is the best time in our history and you want the manager to succeed? Has he failed?"

Success is continuing to build on the foundations that are in place, 5th place finishes after the respective seasons we had had arent successes, they highlight his reputation as a nearly man. FA cup is a unbelievable achievement, but we have invested heavily in this squad and so far performances this season aren't acceptable. We show no signs of turning it around and players appear to be lacking in the fight and togetherness that we have prided ourselves upon of fans of this club.

But compared to the teams you believe we should finish above and get in the top 4 our outlay is peanuts and wages are peanuts