Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....Soyuncu was doing that....!!!

We had two full backs playing as wingbacks, three at the backs means we have three players marking one player, not a great way of using our resources.

So again, if one of the defenders is pushing into midfield, where is the problem? It's only three at the back if all defenders stand still

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....you haven't watched us much!!!

Tielemans lacks pace, he always has done and we knew what we were getting when he came here. He is not a dynamic player but what he does in games is pretty special. Maddison is also not a dynamic player, he has plateaued but they are not playing in second gear because they have failed to get the move you allege them to be waiting for.

We are not noted for scoring from corners, you picked a good night to watch that event happening tonight, we have gone over 200 corners without scoring. Possession is not everything, we proved all that when we won the league.

At the moment we are a team out of synch and a manager who repeatedly selects a formation, disproportional to the teams we are playing

Tielemans constantly took up positions behind the ball when there was no need. He also failed to take a shot. He didnt impact this game as your go-to player on the field. You can't blame Rodgers for that, surely.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

It's is just that simple? Maybe. 

However consider this :

We are awful at defending and attacking any set peice, and I acknowledge we scored tonight, but that is a collectors item. 

We create almost no clear cut chances from all of our posession... 77% tonight, and how many 1v1s how many amazing saves did the Spartak keeper have to make? 

Oh we can't defend! 

We are so slow in posession it wouldn't trouble your grandparents. 

We are bereft of any confidence we take no risks with the ball and just end up playing uninspiring sideways, and back passes under the pretence that we are controlling the game, when in fact the opposition are allowing us to have the ball in safe areas that we can't hurt them. 

Or is it that we missed 1 penalty? No! We were a top 5 side, now we are a shambles, make your mind up. 

The season isn't over. Nothing is won in November. 

4 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

So again, if one of the defenders is pushing into midfield, where is the problem? It's only three at the back if all defenders stand still

....we could then have a bonafide Midfielder supporting Youri and Soumare...!!!

Although Soyuncu was making those forays upfield, it is not a substitute for an extra Forward or attacking player further up the pitch.

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we could then have a bonafide Midfielder supporting Youri and Soumare...!!!

Although Soyuncu was making those forays upfield, it is not a substitute for an extra Forward or attacking player further up the pitch.

You had 77% possession. How much support did they need? What you needed was for Tielemans to shoot, and for Vardy to score his penalty. A few inches lower on Soumares shot as well and that's a 3-1 European game in total. Rodgers wasnt the problem here. 

Edited by Guest454545
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

You had 77% possession. How much support did they need? What you need was for Tielemans to shoot, and got Vardy to score his penalty. A few inches lower on Soumares shot as well and that's a 3-1 European game in total. Rodgers wasnt the problem here. 

The penalty was a gift. The shot of Soumare a stroke of genius.

We shouldn't be relying on such instances against such opposition.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The penalty was a gift. The shot of Soumare a stroke of genius.

We shouldn't be relying on such instances against such opposition.

That's what football is. Barca wouldn't have won half as much as they did without the genius of Messi. United are scraping by on the genius of Ronaldo. That's the game. Moscow sat in a block in front of their goal. It was always going to be a tight one that needed improvisation or chance to create goals. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

That's what football is. Barca wouldn't have won half as much as they did without the genius of Messi. United are scraping by on the genius of Ronaldo. That's the game. Moscow sat in a block in front of their goal. It was always going to be a tight one that needed improvisation or chance to create goals. 

OK so why did he stick with 3 at the back then?  and make like for like subs could have gone more attacking. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

One thing I will say is you can’t really get on his back for playing the back three. 

We have to when Barnes isn’t available, because we have no width otherwise.

We’ve got a problems all over the pitch, the main one being were either playing with no confidence, or are being instructed to play a certain way. 

Either way it isn’t good, and we’re in for a painfully long and inconsistent season. 

Do you honestly consider that playing Bertrand at wing back gives us width?

Our poor league form could be forgiven if we were smashing it in Europe or vice versa but the reality is we have been dreadful in every competition. We haven't even put in a good performance in the league cup but somehow find ourselves on the quarter final. I'm certainly not Rodgers out yet but he has a big 6-8 weeks coming up between now and New year. If we dive out of Europe and our league form doesn't improve, he could be gone. Top is ambitious and still wants the club to be as successful as possible and won't be happy at all with how this season is panning out. For once we haven't sold any key players and weve invested in Soumare, Daka, Vestergaard and Bertrand (wages and sign on fee), yet we are going backwards. Losing fofana has been huge plus Ndidi, Evans, Ricardo plus others have missed key games (plus Justin) but we have still had a team good enough to be beating shite like Spartak, Legia, and Burnley. Other than the Man United game, we've honestly not played well in a single game this season. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Guest454545 said:

What would changing the formation have done?

Whaaaat? So you're saying they parked the bus and you're asking what would have changing the formation of done? so by putting more attacking players on and not subbing like for like and not keeping 3 at the back erm do I have to explain it further or is it now self explanatory to you after I've explained it? amazin.

4 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Whaaaat? So you're saying they parked the bus and you're asking what would have changing the formation of done? so by putting more attacking players on and not subbing like for like and not keeping 3 at the back erm do I have to explain it further or is it now self explanatory to you after I've explained it? amazin.

I'll ask again. You had 77% possession and 14 total shots and missed a penalty. How would changing the formation have changed the result of the game? 

19 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

I'll ask again. You had 77% possession and 14 total shots and missed a penalty. How would changing the formation have changed the result of the game? 

Ok I’ve already explained how didn’t sink in though l,think along the lines of different actions have different consequences . Read it again try and understand , definitely a you problem for not understanding you’re not even a Leicester Fan anyway. Amazin 

4 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Ok I’ve already explained how didn’t sink in though l,think along the lines of different actions have different consequences . Read it again try and understand , definitely a you problem for not understanding you’re not even a Leicester Fan anyway. Amazin 

So what do you think might have changed if Tielemans had had a few shots instead of passing it off all the time?

5 hours ago, Guest454545 said:

There are several problems.

1) A defender pushing into midfield isn't going to give the same quality of attacking support as a midfielder; it's a different role.

2) If a defender pushes up then he is out of position when the opposition counter and the rest of the defence is awry.  We see that time and time again, and it was exactly how we conceded last night.

Furthermore, when defending with 3 centre backs we seem confused about who has responsibility for which opposition forwards.  A moment's hesitation while 2 defenders wait for the other to make a move for the ball can be crucial.

11 minutes ago, deep blue said:

There are several problems.

1) A defender pushing into midfield isn't going to give the same quality of attacking support as a midfielder; it's a different role.

2) If a defender pushes up then he is out of position when the opposition counter and the rest of the defence is awry.  We see that time and time again, and it was exactly how we conceded last night.

Furthermore, when defending with 3 centre backs we seem confused about who has responsibility for which opposition forwards.  A moment's hesitation while 2 defenders wait for the other to make a move for the ball can be crucial.

You defend zonally, so it's whoever is nearest. If they can't figure that out, that's a player issue

For your goal conceded, you had 8 players versus 2 attackers in the box. You didn't get caught out. Tielemans stopped marking his player. In fact, he moved away from him just before the header

They had one shot on goal, they scored. You dominated the game and missed a penalty and hit the post twice. Should have been a 2-1 game at least. Rodgers did his job. Your players didn't. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

You defend zonally, so it's whoever is nearest. If they can't figure that out, that's a player issue

For your goal conceded, you had 8 players versus 2 attackers in the box. You didn't get caught out. Tielemans stopped marking his player. In fact, he moved away from him just before the header

They had one shot on goal, they scored. You dominated the game and missed a penalty and hit the post twice. Should have been a 2-1 game at least. Rodgers did his job. Your players didn't. 

Thank you for coming here and trying. I appreciate it very much. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Guest454545 said:

If Man City or Liverpool have that much possession they have 10 shots on target minimum, and are at 25 shots in total! 13 and 3 is t good enough with 77% possession! We kept the ball and did nothing with it! Literally all we must do in training is keep ball! Take a risk in final third every now and then, only youri really does that! So frustrating! 

7 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I too hope I'm wrong. I'd love for us to start churning out results, admittedly while getting forward quicker and having a bit more cutting edge lol I would still like to hear BR face some tougher questions, I feel we deserve a little more than the 'I thought we played well' opening line.

I feel we just don’t move the ball quick enough in the last 3rd, and we don’t have many players capable of beating a few men to create space.