Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

24 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

Have you looked at your heatmaps? Tielemans plays mostly on the right, allowing Castagne to overlap him. He played very little on the left side. He dropped out of the block to look for and recycle the ball. He had 3 defenders begins him to do that. He should have been in and around the box taking shots on goal and creating danger for Spartak. Dewsbury-Hall had 14 touches and managed 2 shots. Tielemans had 107 and managed none. That's a problem. Teamwise, the majority of the have was played on the wings just outside the penalty area but very much in the Spartak half.

Yeh the current team set up is a problem. One of Dewsbury-Hall’s  shots was poor, with no chance of scoring. That won’t be reflected in the 2 shot statistics he has. 3 at the back meant we lost an additional man attacking. Tielemans can’t do everything, The ball was in their half but I’d suggest it was mainly in possession of our back 3. We have only one fit player capable of playing the wing back role in Castagne so whilst we only have one, and we are playing against a side where we are likely to dominate possession then we simply can’t play it. 

Edited by funkyrobot

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh the current team set up is a problem. Dewsbury-Hall’s shots were poor, with no chance of scoring. That won’t be reflected in the 2 shot statistics he has. 3 at the back meant we lost an additional man attacking. Tielemans can’t do everything, The ball was in their half but I’d suggest it was mainly in possession of our back 3. We have only one fit player capable of playing the wing back role in Castagne so whilst we only have one, and we are playing against a side where we are likely to dominate possession then we simply can’t play it. 

For sure he can't do everything. But he can have a shot at least. Especially against a low block where most of the space is outside of the box and he is known for long shots. 90+ minutes. No shots. Look at where his touches were. If people want to talk about slow tempo, too much possession and lack of chances, your main midfielder was incredibly negligent in making it all better.

Screenshot_20211105-042530_Chrome.jpg

21 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You're clutching at straws to justify what was a pathetic performance. It should have been a hammering looking at the quality of the sides and the possession we had. We created very little indeed. The penalty was soft (and subsequently crap in quality), the Soumare shot a bolt from nowhere near the goal.

Last Saturday, Ramsdale was Banks, Shilton, Southall, Jennings and Felix wrapped into one in the greatest goalkeeping performance of all time to deny us if you read the narrative of some to justify how poor we are at the moment. 

If you want to keep making excuses fine. I don't. The standard of the football and the end product is undeniably poor. Rodgers has a big job on his hands to rectify matters. The absentees excuse doesn't cut mustard either. 

Come on, get a grip. Frustrating yes, feels like a defeat yes, but pathetic?

Vardy scores (not that he should have taken the pen anyway having barely touched the ball since coming on) we win comfortably enough and no-one on here moans about the (actually very decent) performance.

8 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Vardy scores (not that he should have taken the pen anyway having barely touched the ball since coming on) we win comfortably enough and no-one on here moans about the (actually very decent) performance.

Not having that. We played against a terrible side (let's be honest here) and aside from the penalty, their keeper didn't have a save to make. West Ham would have won that game comfortably. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Through injuries. Not totally to blame and not trying to use it as a cop out. But he's had to adapt and change tactic to suit players available. And when that changes so regularly, it can be difficult for the players. Which is why it's only every so often we look actually decent, and other times it's slow and ponderous and players look lost. 

I'd love for us to have a run of games where we can play a regular starting XI with only making max 1-2 changes here and there. Get that fluidity and consistency back. The problem is that some back up players, Bertrand in particular, don't seem up to standard and are very much a weak link. 

I'd love to know when the last time we could field our strongest XI for more than 2 or 3 successive games. Probably before COVID. 

Like I said though, it's not just injuries to blame. There's a problem with some players' mentality and when confidence is shot on top of that it's always going to be more of an uphill battle. Manager to blame in some respects but he can't account for players getting in the way of goal-bound shots or usually reliable players missing penalties.

The other issue now is that if we win a game, it's 'papering over the cracks'. If we don't, then all of those issues are magnified. The pressure is on to play the perfect game and it's not working. Go back to basics and get those right and we'll profit. 

Only if the performance levels are the same. The Man Utd game felt like a real turning point, then we took a similar gusto into the Spartak away game.

Then we have immediately reverted to the same brand of football where we dont look interested in scoring until it gets desperate late on.

I think Rodgers is stuck in a rut and its rubbing off on the players as well. I dont see how we get out of it without a manager change at this point.

Ive seen a leicester team with Konchesky, GTF and Dean Hammond take a game to Chelsea and give them a real scare. Im not having the injuries as an excuse for Rodgers. The teams he can field are good. 

Its clear to me that this safety first style of football is just kind of leaving us in a sh*tty limbo of footballing purgatory. Its bleak man.

Anyway enough thinking about Leicester for today...im gonna go to Leeds and get p*ssed and watch Milburn. Spending the day with a smug newcastle fan should be fun :D

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Not having that. We played against a terrible side (let's be honest here) and aside from the penalty, their keeper didn't have a save to make. West Ham would have won that game comfortably. 

It's my opinion, and you are certainly entitled to yours. But Spartak terrible?

1 hour ago, Guest454545 said:

City average 64% possession and average 18 shots total and 6 shots on target. Liverpool are 61% possession, 20 shots total and 7 shots on target. City against Palace, 68% possession, 14 total shots only 3 on target. Versus West Ham, they had 65% possession, 25 total shots, 7 on target, zero goals. Is that Pep's fault? Or is it a combination of factors which also include the performance of the other team, in order to stifle the City attack? Games like that happen. Especially in Europe. Two 5th place finishes, an FA Cup, a League Cup quarter final, 2 EL have left and you're 2 points off the top of your group with the 1st and 2nd place teams left to play so your fate is entirely in your own hands, and you're 8 points off second place in the league with 28 games to go. And this is reason to criticize your manager? There are a lot of club's fans who would love to be in that position. 

It is difficult for many of us to see any positivity when out performances are so poor and boring and have been for 10 months. If our performances were a bit poor and boring but we sat top of the group on the verge of qualifying and our league results had been better then fair enough. Or on the other side of it, if we are where we are but our performances were really good and we could all see signs that our luck will change and we will start improving then also fine. Right now, none of our fans go into any game confident that we we will either win or play well. There is an element that we as a fanbase have become more expectant because of our league win and then the fa Cup win but we are mainly expectant because we know what this manager and this group of players are capable of and right now they are nowhere near the level they are capable of. We've had worse players and worse managers but when we have been crap we just accept we were crap but now expectations are higher in line with the calibre of manager and players we have. Are we expecting to win the league? No. Are we expecting to fight for top 4/5 and have a good go in Europe. 100%. We won't accept mediocrity and neither will our owner, even if we have had many many years of mediocrity. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

It's my opinion, and you are certainly entitled to yours. But Spartak terrible?

They're in the bottom half of the Russian League and they lost 7-1 to Zenit after they played us last time. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Only if the performance levels are the same. The Man Utd game felt like a real turning point, then we took a similar gusto into the Spartak away game.

Then we have immediately reverted to the same brand of football where we dont look interested in scoring until it gets desperate late on.

I think Rodgers is stuck in a rut and its rubbing off on the players as well. I dont see how we get out of it without a manager change at this point.

Ive seen a leicester team with Konchesky, GTF and Dean Hammond take a game to Chelsea and give them a real scare. Im not having the injuries as an excuse for Rodgers. The teams he can field are good. 

Its clear to me that this safety first style of football is just kind of leaving us in a sh*tty limbo of footballing purgatory. Its bleak man.

Anyway enough thinking about Leicester for today...im gonna go to Leeds and get p*ssed and watch Milburn. Spending the day with a smug newcastle fan should be fun :D

But who is the replacement for Rodgers? I think that's a massive backwards step should we get rid of him. 

I get it's not the best and can totally appreciate its not entertaining for most of the time. Results have been below par. 

But I still don't see it as cause for getting rid of him. If he started off like this, then yeah. The fact we've seen him employ an entertaining 'brand' of football gives me hope we can go back to it regularly. 

16 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Yes it was pathetic. Turgid and toothless against piss poor opposition. Very decent? You're having a laugh 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Makes me laugh this does. Thread goes ' Hot' every time we don't win :D and he gotta go. We put in the performance against United and he is the top 3 managers of all time. We struggle to break down a team and he is Puel mark two. 

Some of you need to have a think about the dross we would potentially replace him with. He is the best manager for us to take us forward. 

He’s been taking us backwards (and sideways) for quite some time now. Sadly I don’t see him taking us forward anymore.

Fast attacking football has worked for this team, but he’s so obsessed with possession and ‘controlling the game’. Just look at his mood and comments after the West Brom games.

Edited by NeilLCFC
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

For sure he can't do everything. But he can have a shot at least. Especially against a low block where most of the space is outside of the box and he is known for long shots. 90+ minutes. No shots. Look at where his touches were. If people want to talk about slow tempo, too much possession and lack of chances, your main midfielder was incredibly negligent in making it all better.

Screenshot_20211105-042530_Chrome.jpg

Tielemans didn’t have his best game for us last night but he’s not to blame for the result. When we started with a back 5, particularly after it failed so badly on Saturday, with no effective left wing back and against a team that was only playing one up I was worried. You can show me all the statistics you want but I reckon the majority of Leicester fans would’ve been happier with a flat back 4, the extra attacking options and the faster tempo that it brought against Arsenal on Saturday. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

At least 15 of the teams in the prem and even some top championship teams would have won that comfortably. Spartak and Legia are awful. I couldn't care less that Spartak beat Napoli, I'm only interested in our results and performances and drawing with Spartak and losing to Legia is completely unacceptable. Even throwing a 2 goal lead away to napoli was a joke. We should have this group wrapped up now so we could manage the game time of our key players going into the hectic Xmas schedule but instead we will have to play strong sides in our remaining 2 games to try and qualify. It will just rub salt in the wounds if we finish 3rd and end up in the conference league. Top 2 or 4th it needs to be in my opinion. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Tielemans didn’t have his best game for us last night but he’s not to blame for the result. When we started with a back 5, particularly after it failed so badly on Saturday, with no effective left wing back and against a team that was only playing one up I was worried. You can show me all the statistics you want but I reckon the majority of Leicester fans would’ve been happier with a flat back 4, the extra attacking options and the faster tempo that it brought against Arsenal on Saturday. 

That's a fair point. But would they be happy with a 1-1 draw despite playing with a back four instead? If the only thing that was different was that you played a back four, but everything else in the game happened the same, would Rodgers be getting as much criticism? 

Edited by Guest454545

27 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It wasn't a decent performance at all, not sure where people are getting that from.

We had about 3 shots on target including a penalty.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It is difficult for many of us to see any positivity when out performances are so poor and boring and have been for 10 months. If our performances were a bit poor and boring but we sat top of the group on the verge of qualifying and our league results had been better then fair enough. Or on the other side of it, if we are where we are but our performances were really good and we could all see signs that our luck will change and we will start improving then also fine. Right now, none of our fans go into any game confident that we we will either win or play well. There is an element that we as a fanbase have become more expectant because of our league win and then the fa Cup win but we are mainly expectant because we know what this manager and this group of players are capable of and right now they are nowhere near the level they are capable of. We've had worse players and worse managers but when we have been crap we just accept we were crap but now expectations are higher in line with the calibre of manager and players we have. Are we expecting to win the league? No. Are we expecting to fight for top 4/5 and have a good go in Europe. 100%. We won't accept mediocrity and neither will our owner, even if we have had many many years of mediocrity. 

Fair do's. But that almost makes it sound like the result dictates the opinion of the manager, no? I'm only interested here because the missus is a Leicester fan and she likes to know the mood of things and the team now and then. But it seems to me that time here the day off the FA Cup final win, Rodgers could do no wrong. So far, you are in with a shout in every single competition you are in, in terms of having a successful season. Does Rodgers not get credit for that? 

25 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

He’s been taking us backwards (and sideways) for quite some time now. Sadly I don’t see him taking us forward anymore.

Fast attacking football has worked for this team, but he’s so obsessed with possession and ‘controlling the game’. Just look at his mood and comments after the West Brom games.

Backwards ? We have finished 5th two seasons in a row and won the FA cup? 

He have been plagued with injury (and illness last night) 

To say he has taken is backwards is simply wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Firstly I’ll start by saying the atmosphere was diabolical last night - possibly the worst in a long long time, you could hear a pin drop.

There we’re sections who were trying and I heard “Brendan Rodgers, Blue and White army” for quite a sustained amount of time which snowballed and did get as loud as any chant last night.

First time I’ve really heard much chanting for him, the irony is people, even the most ardent of happy clappers or apologists are now actually questioning him/decisions/style of play.

Still genuinely baffled as to how it’s took them so long but it unfortunately seems like were coming to a head now.

6 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

Fair do's. But that almost makes it sound like the result dictates the opinion of the manager, no? I'm only interested here because the missus is a Leicester fan and she likes to know the mood of things and the team now and then. But it seems to me that time here the day off the FA Cup final win, Rodgers could do no wrong. So far, you are in with a shout in every single competition you are in, in terms of having a successful season. Does Rodgers not get credit for that? 

I'm not personally saying we should sack him now and he deserves alot of credit for winning the fa Cup. But that doesn't mean he has a free pass when things take a downward turn. He won't be sacked anytime soon but if we drop out of Europe and our league form doesn't improve, questions will be asked over Xmas. It is fine margins and if we qualify from the group and win a few games in the league then everyone will be happy again. But if we don't, the fans will rightly voice their concerns. The nature of football is the manager is the one that takes most of the brunt. It is easy to hire and fire a manager, not so easy to get rid and replace your whole squad if they are also under performing. 

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Okay let's all cry and boo cuz we didn't win. Such terrible times at Leicester. FFS we were unlucky. Another day that game is 3/4-1.

The standard of football really isn't as poor as you make out, it's just not as good as what it can be when we're on top of our game. 

I am not crying or booing. Just telling it as it is. If you are satisfied with the standard of the football or the results, so be it. We haven't been at the top of our game for quite some time. That is a fact. If you choose to ignore it, that's your prerogative. Equally mine is to disagree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Makes me laugh this does. Thread goes ' Hot' every time we don't win :D and he gotta go. We put in the performance against United and he is the top 3 managers of all time. We struggle to break down a team and he is Puel mark two. 

Some of you need to have a think about the dross we would potentially replace him with. He is the best manager for us to take us forward. 

BR is, in my eyes, the best man for the job. I will caveat that with the best we could attract before I get jumped on. 

He has also has enough credit in the bank for his job not to be under pressure.

However, the natives will get restless if you aren't getting results or performances. You can have one without the other, but if you don't have either, there will be some background noise.

We have just had three home games on the bounce. We have lost one drawing two whilst playing very tepid slow football. 

Hardy the recipe for a happy fan base. 

Guest Kopfkino

This ‘on another day it’d been…’ that’s being said in different places today is some of the worst bollocks of the season. If you think the every single one of the only opportunities of note hitting the back of the net is sufficient for on another we’d win that comfortably then you can’t watch much football. 

I mean we can all go for absurd ‘another days’. On another day Man Utd could have been 3-0 up at half time, Palace could have beaten us 6-0, Wolves come from behind to beat us easily, Brentford beat us 2-0 comfortably, even Norwich manage at least a draw.

We were poor yet again. We had 0.17 xG until the 57th minute, a team with almost no attacking ambition managed 0.36 in that time. Our open-play xG was 0.89 (caveated by the fact the move for the penalty could have given us a decent chance) because all we created in the whole game was the KDH/Iheanacho game.

Again really worried by his post-match press conference. He thought the fact we could have played it quicker would be nitpicking, thinks we created chances and said we arrived into good areas a lot of the time which I’m not sure I agree with but even if we did, to be unable to arrive into good areas and actually have a shot isn’t good.