Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Perez is a poor winger.  

Our formation was about as good as it could be with the players available.  

It could be argued that our recruitment is at fault as the squad is a little unbalanced due to lack of wide men (but that may have been in part due to centre back injuries).  Defensively we were poor for their goal.  

Overall, we were unlucky not to win that particular game.   We were a little unlucky against Arsenal.  We were robbed against Brighton.  We were lucky against Wolves and maybe Norwich.   We have not fired properly this season but we have the potential to go on a run.   Rodgers management on Wednesday was fine.  

Agree Perez is a poor winger/not a winger but, again, this position wasn't addressed in the summer which has led to this.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Dunno, Perez ain’t that bad as a squad player and Lookman brings some quality into the wide areas. If Barnes comes back into form then we’ll be saying our wide options are good for now. 

If we go back four , the wingers/wide men are going to have track back and defend when we lose possession. This is Rodgers's chief problem with Barnes . If he and Lookman show that side of their games , then Rodgers will start them more.

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Of course it's ok to expect better, but can't people do that without calling for the manager's head? 

It doesn't really matter what the fans think, if that was the case Ranieri would never have been sacked. If we don't challenge for a European place then I'd imagine the powers that be will be discussing Brendan's position because our budget now demands it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Dunno, Perez ain’t that bad as a squad player and Lookman brings some quality into the wide areas. If Barnes comes back into form then we’ll be saying our wide options are good for now. 

Our wide options haven't been good enough for a while, Barnes when on form is excellent, Lookman is a short term option like Under, who will be gone in the summer.

The purchase of a quality RW should be number 1 on our shopping list. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah man I like him as a squad player, I just meant he isn't a winger which we force him into.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Our wide options haven't been good enough for a while, Barnes when on form is excellent, Lookman is a short term option like Under, who will be gone in the summer.

BR should have sorted that out by now, but has failed to do so. He wasted £30m on Perez and £20m on Praet - he could have spent that on a top notch winger. Lookman is really not the answer, and is a knee jerk reaction

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I find myself flip flopping between it all though, so it's no surprise. For example if I read another teams fans mocking us for being crap this season, I'd stick up for us and probably peddle the same bull shit that I get angry about reading from our own fans. I then criticise our club for the repeated mistakes and poor football we have largely seen for a long while now.

In moments like this, I ask myself a simple honest question. Are we playing to within a margin of our capabilities? The answer is no and therefore questions should be asked.

This is so hilariously spot on. Everybody’s a gangster until they cross MY Leicester. Even though I know full well we have a really shit performance in us atm :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Beware the Sancho trap. Quality wide men are as rare as hens teeth and extremely expensive. We didn't get Trincao or Madueke and that was probably fortunate. Our main target should be an experienced and proven midfield player to replace Tielemans preferably someone with leadership qualities.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Rodgers just seems half arsed to me, something seems off tbh and I cannot put my finger on it 

Trying very hard to get the old heave ho and a massive pay off

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

But hes not going to drop his fixation is he.  To become a top manager you have to have oodles of self belief.  That's why when things arent working they just keep on digging.  Rodgers wont change.

If we run more and if we start finishing then no one will mind.

Interesting you say this because some people say he is arrogant.

So which is it?

Don’t know what to think anymore, part of me feels I should be grateful to have a manager of Brendan stature here and should know we can’t attract a better coach but I’m just so pissed off and sick of watching the same shite every game at the moment, it’s like Groundhog Day! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, sammy82 said:

Don’t know what to think anymore, part of me feels I should be grateful to have a manager of Brendan stature here and should know we can’t attract a better coach but I’m just so pissed off and sick of watching the same shite every game at the moment, it’s like Groundhog Day! 

I’m purposely not shouting ‘Rodger’s out’ because nobody knows who we could get in if he went.

But I wouldn’t shed a tear if he left either.

Had we not won the FA Cup last season I think he’d be looking over his shoulder at Top right now

• Like 3

Going to try and be positive, whilst we haven't played great since the October international break results have improved.

I think BR hs gone a little more pragmatic to achieve this resulting in our current style of play. 

Before the October International break

PL Games Only 

P7 W 2 D 2 L 3

Point per game 1.14

Win Ratio 29%

Lose Ratio 43%

All comps 

P10* W3 D3, L4

Win Ratio 30% 

Lose Ratio 40%

*Bare in mind one win was against Millwall

After the October international break 

PL Games Only 

P3 W2 L1 Points per game 2 

Win Ratio 66%

Lose Ratio 33%

All comps 

P6 W3 D2 L1

Win Ratio 50%

Lose Ratio 17%

Maybe we are starting to turn the corner all be it slowly, we have definitely became harder to beat

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 1

On paper there’s so much to be positive about, probably our best ever squad, new training ground, stadium development and a coach that is highly rated my the majority of the football world but come match day everything’s a bit flat like the players are only at 70% and there hearts not in it, I know we’ve had a few good performances but it’s been crap for too long now, something has to change soon.

3 hours ago, jerry said:

Which Manager would be an upgrade on Rodgers ? More realistically would a Conte type Manager which to come to a middle of the road club ?

Quite honestly, I don't see a readily available upgrade out there at this point in time mid season, does anyone? Neither do I see us attracting a ready made elite manager either. I think we have a manager with a mixture of great attributes mixed in with a dose of stubbornness and tactical flaws. Even he should realise by now that if things keep repeating themselves there has to be a problem other than just the players themselves. 

• Like 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Quite honestly, I don't see a readily available upgrade out there at this point in time mid season, does anyone? Neither do I see us attracting a ready made elite manager either. I think we have a manager with a mixture of great attributes mixed in with a dose of stubbornness and tactical flaws. Even he should realise by now that if things keep repeating themselves there has to be a problem other than just the players themselves. 

Your underlying numbers on attack are mostly good. Increase the number of shots taken and you'll start moving up the table. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

Your underlying numbers on attack are mostly good. Increase the number of shots taken and you'll start moving up the table. 

That I can agree with and last night was perhaps a good example. Sometimes it looked like an unwillingness to take responsibility and sometimes a wish to score a perfect goal. The reality is, if a shot is taken and it banjo's in off someone's arse, a goal is a goal and you don't win a prize without buying a ticket to the raffle. 

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s all immaterial anyway

Rodgers ain’t going anyway I suspect 

Would have to take serious problems / nose dive in to the bottom 6 for Top to act. They put up with Puel being atrocious for nearly a year.

2 hours ago, sammy82 said:

On paper there’s so much to be positive about, probably our best ever squad, new training ground, stadium development and a coach that is highly rated my the majority of the football world but come match day everything’s a bit flat like the players are only at 70% and there hearts not in it, I know we’ve had a few good performances but it’s been crap for too long now, something has to change soon.

I think that there is the feeling in the squad that they’ve peaked - 2x 5th place finishes (missing out on CL last day both times) and an FA Cup. The spine of the team leaving or retiring over the next 24 months, and the end really of the champion winning squad. That’s what’s driving the 70% feeling and the squad (not the manager) needs a shakeup/rebuild.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

And a lot of mealy mouthed  bullshit too..listening back to the bbc radio leicester build up tonight and the rodgers interview clips are such a lot of rubbish. Speak clearly man, no wonder the players look lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1