Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just close the topic..!!

Because this beloved Irishman is going

to take us on a next 4 year ride of excelment & achievements.

Humble pies,spilt milk, Hog-days,

Eggs-galore smeared over gobsmacked

Faces..Broken-mirrors crashing down around forever-doubtfull family homes..

Leicester-fans ridiculed, because over

15 years you have never recognised or

been able to pick a player and have become ' Whomemonsters' after their 

Player- targets have left il them in shame & embarrasment by taking all the spoils,you denied they were capable of...

All because you all wanted to be that

Little smarmy boy, who kept telling everyone...' but it's my ball & you can only have it if you let me be captain'..

There..!!

Now I have said it..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, majaco said:

Some on here need a reality check.   Replacing Rodgers with a better manager would be difficult.  He will leave when he gets an offer from a wealthier club who can offer him more resources than Leicester can.  Fans of many other clubs would love to have him.

.....some people would say the same about Puel after Southampton!!!

Finding someone to replace Rodgers would be a disruption we really do not need. We just need someone who can work alongside him to cover his blind spots. Ferguson was not afraid to get someone in who gave him a different perspective, if only Rodgers had to sense to do the same.

• Like 3

Love how the main argument against ever changing manager is that it's the fans responsibility to find a replacement. 

Whetger he should be replaced or not aside, this argument is tedious and farcical. 

Of course there are more than two options. It can vbe agreed that he isn't doing a very good job at the minute and rather than sack or stick we could acknowledge that he just needs to ****ing improve. 

There, that's my choice, ****ing change Brendan you stubborn sod. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

I still think the best football we've played under Rodgers was with Tielemans and Maddison both playing as 8's with Ndidi holding. Would like to see us move back to that.

I agree and it also coincided with players being at the very top of their game as well in pretty much in every position. 

Most of those players are no way near that level now. Look at Barnes, Madison, Ndidi, Perez, Soyunchu, Ricardo, Justin, Evans.

This is mostly due to injury and recovering from injury or lack of form but when you're looking at the number of players not functioning right now it's easy see why were where we are in the league.

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....some people would say the same about Puel after Southampton!!!

Finding someone to replace Rodgers would be a disruption we really do not need. We just need someone who can work alongside him to cover his blind spots. Ferguson was not afraid to get someone in who gave him a different perspective, if only Rodgers had to sense to do the same.

Ferguson didn't do any coaching though. He brought in people to coach his teams. Rodgers does his own coaching. You probably need a better Technical Director for your transfers though?

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Two seasons at Swansea.

Four seasons at Liverpool.

Three seasons at Celtic.

Three seasons at LCFC.

His win rate is the same as it was for Liverpool. 51%. I don't think he'll last a fourth season here based on our trajectory in the league and cups.

Deserves more time with us, he has won silverware unlike his time at Liverpool.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

Ferguson didn't do any coaching though. He brought in people to coach his teams. Rodgers does his own coaching. You probably need a better Technical Director for your transfers though?

...hence his blind spots, there are aspects of the game Rodgers continually fails to address, he needs a different perspective!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Our trajectory in the cups?....

Didn't we win the FA Cup for the first time in our history 6 months ago?..

Or was I having a Bobby Ewing moment?

I mean this season. No question is he a successful manager, our second most successful, but I can't help but concentrate on this season.

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Excuse my ignorance but you put these stats in as if they are negative. Clearly they are not. Granted we haven’t started this season great but hopefully he’ll turn it around. 
You mean finishing 5th twice, winning the fa cup and getting to the semis of the league cup and the quarter finals this season. 

"based on our trajectory in the league and cups" I mean this season obvs. You can't have a trajectory that goes back in time unless you're Marty McFly. Are you Marty McFly?

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Two seasons at Swansea.

Four seasons at Liverpool.

Three seasons at Celtic.

Three seasons at LCFC.

His win rate is the same as it was for Liverpool. 51%. I don't think he'll last a fourth season here based on our trajectory in the league and cups.

Based on our trajectory of improving every season under his management?  🤔 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Based on our trajectory of improving every season under his management?  🤔 

If we do then great. But this season's league form and europa form aren't looking great. I thought he'd turned it around after man united but the slump has continued despite us having an amazing squad.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

If we do then great. But this season's league form and europa form aren't looking great. I thought he'd turned it around after man united but the slump has continued despite us having an amazing squad.

The whole league is in the same position, a win today and we’re 5th, in the league cup 1/4finals and still in Europe

29 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The whole league is in the same position, a win today and we’re 5th, in the league cup 1/4finals and still in Europe

You’re right of course. But we’ll need to turn things around. We did this last season throughout injuries. This season we seem flat. And it’s frustrating to see when we have such a fantastic squad.

5 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Love how the main argument against ever changing manager is that it's the fans responsibility to find a replacement. 

Whetger he should be replaced or not aside, this argument is tedious and farcical. 

Of course there are more than two options. It can vbe agreed that he isn't doing a very good job at the minute and rather than sack or stick we could acknowledge that he just needs to ****ing improve. 

Why should he change..it's the players

Fking it up..!!

8 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Isn't this what FT represents - the opinions of the impassioned powerless? All the arguments on here could be labeled tedious and farcical (including yours), especially the last para, where you make the most futile gesture of all - a plea into the void! Which is pretty much like praying. 

Face it - you're in the same boat as the rest of us. 

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

This stubborn argument keeps coming up from people who want to beat BR, but he is more willing to change and adapt the formation and players than almost any other manager I know. He has faults, but stubborn is definitely not one of them.

Ok then - if stubborn's not the word then how about blinkered and unwilling to adapt to changing circumstance. 

1 minute ago, gerblod said:

Ok then - if stubborn's not the word then how about blinkered and unwilling to adapt to changing circumstance. 

Can you give an example of what you mean? I feel he regularly adapts and changes the side and formations.

• Like 1

Must admit looking at how strong teams are we’d do well to finish 6th this season, top three are untouchable leaving West Ham Man Utd Arsenal Spurs? And us as who id expect to finish below the top three in no particular order as of yet. It’s easily the most competitive season in memory with some much quality in some many teams.

it’s not like we’re out of the race for top 6 of yet and tbh were yet to play our best team or formation, a win today and we’d be back in that race.

Keep the faith and give brendan time, at least till end of season.

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

Must admit looking at how strong teams are we’d do well to finish 6th this season, top three are untouchable leaving West Ham Man Utd Arsenal Spurs? And us as who id expect to finish below the top three in no particular order as of yet. It’s easily the most competitive season in memory with some much quality in some many teams.

it’s not like we’re out of the race for top 6 of yet and tbh were yet to play our best team or formation, a win today and we’d be back in that race.

Keep the faith and give brendan time, at least till end of season.

If we win today there are four teams on 17pts in joint 5th. Lose and we are 6 points above the relegation spots with a poor goal difference. The league is incredibly compressed. Shows the quality of the competition is higher than ever before. Any team that can put a good, sustained, run of form together should pull away from the pack quite quickly and make 5th their own and challenge for top 4 with West Ham.

The vibe I get is that he's been presented with a situation at City which he doesn't quite understand.

The Liverpool gig gave him unlimited resources, which he didn't capitalise on - to his master's satisfaction anyway. Celtic was an easy ride - the Scots Premier is a closed shop - and without Rangers it becomes meaningless. Leicester has resources enough to attract potential, but it's necessary to utilise that potential to the maximum possible, year-in year-out. Atalanta appear to most closely emulate City in their current achievements, but they live in the shadow of Milan, have a 20k stadium in a town with a similar population to Nuneaton & Bedworth.

Since 2016-17 it/they've never placed lower than 7th (?) in Serie A.

Their manager, Gasperini, has had his share of dismissals in the past, but appears, at the age of 63, to have learned his trade. If BR moves soon to a 'big' club then he's back to swimming with the sharks.

If the Club can strengthen central defence in the January window then, provided Top and the board and the players have confidence in him, a run of good results resulting in a top 9 placing could leave us primed for next season. As long as key players remain and he solves the N'Didi/Soumare conundrum.