Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Can you give an example of what you mean? I feel he regularly adapts and changes the side and formations.

Maybe that's the problem. In times of patchy results, perhaps he needs to start with his strongest team and optimum formation (the one that produces best results) and then be prepared to adapt immediately. When confidence is high then change side and formation as experiment, but the important thing is to adapt quickly in-game. He seems to be a rigid sixty-minute man. 

13 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

If we win today there are four teams on 17pts in joint 5th. Lose and we are 6 points above the relegation spots with a poor goal difference. The league is incredibly compressed. Shows the quality of the competition is higher than ever before. Any team that can put a good, sustained, run of form together should pull away from the pack quite quickly and make 5th their own and challenge for top 4 with West Ham.

We’ll go on a run soon I’m convinced, with Ndidi back in the side our defence will be far more protected before. it’s working out what formation to play. 
(4123) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gerblod said:

The vibe I get is that he's been presented with a situation at City which he doesn't quite understand.

The Liverpool gig gave him unlimited resources, which he didn't capitalise on - to his master's satisfaction anyway. Celtic was an easy ride - the Scots Premier is a closed shop - and without Rangers it becomes meaningless. Leicester has resources enough to attract potential, but it's necessary to utilise that potential to the maximum possible, year-in year-out. Atalanta appear to most closely emulate City in their current achievements, but they live in the shadow of Milan, have a 20k stadium in a town with a similar population to Nuneaton & Bedworth.

Since 2016-17 it/they've never placed lower than 7th (?) in Serie A.

Their manager, Gasperini, has had his share of dismissals in the past, but appears, at the age of 63, to have learned his trade. If BR moves soon to a 'big' club then he's back to swimming with the sharks.

If the Club can strengthen central defence in the January window then, provided Top and the board and the players have confidence in him, a run of good results resulting in a top 9 placing could leave us primed for next season. As long as key players remain and he solves the N'Didi/Soumare conundrum.

The Ndidi/ Soumare conundrum is an easy fix, he needs to play both together (a long with youri) and get them used to each other. Play Ndidi in holding and the other two as 8s

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

The vibe I get is that he's been presented with a situation at City which he doesn't quite understand.

The Liverpool gig gave him unlimited resources, which he didn't capitalise on - to his master's satisfaction anyway. Celtic was an easy ride - the Scots Premier is a closed shop - and without Rangers it becomes meaningless. Leicester has resources enough to attract potential, but it's necessary to utilise that potential to the maximum possible, year-in year-out. Atalanta appear to most closely emulate City in their current achievements, but they live in the shadow of Milan, have a 20k stadium in a town with a similar population to Nuneaton & Bedworth.

Since 2016-17 it/they've never placed lower than 7th (?) in Serie A.

Their manager, Gasperini, has had his share of dismissals in the past, but appears, at the age of 63, to have learned his trade. If BR moves soon to a 'big' club then he's back to swimming with the sharks.

If the Club can strengthen central defence in the January window then, provided Top and the board and the players have confidence in him, a run of good results resulting in a top 9 placing could leave us primed for next season. As long as key players remain and he solves the N'Didi/Soumare conundrum.

He had to sell to buy at Liverpool. At least in his first season. He was on the verge of selling Jordan Henderson in order to get Clint Dempsey. He had a net spend on ~£35 million in his first season. Second season he had a net spend of ~£25 million and was 3 points away from winning the league. Third season he had a net spend of ~£40 million. Hardly massive sums to be working with. Celtic was much the same after his initial transfers as Lawell and the board walked back their promises and forced him out (to you lot)

Edited by Guest454545

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Why should he change..it's the players

Fking it up..!!

If true - I.e. the team aren't performing to the instructions given - then it's interesting to wonder why.

Is it lack of technical ability? Surely not.

Is it lack of fitness?  Maybe, but why should the training regime leave them suddenly unfit when they've been fit enough previously?

Is it lack of form or confidence?  Hard to understand why so many should be suddenly going through an off-form period at the same time.

Or maybe it's down to loss of motivation which I would imagine would be down to some sort of disagreements/tension either within the squad or with the manager (or both).

That exhausts the possibilities I can come up with.  Anyone any more plausible theories?

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

The Ndidi/ Soumare conundrum is an easy fix, he needs to play both together (a long with youri) and get them used to each other. Play Ndidi in holding and the other two as 8s

Which means not playing Nacho or Madders as a 10 and 1 of Soumare or Youri pushing further forward to act as the link between midfield and attack

9 hours ago, Foxxed said:

If we do then great. But this season's league form and europa form aren't looking great. I thought he'd turned it around after man united but the slump has continued despite us having an amazing squad.

The squad only becomes & stays amazing to when it's performing..

And at any club experiencing poor

Performances, I still refuse to believe & refute one can dump the majority of it always at the managers door..

Our players have been supported protected from Brendan, he has now opened the door a bit, it's time for to this " young squad" to take responsibility as individuals - and selected game-day team..

Far Too many fans putting the onouse

on Rodgers( any manager)...

The players are not Robots, or babes in

Swathling clothes...Here they are a collection and gathering of some of our best ever players..riding the heights of positive individual potential speculation.

Time to stop hiding behind fans buffoonery & manager-blame coat-tails..

plus time for these modern fans to realise games ain't won or lost on any

Managers decisions. The strong teams

decent teams win games on the  pitch,with

Little tweeks from the manager..

Now you horrible scrotes, go out and do

What you are payed "extras" for..

you have had 10 games to get sorted,

Majority of you have played 2 seasons together..Fking stop hiding..!!

FT posters also have to get real ,get off

Rodgers back..!  He's coaxed ,tinkered gave players & tactics room, and chances..The sloppyness, has been our

Players..not the managers presentation

Or substitutes..& fking stop doing OTT

Analyse..it's bloody football not Rocket

Science..

Time to change all round or time for home truth bollockings ,for what the individual players are bringing to where

They are being valued in their skills

12 minutes ago, deep blue said:

If true - I.e. the team aren't performing to the instructions given - then it's interesting to wonder why.

Is it lack of fitness?  Maybe, but why should the training regime leave them suddenly unfit when they've been fit enough previously?

Is it lack of form or confidence?  Hard to understand why so many should be suddenly going through an off-form period at the same time.

Or maybe it's down to loss of motivation which I would imagine would be down to some sort of disagreements/tension either within the squad or with the manager (or both).

That exhausts the possibilities I can come up with.  Anyone any more plausible theories?

.  .I  would go for the last option!!!

For there to be this drop off and the poor performances of so many players, there has to be an underlying problem.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.  .I  would go for the last option!!!

For there to be this drop off and the poor performances of so many players, there has to be an underlying problem.

Mental strength , discipline, & concentration, despite individual skill is a long way a trailing..

But Ndidi & Soumare are not a quandrum..There is no fix needed.

Sorry but bloody stupid making one..

Soumare is a new investment with different labels to his name & potential.

Ndidi has been struggling with awkward injuries, but we know his strengths when he returns..

The season for both is still young..

That's why we like you positively mention can look to play both.

But let's not compare both or box them has conundrums..

Playing both has wider implications. If you play Maddison and two strikers then there's a limit of four defenders. I'd do that as a diamond with Soumare and Tielemans across. 

If JJ returns at the level he left at, then tickety-boo on the left. Castagne on the right. That's a strong player formation. N'Didi supplements defence and Soumare can concentrate on carrying the ball forward. I can see Perez being first pick again, though.

• Like 1

. .I have yet to see a comment regarding Ayoze contributions for the goal in the Spartak game!!!

He looked like a seasoned professional in that instance and it seems we might just have found the element in his game where he excells.

His game appears to have picked up due to the recent role we now use him in and he appears confident in himself. 

It was an amazing header, timing, height and a willingness to get to the ball. If we need to put balls into the box, let us hope he is the one trying to get on the end of them.

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

They are Human beings not machines, teams have ups and down its normal there doesn't need to be a major reason.

Factor in the possibility we may have over performed at times. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

If we win today will people's opinion change? If we lose with yet another toothless display, will other people's opinion change of Rodgers? Will today's result move any of his supporters and detractors?