Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

14 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Be a good move for him and a good move for Leicester at the right time.

Leicester needs a lift and BR probably needs to take that next step.

I'd say thank you and good luck BR a move that suits both parties currently.

Not if Big Sam is the only available manager and Rodgers takes Youri & Wilf with him in January

Well, in stark contrast to Thursday, first half against Leeds has been end to end stuff. Certainly not boring but I think it’s an indication that something is not right. 

To paraphrase something Brendan said when we beat them 4-1, he said something along the lines of making sure you don’t get into a basketball game with Leeds. The set up and approach for this game is nuts. Don’t get me wrong, if we decide that this kind of gung-ho approach is the way forward, then fair enough but it’s the literal opposite of the Rodgers footballing philosophy. 

what is going on? Has the pressure got to him? Is he running out of ideas? Win or lose, it’s certainly telling me that all is not well. 

• Like 1

Should have brought on Iheanacho or Daka earlier and supported Vardy. 

Lookman was out of the game for the 2nd half. 

I get Rodgers was hamstrung with the Tielemans injury in terms of planned subs, but couldn't understand why Maddison couldn't have come on for Youri instead of KDH. 

Could he not have come on for Youri, and then Daka on for Lookman? 

He got the starting line up fine. We were all happy. The lack of precision and accuracy in the passing was rubbish. We moved the ball forward but almost buckled under the Leeds pressure for periods of the game. I think Maddison could have come on earlier. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I get Rodgers was hamstrung with the Tielemans injury in terms of planned subs, but couldn't understand why Maddison couldn't have come on for Youri instead of KDH. 

He got the starting line up fine. We were all happy. The lack of precision and accuracy in the passing was rubbish. We moved the ball forward but almost buckled under the Leeds pressure for periods of the game. I think Maddison could have come on earlier. 

especially as he'd already brought an extra defender on to "gain control". They were there for the taking in the last 15 mins

If I had faith Rodgers would rejuvenate the squad next summer then I would accept a transitional season but I'm not sure he's see the problem. In not Rodgers out by any means, I think a drop was inevitable at some point because I think our squad as overachieved in some ways. 

What worries me is that I don’t see what the plan A is. I like a manager to be pragmatic and adapt to the opposition and also not stick to players/teams that aren’t working but at the same time it seems we change system and personnel pre game and during the game almost at random. 

A rapid front three to get in behind their high line made sense, but instead of tweaking it - maybe getting Iheanacho or Maddison on to drop towards the ball and link the play - he goes to a back 5 and then takes both wingers off for a number 10. 

Still seem to be searching for the best way to play and the best 11 - need to get there soon or this season could be a complete write off. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

What's prompted this?! 

Hard fought draw. He's said he's committed to the club. Can't see him leaving personally. 

It was basically a sarcastic reaction to a bollox article with a sewage source. I don’t he’ll go and I don’t want him to. 

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Good summary Stan. Those substitutions would have complimented the formation and shown ambition. The change to three at the back not only signalled an acceptance of the draw but arguably made us more vulnerable as we weren't dangerous for the opposition and changed to a format in which we know we concede goals.

Rodgers has done well here no denying that but it does feel like his time with us has run it’s course whether he leaves now or at the end of the season, the players don’t seem to be up for it anymore, and neither do the management.

If he goes to Manchester United so be it, I personally feel a new manager whoever that may be will re-galvanize us.

• Like 2

If Rodgers goes it's a loss can't just judge his whole time here on the last few games but maybe he's hit a brick wall here and it's time to go.

Problem is he'll take Youri and Wilf with him and then our entire midfield is wiped out. Possibly Harvey and Fofana too.

For that reason alone I hope he stays.

😳😳😳😳😳 some of you!

To be honest I think the players need to look at themselves too! They are professionals and are playing with no passion or desire - work hard, run.

It's not all on Brendan.  Something is clearly not right but they are grown men who should be held accountable too

Edited by Hales
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If Rodgers goes it's a loss can't just judge his whole time here on the last few games but maybe he's hit a brick wall here and it's time to go.

Problem is he'll take Youri and Wilf with him and then our entire midfield is wiped out. Possibly Harvey and Fofana too.

For that reason alone I hope he stays.

Barr one or two games it's approaching a calendar year.

• Like 1