Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

😳😳😳😳😳 some of you!

To be honest I think the players need to look at themselves too! They are professionals and are playing with no passion or desire - work hard, run.

It's not all on Brendan.  Something is clearly not right but they are grown men who should be held accountable too

I don’t blame the players for what seems like a loss of interest. They are managed by a man that bollocked them for not playing sideways enough, and instead playing intense, attacking football that suited the team better and lead to us being 3 up at half time.

• Thanks 1

I don't want him sacked, I don't want him out but if those stories of him verbally agreeing to replace Ole are true I want it done now, I don't want people here that aren't committed, same goes for Youri, sign the new deal or sell in January

• Like 1

Just now, Royston. said:

How bad do we have to be before Top would even consider sacking Rodgers?

Hopefully things don't go that far.

From what I've seen, the players aren't responding to his tactics.

Well you're 2 points off 6th place with more than 2/3 of the season to go, so...

On 04/11/2021 at 01:42, UpTheLeagueFox said:

My eyes, Babs, my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :protest:

Shame you are picky on which managers you give respect to.  

On the subject of Rodgers, I think he has hit the peak with us with the FA cup win and 5th place finishes, obviously we was not going to keep up the points per game, but the drop off is remarkable, and I would be very surprised if he is managing us next season.

The problem I have is more than results, our performances aside from the odd game against Manchester based clubs are very bad,  I havent called time on him before any accusations fly in, my comment is based on either Brendan choosing to move on or the club hierarchy making a decision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Too many formations.  We should find a groove and get good at it.

Rodgers is getting diminishing returns from his tinkering.

Worst part is we are not creating chances. 

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Too many formations.  We should find a groove and get good at it.

Rodgers is getting diminishing returns from his tinkering.

Worst part is we are not creating chances. 

Thats not his problem, the best managers change formations to avoid been predictable.

4 minutes ago, Royston. said:

We have just won 2, draw 1 and lost 1 in the league thats 1.75 pts per game 66 point over 38 games.

We have only lost 1 in 7 games, win 3 and drawing 3.

It will not have crossed he mind, football is a results business. 

You are talking about losing 25m, paying him off and losing out on compensation if Man U are really interested plus have to get a new guy in. 

9 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

I don’t blame the players for what seems like a loss of interest. They are managed by a man that bollocked them for not playing sideways enough, and instead playing intense, attacking football that suited the team better and lead to us being 3 up at half time.

So they should take no blame at all? I'm not saying Brendan isn't at fault but regardless of tactics they can work hard, run etc.  They are paid professionals!

What's crazy to me is that we are quite regularly scoring some absolute crackers this season, barnes today, tielemans against brentford/united, vardy against wolves/united. Some absolute stunners this season from our players yet we're mid table. The goals are coming yet our performances arent, we look a really poor coached side at the moment, low fitness, low technical ability, low chemistry. We dont play well most weeks and we arent scoring good team goals at the moment, that's down to rodgers. If we didnt have the players we have we would be in a much worse predicament.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hales said:

So they should take no blame at all? I'm not saying Brendan isn't at fault but regardless of tactics they can work hard, run etc.  They are paid professionals!

Curious if he has lost the players, I will never defend players who dont put in a shift though.

• Like 1

What were we doing 2 seasons ago differently? We had the best defensive record in the league for a large part, less goals conceded than games played for 3/4 of the season... but what has changed? 

We’ve swapped castagne for chillwell, which doesn’t seem like a downgrade but everything else is the same... so what  are we doing differently? 

The only noticeable change is the respect sides give us. That season I felt that after a Strong start and a few big wins, teams were scared of us. They sat back more, set up expecting that if they came at us we’d rip them apart.  But now that fear factor has gone. I think every game the opposition come at us. In fact there’s not been a single game this season that a team hasn’t planned to attack us. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

What's crazy to me is that we are quite regularly scoring some absolute crackers this season, barnes today, tielemans against brentford/united, vardy against wolves/united. Some absolute stunners this season from our players yet we're mid table. The goals are coming yet our performances arent, we look a really poor coached side at the moment, low fitness, low technical ability, low chemistry. We dont play well most weeks and we arent scoring good team goals at the moment, that's down to rodgers. If we didnt have the players we have we would be in a much worse predicament.

This is coz we have players who can turn on a bit of quality and muckle a goal from nothing.   What we fail to do is systemically create chances 

We look so stale. A good team, like us in the first half of the last two seasons, would've cut through Leeds with ease today.

We look like a team without a plan.

I'd be surprised if Man Utd were interested in him now but he did seem to be waving to the crowd more than usual at the final whistle today.