Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

What were we doing 2 seasons ago differently? We had the best defensive record in the league for a large part, less goals conceded than games played for 3/4 of the season... but what has changed? 

We’ve swapped castagne for chillwell, which doesn’t seem like a downgrade but everything else is the same... so what  are we doing differently? 

The only noticeable change is the respect sides give us. That season I felt that after. Strong start and a few big wins teams were scared of us. They sat back more, set up expecting that if they came at us we’d rip them apart.  But now that fear factor has gone. I think every game the opposition come at us. In fact there’s not been a single game this season that a team hasn’t planned to attack us. 

Your top scorer is 34. That's what happened. Rodgers system needs strikers who can finish the possession off. Look at how the wheels came off at both Liverpool and Celtic - loss of strikers ( Suarez/Sturridge, Dembele). Fix that and you're back in the game

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We have just won 2, draw 1 and lost 1 in the league thats 1.75 pts per game 66 point over 38 games.

We have only lost 1 in 7 games, win 3 and drawing 3.

It will not have crossed he mind, football is a results business. 

You are talking about losing 25m, paying him off and losing out on compensation if Man U are really interested plus have to get a new guy in. 

The thing is is that the results have actually been better than the performances this season by a margin and we're still midtable. It seems like for us to score it has to be a goal of the month canditate, and somehow we keep on turning them out like Barnes today. We're not going to continue scoring absolute stunner each week, our luck is going to run out.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If Rodgers goes it's a loss can't just judge his whole time here on the last few games but maybe he's hit a brick wall here and it's time to go.

Problem is he'll take Youri and Wilf with him and then our entire midfield is wiped out. Possibly Harvey and Fofana too.

For that reason alone I hope he stays.

Yeah because that's how it works in football.  A manager leaves and takes our 4 best players away.  He may well do that, but he would also be chucking the best part of 250 million our way also.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Royston. said:

How bad do we have to be before Top would even consider sacking Rodgers?

Hopefully things don't go that far.

From what I've seen, the players aren't responding to his tactics.

If we're in a relegation battle come January and there are clear signs he's lost the dressing room. Anything above 15th he'll get the rest of the season.  

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

What were we doing 2 seasons ago differently? We had the best defensive record in the league for a large part, less goals conceded than games played for 3/4 of the season... but what has changed? 

We’ve swapped castagne for chillwell, which doesn’t seem like a downgrade but everything else is the same... so what  are we doing differently? 

The only noticeable change is the respect sides give us. That season I felt that after a Strong start and a few big wins, teams were scared of us. They sat back more, set up expecting that if they came at us we’d rip them apart.  But now that fear factor has gone. I think every game the opposition come at us. In fact there’s not been a single game this season that a team hasn’t planned to attack us. 

Exactly, because it is the obvious thing to do. Attack us, press us and we concede if not entirely fall apart. 

By now Brendan’s ethos, tactics and setup should be engrained in the whole squad. We should be entering the best period of his tenure, not the worst. It seems that the first 12 months were his best period in charge, maybe 18. Right now our form has been diabolical in reality for a year. 

I want the guy to stay because I know we cannot find or attract better. Potter, Howe?  No thanks. Just sort it out Brendan. A guy paid £9 million a year should know what he’s doing, right?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

If Tottenham can get Conte, I fancy our chances of getting anyone we want.

Tottenham have been in a recent Champions League final though, and have England's #1 striker. It's not quite the same. You should stick with Brendan. I wish Celtic did. The board should have remortgaged their own homes to give him the transfer budget he wanted

Suppose he hasn’t really had a settled squad for a while so not been able to pick his first team if he has one in his mind. I haven’t looked it up but how many games do we start with the same team? Injuries and lack of form due to old injuries won’t help either. 

Just now, Guest454545 said:

Tottenham have been in a recent Champions League final though, and have England's #1 striker. It's not quite the same. You should stick with Brendan. I wish Celtic did. The board should have remortgaged their own homes to give him the transfer budget he wanted

You're right. Leicester is a far better job than Tottenham. 

It looks like done deal behind the doors.

BR departing for Man U soon.

If we'll able to bring a champion football manager, we have the players roster to achieve great things.

I'm all up for a fresh start.

I'm all up for raising the bar.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

What's he on about? 

Quite clear isn't it? 

Once we have a full squad ie 2 very important players, we can be in a better position. 

Not to deny we shouldn't already be, but he clearly sees that Fofana is a pivotal player and we can be better with him (& Justin) back in the side. 

Don't think it's that confusing? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Straight from the horse's arse.

Really? I’ve somehow missed this lol  didn’t he mention that he was having trouble motivating the players? Feel they’ve reached their potential with 2 top 5 finishes and an FA cup? If so that’s not a good sign. 

Edited by casablancas